for all the upcoming vamps

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
ever since cata arrived im 24/7 spammed on pms with ppl asking for advice about vamps, what spec i am, what i think about X or Y.. so i thought id post here to share some bits..

first of all am just done with lvling artis and still ml2, been doing some testing but loads to be done and alrdy respeced once ;p atm, and so far so good, am 45p 34ve 25dem 22sm, and doubt am gonna change it (then again im not really that much of a soloer..)

for all those asking, for leveling best u can do is go SM (least till 40 then respec to whatever u like) cause the hot and the heat claw (less resisted) help more than a lot in pve..

imo any rvr spec needs, at least, 43pierce 32ve (for the feint>eshoot chain and last fumble debuff) rest its up to anyones taste.. most fotm spec on the us seems to be 43p 32ve 38sm

well, if theres any concrete question u got about vamps, post it here! i bet any of the multiple 50 vamps on exca will help u out :O

MaCaBr3

Banned
I'm going full SM on my vamp till level 20, the piercing doesn't do dmg at all at these levels exept for draining power.

At level 20 i'll be going SM/Dem/Pierce. Just to check it out.

nimronn

Loyal Freddie
u should add to your sig- Innocent - cant lvl on my own so PLed my Vamp!

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
loff can i still pm u ingame with questions??!?!?! also u still have too hit myu druid again now that ur toa'd :D

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
lofff said:
first of all am just done with lvling artis and still ml2, been doing some testing but loads to be done and alrdy respeced once ;p atm, and so far so good, am 45p 34ve 25dem 22sm, and doubt am gonna change it (then again im not really that much of a soloer..)

Why spec 45 pierce if you have only the 2nd armor debuff? And why spec SM so high if you're mainly grouping/8vs8? Just constructive criticism, not saying that your spec sucks or something :)

In US I think most grouping Vampiirs spec high to get last claw, does anyone have experience is it worth it (48VE or high DEM)?

I've been thinking couple of specs besides the "cookie-cutter" 38SM 32VE :

43PI/48VE/13SM : Highest matter claw!
45PI/41DE/21VE/13SM : High cold claw, debuffs & called shots, 2nd fumble
43PI/41VE/28SM : High matter claw, some SM goodies

Opinions & criticism?

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
Nix said:
Opinions & criticism?

I like some of the specs, but I could imagine 30+ SM beeing good for rvr also. Reason behinde this is cause of the focus snare, but that is only a problem if you aint got a bm in group (or any other classes with snare). The focus snare is kinda nice for solo/duo also, now i aint got that much rvr experience yet, or "real" rvr experience (just went through Leirvik)... Did get to rr2l2 tho ;)

Like the high DE spec, would like to get a hold of 2 respec stones once i reach 50 so i could try it out in a group :) Can imagine it havein' some nice utility in a group.... resist buffs, the "debuff" focus (think with the highest one on a tank, it would be like him running around with res. sick :) )

Crossbreed, 45 and raising vamp ^.^

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
48 VE, 43 Pierce, and 13 sm to get that 40 endu. The best spec for the grouping vamp, gives you the last claw that hits for 300-350 every 1.7 secs with a luri vamp (highest dex, con is shit, if your druid can't keep you alive, nothing will)

Luri vamp = Damage.

Shar = Solo survivability

Celt = .... hm... wait, i'll find it... ermm.... there should be something..... oh well!

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
45 pierce 48 VE for grouping vamps imho

43 pierce is quite enough if you're VE I think. 45 pierce and max dementia would be great assist train spec, wouldn't it? Armor debuff and buffshear with max claw and the train will hit like a.... truck?

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
nimronn said:
u should add to your sig- Innocent - cant lvl on my own so PLed my Vamp!

its actually funny to see the effects of jelaousy on random scum, i believe what you are trying to say about urself is: cant plvl on my own so i lvled my Vamp!

fyi, and a few other thick individuals ive come across past days, i did pl my vamp on my own, i had whole equipment rdy and was simply waiting for cata to develop the char as fast as possible to make mls and hit rvr. If you think theres something wrong with that, get a reality check. Granted that someone who plays his char first time in rvr (no matter which class) wont have much of a clue about his own abilities, but thats simply stupid and other than ebayers dont think anyone does that, i made plenty of testing, standard pve and grinding to get grip on the class, i simply skiped the long boring same old pve phase. And as a matter of fact im preety sure i know more about the class alrdy than random shitheads like u will ever do.
_____

Leaving that aside, and to those talking about my spec.. i only posted my spec because am tired of typing it on pms, am not saying its best or anything its so far what i like the most, i went 45p for the extra weaponskill rather than some points trashed on nothing useful, i wanted at least 25dem for the resist buffs which do help loads and i wanted at least 22sm for the end tap which also does help

i personally dont think speccing higher VE for a better claw is worth losing those i mentioned, was actually my first intention to go full VE until i researched/tested more about vamps, and high hits suit along with those abilities far more than the 0.1 secs u may swing/cast faster with a luri

Having played this game since beta, multiple classes in very different stages of the game, id say vamp is a outlasting class. Am not dishing anyone elses preferences, go ahead and try, but to my understanding vamps bring the following to a grp:
- Good dps (im looking foward to see how it evolves with rrs but am more than happy with my current dps)
- Great interrupting and slight extra utility
- Awesome survivability

A luri vamp wont hit any harder, might hit slightly faster and cast slightly faster (as in very slightly) at the cost of a ton of hits, and to say keeping u alive is druids job is naive, staying alive and avoiding massive dmg is a part of everyones job as it is to stay in heal range, from what ive tested past 2 days with 25dem:

capped magic resists + resist buffs + self BaoD = get nuked for 2XX average, moc lifetappers 1xx
capped melee resists + self bof = 45%crush (-10% leather vulnerability) 40% slash 40% crush (mind you the racial 5 crush)

And to name a couple scenarios, while clawing a bged cleric and meleeing the friar bger > get lots agroo ---> 3 mercs didnt got me below 60% hp with self bof + 32%evade +17%parry (and ofc, fumble debuffing one ;p) ... moclifetap spammers hadly get any health up to keep up with dmg taken ... eventually ive even 'tanked' some wiz blasting whole power on me for 2xx dmg while killing someting else, could have interrupted him, but i know how fustrating it is to blast away a power bar and target not droping *grin* What am trying to say, is that the awesome survivability on the class is one of its biggest strenghts and some posters here seem to be heavily underrating it

anyway its just some thoughts and experiences, not like ive played it that much yet, lots still to see and try

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
oh and i forgot to add!

135 str / dex / con | 90 qui are the stats gained at 50 (plus the normal stat raise / level)

one of those perma asked questions ;p

Malakili

Fledgling Freddie
Can I ask did you go Shar or Celt and for what reason?

Also be interested in seeing your template if you're willing to share, read the one someone else posted a while back, was fairly uber but I thought there was room for improvements.

Won't be rolling my Vampiir for a couple of months when uni is done but from what little I have read and seen they seem fun.

Malakili

Aliorm

Fledgling Freddie
Celt or Lurikeen > Shar

And Loff! Eres un pakete!! <3

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
am shar malakili, and my template is nothing special, based on golden spear and gov, all resists capped and some +caps +hits (and ofc the melee bonuses)

i actually find shar to suit the class perfectly and at rr2 got 2056 weaponskill selfbuffed.. but dont listen to me, rather listen to all those strong arguments which are clearly explaining why a luri, or a celt, would be a better vamp choice than a shar (!)

but then again thats irrelevant, thread was meant to compile useful information for those who may need/want it, lets try to stick to it ;)

Aliorm

Fledgling Freddie
luwi and celt have more dex and str in total than shar, 10 pts more, but shar have +20 on con than a celt and +40 on con than a luwi, a shar only have 50 qui, while the celt has 60, and the luwi 80.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
vampiir is a class that is all about outlasting, and con is the key for that

also claw dmg is based on str :p

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
It all comes down the individual's choise of course, i didn't mean to start an argument on what's the best class. They still haven't figured that out in the us and catacombs has been there for months. As far as templates are concerned, check the vn boards, lots have been posted there, with and without uber templates.

Personaly i'll go for gsv and legie, that will debuff my own damage. I'll be carrying a crafted pierce also for the occassions I see people running with matter resists up.

What is really amazing with this class, is that it is so damn flexible. I don't believe that unless you go with less than 43 pierce you can seriously gimp yourself.

Also, what's the point of leveling from the start if you can get PL'd? I hate pve, if i liked it i'd play eq or whatever. Personally, I soloed a few levels in the mid 30s, took around 6000 rps in molvik, and of course I'll get PLd as much as I can. I only regret that I won't reach 50 tonight :p

Malakili

Fledgling Freddie
Does pierce autotrain? If so then I'll definately be PLing as fast as possible when i get the opportunity.

If not then I might take my time and run through a few of the bgs to see I like it before I spend the time levelling to 50.

Malakili

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
some nice info loff, cheers, and have to agree shar >> anything else, if people didnt notice it takes them a while to get going, so the longer they stay alive the better, and a handfull of dex isnt going to make all that much difference with a good SC temp at 50

Corran

Part of the furniture
Shar>All .. but the only reason i came to that conclusion is it the best looking class. :D

nimronn

Loyal Freddie
lofff said:
its actually funny to see the effects of jelaousy on random scum, i believe what you are trying to say about urself is: cant plvl on my own so i lvled my Vamp!

fyi, and a few other thick individuals ive come across past days, i did pl my vamp on my own, i had whole equipment rdy and was simply waiting for cata to develop the char as fast as possible to make mls and hit rvr. If you think theres something wrong with that, get a reality check. Granted that someone who plays his char first time in rvr (no matter which class) wont have much of a clue about his own abilities, but thats simply stupid and other than ebayers dont think anyone does that, i made plenty of testing, standard pve and grinding to get grip on the class, i simply skiped the long boring same old pve phase. And as a matter of fact im preety sure i know more about the class alrdy than random shitheads like u will ever do.
_____

U Pled your vampiir - its a new class - jelous? i dont think so - im lvl 46 and i havent Pled at all just doed/soloed alot all the way..i dont need to be jelous of someone that likes to skip the boring parts as u say - which is actually a massive part of the game...ye - ur Pling ur vamp doesnt effect me in anyway - but i have a right to say what i want - and i felt it nessecery to tell these peeps that u are a PLed vampiir noob..so maybe u might be the wrong person to get information from as u prolly havent played ur vamp pre 50 enough to even learn what the qbar icons are.

Its people like you that ruin the game m8....what about the peeps that dont have PL? and they want to grp with same lvl people? i suppose none of that matters cos its boring and u just wanted to get ur 50 vamp - and go RvR and be a noob for a long time till u learn ur character.

DAOC is dying - its come back strong but nevertheless it is slowly dying away...i wont leave until they close the game down, but we need people to start playing it, surely u can appreciate what im saying?

Gryni

Loyal Freddie
Its people like you that ruin the game m8....what about the peeps that dont have PL? and they want to grp with same lvl people? i suppose none of that matters cos its boring and u just wanted to get ur 50 vamp - and go RvR and be a noob for a long time till u learn ur character.

Roleplayer? :eek7:

Wert

Fledgling Freddie
lofff said:

tbh that was uncalled for, i am in no way jealous that thought it good to pl a vamp to 50, goes to anyone who thought "oh, i have too much money and no life so i can sit here for the rest of my life playing 4 acc and get to 50 before you". man that sucks. who cares if you tested? i've been concentrating on loads of different play styles with vamp, both group and solo, it is a completely NEW style of play, and to learn this style of play i am takeing different scenario's along the way onto my grind up to 50, slow grind but higly enjoyable, i'm having a lot of fun trying different combinations, seeing how the class plays in PvE, i even tried it in thid, very very fun. You just went 1 -> 50 and think people are jealous of you. Reality check, people think are a sad fool with no life. You gonna call me a random shithead? Proves that you are probably jealous of other people. you can say "oh i'm 50 and ml2 and fully toa'd" means nothing if you forgot the purpose of the game. To have fun every step of the way.

Do you remember what the lowbie dungeons look like to a lowbie? Probably not, all you see is "50, ml's, template". When was the last time you went into muire with a noob level 9 and had fun in there? How about killing water bettles? Do you even remember what they are? I've got a friend with 7 level 50's ... man ... he doesn't ask for pl, he is playing his character, learning every aspect that there is to learn. You can read VN boards, make templates, specs ... whatever the hell you like, but you will never truely know what is right for you because you don't have that emotional bond with your character. It means nothing to you, you don't want to see it grow and evolve into a masterpiece ... took me 6 months to level my first character to 50, 6 months later i'm still getting items for it, i watched my blademaster grow and grow every step of the way, i know him inside backwards and upside down, i know his limits and capabilities. Did you do ANY PvE with vamp apart from ML's? I doubt it. .. you probably even pl'd your artifacts. Nice way to get to learn and know your character. I feel sorry for you. Now i am going back to my characters, playing them slowly and throughly, learning their every strength and weakness, finding new mobs to kill and still kill the old ones, farming new and exotic mobs, doing quests, pfft, all you think about is the RvR side, you forget about the PvE and all the hard work mythic put into it. Quests and items. You suxxor

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Wert said:
tbh that was uncalled for, i am in no way jealous that thought it good to pl a vamp to 50, goes to anyone who thought "oh, i have too much money and no life so i can sit here for the rest of my life playing 4 acc and get to 50 before you". man that sucks. who cares if you tested? i've been concentrating on loads of different play styles with vamp, both group and solo, it is a completely NEW style of play, and to learn this style of play i am takeing different scenario's along the way onto my grind up to 50, slow grind but higly enjoyable, i'm having a lot of fun trying different combinations, seeing how the class plays in PvE, i even tried it in thid, very very fun. You just went 1 -> 50 and think people are jealous of you. Reality check, people think are a sad fool with no life. You gonna call me a random shithead? Proves that you are probably jealous of other people. you can say "oh i'm 50 and ml2 and fully toa'd" means nothing if you forgot the purpose of the game. To have fun every step of the way.

Do you remember what the lowbie dungeons look like to a lowbie? Probably not, all you see is "50, ml's, template". When was the last time you went into muire with a noob level 9 and had fun in there? How about killing water bettles? Do you even remember what they are? I've got a friend with 7 level 50's ... man ... he doesn't ask for pl, he is playing his character, learning every aspect that there is to learn. You can read VN boards, make templates, specs ... whatever the hell you like, but you will never truely know what is right for you because you don't have that emotional bond with your character. It means nothing to you, you don't want to see it grow and evolve into a masterpiece ... took me 6 months to level my first character to 50, 6 months later i'm still getting items for it, i watched my blademaster grow and grow every step of the way, i know him inside backwards and upside down, i know his limits and capabilities. Did you do ANY PvE with vamp apart from ML's? I doubt it. .. you probably even pl'd your artifacts. Nice way to get to learn and know your character. I feel sorry for you. Now i am going back to my characters, playing them slowly and throughly, learning their every strength and weakness, finding new mobs to kill and still kill the old ones, farming new and exotic mobs, doing quests, pfft, all you think about is the RvR side, you forget about the PvE and all the hard work mythic put into it. Quests and items. You suxxor

Whos the nolife noob, the one who pl a char for 2days or the one who plays him daily for 6month? And loff probably knows alot more about daoc then you ever will :)

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
lol am shocked, first of all its someone else posting here trying to flame/dismiss me because i powerlvled.. not the other way around, you took the time to post in here because obviously something disturbs you and my comment about jelaousy is just a mere logical conclussion:

- do you know me? No
- have u ever played with/against me? No
- are you currently developing a vamp? Yes
- are you therefore aiming (partially) for the goal ive achieved alrdy? Yes
- is there anything else than jelaousy that could be motivating your bitter posts? No

Do not twist reality, theres nothing great on hitting 50 and getting over with artis/pve am not proud or bragging about it, am just happy am done with it, i couldnt care less who u are or what you think, but for the record.. i was one of the first lvl 50s on this server back in the days when something such as a 'leveling race' had any sense, i know more about the purpose of the game than u ever will, and is my right to choice to skip whichever part i want..
And about been a noob thats ruining ur game etc etc.. well, suit urself.. i really wish u best fun and all..

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
I think its cool have a few 50 Vamps in Exc/Hib already, its Usefull for the others for epics and stuff and information.

Mine is only level 35 atm ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom