for all the upcoming vamps

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
oh and btw, playing your char in pve and playing it in pvp are completely different things, but i guess u havent gotten to that yet

daoc isnt rocket science, doesnt take a genius or a month to learn how to play ur class, game basics have been the same for over 3 years with a few new variables

and for the last time, u dont know shit about me or my life or what exactly did i do with my vamp, u making a hell of a lot of (mistaken) assumptions, if there is no jelaousy, then hating/attacking someone because he plays on a different way than you do sounds bit extreme to me xd

Anyway am over with this silly thing, if u guys need some lowbie gear i can spare you some from vault (eaaaasy, was just a tease :D )

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
The 43 Pierce / 32 VE / 38 SM looks to be nice specs for RvR.

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
tbh, Ive been having a good laugh over this whole loff thingy. Who gives a fuck if people get PL'd or what? I certainly don't, makes no diff to my life. But loff, I think you perhaps should have played your vamp because, to be fair, I have never had so much fun xping a char before. I've even been running around muire tomb with the dude, because man, the memories could almost bring back tears :D

But to everyone else: chill the fuck out. Who was it that said the main point of the game is to have fun every step of the way? Well, you are right dude, but I'm quite sure that loff is doing what he has to do to have his fun. Dont ya think?
And omg, vamps are pretty fucking hardcore!

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
loff <3 this information has been really useful, just got catacombs myself but i intend to roll a vamp asap, ill probably pl it too! Duno why they even bother flaming you in a thread you've made to help people. Everyone has different playing styles and goals people should get used to it and stfu if they don't like it.

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
I dont have a thing against PLing but in my opinion, you should atleast get 1 char up to 50 without PLing just normal soloing/grping as I believe it gives you some insight into the game and who knows, you may learn a trick or two.

in regards to vamps, Lofff, good advice and thanks for taking the time & effort to put pen to paper(so to speak)

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Dafft said:
I dont have a thing against PLing but in my opinion, you should atleast get 1 char up to 50 without PLing just normal soloing/grping as I believe it gives you some insight into the game and who knows, you may learn a trick or two.

in regards to vamps, Lofff, good advice and thanks for taking the time & effort to put pen to paper(so to speak)

True enough, something which every player who has been playing DAOC since beta/retail has actually done, in the old days rangers had to solo to 50!

Loff has been there and done that, I can see where he's coming from...personally I didn't pay 240dkr just for new classes, I want the content too!

Mind you I play WoW and camelot, I got the best of both worlds (WoW PvE content is fresher and less complicated, DAOC PvP frankly pisses over WoW but it's all too unbalanced for my tastes) and have always enjoyed the road to 50, excepting a few lvls where your abilities fail to translate into effective mob killing, nothing like being lvl 40 and using lvl 33 spells that get resisted all the time!

More information about the new classes is always a good thing, better to stick to the facts than question what counts as fun, especially as it's so variable and different for everyone.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i kinda enjoy leveling vamp the 'normal' way, exploring catacombs

task dungeons are pretty good exp, i like the way underground mine combines the old zones with the new, i like the instanced dungeons where you can walk thru in like an hour and then you exit it safely again :p

not been to any of the cata zones that aren't related to existing dungeons yet tho :p

vampiir also is really nice to pve with, they kinda have it all to kill fairly fast and avoid long downtime :)

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
i never said there was anything wrong with normal exping.. i actually made plenty of it regardless of what some ppl may think and yes vamp is also great on that aspect, just as the new zones/quests rock

for instance i soloed last 9 bubs to 50 killing bears near ailinne one morning.. i started cos there was not much else to do, but had 0 downtime and was more than good arti exp so i staid xd every now and then fought some albs which came by, i killed some and died too but dont complain about it, it helped the grinding not to become tiresome.. got a screenie in which i killed 2 orange bears and 2 mincers who jumped in, all at same time :D (ok they were gimps ;p~)

Also the catacomb quests are awesome.. very easy and simple + great exp, specially the ones on the lvl 40sh in the Underground Forest, they got a small lvl range (like 46 to 48 for example) but i think they have a fixed exp reward on half a bub or a full bub.. cause i finished a couple after dinging 50 and they still gave me half a bub.. which was about 41 billion exp.. if only artis gained exp from quests ;dd

theres also some 'ganging-up' mobs with scouts, healers and prety nice AI deeper on the zones, makes a difference from the standard pull and whack mob..

am loving the class, so far its all been over my expectations (which were high enuff)

Helme

Resident Freddy
Malakili said:
Any ideas if Vampiirs do autotrain pierce or not?

Malakili
None of the catacombs classes autotrain as mythic realised it was sort of a screw up with some classes getting it and other realms counterparts not(mercs got it, zerks did not etc.)

sporez

Fledgling Freddie
dont get why ppl hate pl'ers so much. PvE sux so quicker its done the better.

And for the record chef was the first 50 vamp on the server ;)

Sporez

vintervargen

Banned
well loff if you want interrupting you have a light eld or whatever, a vampiir in a FG will have no other task then dmgdealer (you have banelord after all)

Frostor

Fledgling Freddie
ty loff for all the great info abouth vamps :worthy:
quite sure many ppl will check this and get some rly valuable info about this
got my bainshee to lvl 15 , might start vamp too after readed this all :)
cya in rvr :cheers:

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
luri vamp = damage ? wasnt pierce str/dex?
and grping vamp is just :puke:

and almost forgot .. lofff sox cox :D

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Jika said:

Wassup? didn't you find one to buy yet? :kissit:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Jika said:

so having damage that is more than melee going through BG, along with banelord and armour debuffs is a bad thing? k

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
hah fakjoo ebayboy bet u get urs soon too! :p

and yeah so far sometimes i seem to have full power even spamming claws etc so might try full VE once i hit rr5 (since rr5 ra means a hell of a lot of power on fg ;d)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
whats the vamp rr5 ability?

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
whats the vamp rr5 ability?
according to camelotherald.com

Mark of Prey

Grants all members of the Vampiir's group a 30 second damage add that stacks with all other forms of damage add. All damage done via the damage add will be returned to the Vampiir as power.
(10min reuse timer)

Does say how much dmg-add

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Gear said:
Celt = .... hm... wait, i'll find it... ermm.... there should be something..... oh well!

not this is going from memory and just assumption that pierce dmg is still based on dex/strength

in which case luri and celt should have the same as a celt has more str but lower dex which is equal 2 luris high dex low str which should balance out.

the diff comes in when luri does more caster dmg but dies quicker where as celt lives longer but does worse caster damage :)

so i dunno, celts ur more long lasting vamp luris ur more dmg vamp :)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Luris have the most weaponskill, but have 40 less con than a shar.

40 con * 4.5 = 180 hp.

A luri vampiir is supposed to have about 2200 hp, so that's a 8% difference, or roughly 1 hit from a medium-fast weapon.

HPs are always nice, but so is weaponskill (it is a synthetic stat, however str/dex do seem to increace average damage, if not the cap). Decisions decisions...

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
And that's what fun with this class. The fact that you have all these choises you can go for.

The celt part was a joke btw :p

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Gear said:
And that's what fun with this class. The fact that you have all these choises you can go for.

The celt part was a joke btw :p

In my D&D days we called it min-maxing, I like my shar vamp because I've never played a shar before but I'd see satan chugging along with a snowplow before I made mine a luri!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Mirt said:
Luris have the most weaponskill, but have 40 less con than a shar.

40 con * 4.5 = 180 hp.

A luri vampiir is supposed to have about 2200 hp, so that's a 8% difference, or roughly 1 hit from a medium-fast weapon.

HPs are always nice, but so is weaponskill (it is a synthetic stat, however str/dex do seem to increace average damage, if not the cap). Decisions decisions...

figure out how much the extra weaponskill will help ya then? :)

Merrilow

Fledgling Freddie
They gain Str, dex, con and quick as they level so they're effectively fully buffed, if they could be buffed on top of that it would be ridiculous. They don't get a haste or AF increase though so that buff is still applicable.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I think Luris have one big advantage over Shars, which is much higher qui:

This is an advantage, because to get the maximum melee dps possible (GoV, GS, GoLM, Scalars, 100str/dex) you have to use a bunch of low utility items, and on a luri you can still hit 250 qui with 50-60 qui in the template and aug qui 2.

So what is with only being able to buff AF and Haste on them?

They're pre-buffed, admittedly their pre-buffs arn't as good as a Bot with full ToA bonus. However a vampiirs buffs can't be sheared! Another side effect is that you don't need rebuffing when rezed, and if you have GoLM you can /use to get rid of the rez-sickness and be back in the battle immediatly at 100% effectiveness. For long battles that's really uber imo.

Malakili

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm i'm sure i read it here somewhere but I can't find it now.

During levelling which line should I cap with the rest in pierce during levelling then respec to what i want?

Malakili

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom