Football- Premier league or champions league?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Please help solve another argument with a liverpool fan i know. He is 100% sure that most people beleive the champions league is the most important league and the one that teams like chelsea,man u,arsenal,liverpool ect want MORE than they want premier league. Is this true in your opinions, whats most important premier league or champions league?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
As a Chelsea fan i would say the league is more important - however in our current position i would say we have more chance of winning the champions league this year.

I know Cockdax is the same - League is first priority and everything else is secondary.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
You can guarantee there are more liverpool fans out there who think the champions league is the most important then any other english teams supporters.

Personally I think the premier league is more important as it shows consistancy.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
There is no debate on this.

The league is always the most important.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
As a Gunner I'd say the league personally is the best title to win. this is because it's the English league and you wanna dominate your rivals/ fellow country teams. But I'd really love to win the champs league just once at least :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Prem league is the most important,
followed by Champs league
followed by FA Cup
followed by League cup (Carling cup or whatever shit you wanna call it now days)

The league shows consistancy, as liverpool have already shown before, the champions league can be won with a bit of luck. If you can play decent twice a month you can win the champ league, but you will struggle in the league if you do that, oh, liverpool proving that point as well :p

Keitan

Banned
Prem league is the most important,
followed by Champs league
followed by FA Cup
followed by League cup (Carling cup or whatever shit you wanna call it now days)

The league shows consistancy, as liverpool have already shown before, the champions league can be won with a bit of luck. If you can play decent twice a month you can win the champ league, but you will struggle in the league if you do that, oh, liverpool proving that point as well :p

only cause man utd cant win the CL dosnt mean you have to say HAHA LUCK LUCK :clap:

Vladamir

FH is my second home
What about in 1999 then Keitan?

It's good to see your holiday has change your posting manner i must say.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I would rather the premiership it shows 9 months worth of form the CL is a cup so you just need a cup team

Saying that i would love for Arsenal to win it

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Btw to make things clearer can people say what team they support so we can see any trends.

Keitan

Banned
Btw to make things clearer can people say what team they support so we can see any trends.

Since you made this silly thread i guess you are either a chelsea or a man utd fan... and u are arguing due to you havnt won the CL in years?

yeah yeah i know im good.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
and yet when was the last time liverpool won the premier league? ooooooh that's right you haven't.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Tbh, I'd go for the triple! All or nothing!

No really, the league is best imo

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I am a chelsea fan but im one of the most unbiased fair people you could meet, unlike you i can admit when my team plays shit and i can admit when other teams play better and deserve their wins. I have no problem saying when a chelsea goal was lucky or a fluke and i also say when i think it was good. I just cant understand the blind hero worship i see in some people especially you kietan towards players and teams. You maybe a very nice person in real life but on here you come across as weak with no backbone, you seem unable to criticise your own team or players. As i say this is nothing personal against you since you could be a very nice person.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
For me it is always and has always been Premier League first, to be kings of your own country is worth much more down the pub when you are having some banter. Of course that would be different if I was bumping into Barcelona and Milan fans everyday but I am not, it is City and Leeds fans.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
i would say that the League should be the main goal, unless the club has won it several times last decade. Than they could focus more on the Champions League.

I'm a big AC Milan fan and I find it disgusting that they are satisfied with 4th position in Serie A. sure they have been in the CL final 2 times in 3 year but I would prefer a league win instead of CL :(

Corran

Part of the furniture
Keitan, when it comes to a penalty shoot out it is always luck as to who wins in many respects. But it was also lucky for Liverpool that the opponents thought the job was done at half time and didnt put in a second half performance.

Yes liverpool performed well in that second half, but there was some luck involved.... and more referring to this year for luck. You were shit in the group stage and only got through due to other results going your way in the end.

And as others said. Won the treble in '99. But hey, guess that isnt winning europe is it? Showed that you can win the two main competition in a season, unlike some teams (not just liverpool) who seem to have no clue how to perform in both the league and europe.

Dont get me started on the setup of europe anyways. Likes of Liverpool shouldnt be in it anyways. At most should be the top 2 of each country, bout time they change the name of the competition again as got nothing to do with champions.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
You can guarantee there are more liverpool fans out there who think the champions league is the most important then any other english teams supporters.

I think you might be basing too much on the rantings of Keitan on this forum as to what supporters really want.

For teams the one that they probably want more than any other is probably the most important. For most Liverpool fans, since we've won the CL once in the last few years but not the prem then most Liverpool fans want the prem title more, so would probably say that's acutally more important.

I'm not sure just saying that the prem has more games so that's more important is valid either. Winning the championship means more consistancy than winning the champ league but I know which i'd view as the greater achievement. Is being able to win must win games against ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcerlona, Inter Milan, Real Madrid less of an achievement than failing to win a match away at Wigan?

The premiership tends to test how strong your squad (or second team) is. The champs league how good your first 15 are. If you can argue that you can win it by being lucky then look at who's won it more than once, and that discounts that argument.

They are 2 different challenges, personally as a Liverpool fan i'd rather have the prem. If I was a Chelsea or Arsenal fan atm i'd probably rather have the CL. If your in a pissing contest with your mate in the pub after a few beers then it's the one you won last ofc tho!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
You were shit in the group stage and only got through due to other results going your way in the end.

If your going to slag people off at least have some facts to back them up.
We only got through due to other results going our way?

We finished 3 points clear of any other 3rd place team from any group with better goal difference than any other team in the competition.

I could argue that ManU only won the prem last year because of other results (i.e. Chelsea/Arsenal and Liverpool not winning all their other games) and it would be just as valid as your point.

Showed that you can win the two main competition in a season, unlike some teams (not just liverpool) who seem to have no clue how to perform in both the league and europe.

We've performed better in Europe in terms of results than any other English team over the past few years so why exactly do we have no clue how to play there?
We've got one Keitan already, lets not have one of them per team please!!

Corran

Part of the furniture
We've performed better in Europe in terms of results than any other English team over the past few years so why exactly do we have no clue how to play there?
We've got one Keitan already, lets not have one of them per team please!!

You can perform in EUROPE. You can not perform in the LEAGUE. Hence the comment that liverpool as well as some others (just look at a certain italian team), can not compete in the league at the same time as europe. Is that the managers fault? I would say so. But it not my place to tell you where your team is going wrong, Im quite sure you are capable of doing that yourself unlike certain people.

And as for the group stage.
Drew against porto
Lost against Marseille
Lost against Besiktas

You had 1 point from 3 games and were good as out. Credit to Liverpool for hte last 3 games, you pretty much slaughtered each of your opponents in them. However Marseille should have beaten Besiktas at the very least. And much of theirhome match against porto that I managed to catch they should have actually came away with 3 points.

So in my opinion, there was luck involved in all the results going you way in the end. You got to admit it, to come second in the group having had only 1 point at the half way point you needed luck to end up getting through.

And I am nothing like Keitan as I am not blind to the flaws of my team, and I show appreciation to other teams. However I will make comments based on my opinion about other teams as well.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Please help solve another argument with a liverpool fan i know. He is 100% sure that most people beleive the champions league is the most important league and the one that teams like chelsea,man u,arsenal,liverpool ect want MORE than they want premier league. Is this true in your opinions, whats most important premier league or champions league?

Your friend is obviously just saying this because they have no chance of winning the Premiership.

Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea might want the Champions League because they have already won the Premiership in recent times. But I still think the Premiership is the most important to them, the CL is a very nice bonus.

Of course there are some of us who would be happy with promotion from League 1 :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
You can perform in EUROPE. You can not perform in the LEAGUE. Hence the comment that liverpool as well as some others (just look at a certain italian team), can not compete in the league at the same time as europe.

Fair enough, misunderstood you there.

You had 1 point from 3 games and were good as out. Credit to Liverpool for hte last 3 games, you pretty much slaughtered each of your opponents in them. However Marseille should have beaten Besiktas at the very least. And much of theirhome match against porto that I managed to catch they should have actually came away with 3 points.

So in my opinion, there was luck involved in all the results going you way in the end. You got to admit it, to come second in the group having had only 1 point at the half way point you needed luck to end up getting through.

I guess we'll have to disagree here. At the halfway point we needed to win the last 3 games and we would go through regardless of how the other results went. It was always in our own hands. The other results helped remove a bit of the pressure in the end (we actually only needed a draw in the final game I think) but even if Marseille had won both those games you had mentioned it would of been Porto coming 3rd, not us.

Himse

FH is my second home
Since you made this silly thread i guess you are either a chelsea or a man utd fan... and u are arguing due to you havnt won the CL in years?

yeah yeah i know im good.

Grats on lucking the CL.

Marc

FH is my second home
Your friend is obviously just saying this because they have no chance of winning the Premiership.

Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea might want the Champions League because they have already won the Premiership in recent times. But I still think the Premiership is the most important to them, the CL is a very nice bonus.

Of course there are some of us who would be happy with promotion from League 1 :)

Good game on sunday. Cant believe we beat you after being 12 points down. I think you would still of given us a game, even if we had the like of Cayless, Fozzard, Maurie and Wilkin fit

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I think you might be basing too much on the rantings of Keitan on this forum as to what supporters really want.

Am not basing it on any single person, just the fact that because Liverpool seem to be doing the best out of any english team in the CL, it'd make sense that a lot more of their players would say that's the best thing. I can't really see a huge portion of man united fans saying that's the most important thing, otherwise they'd be admitting liverpool are outperforming them where it matters (as an example).

While that is a horrible way to be thinking, people arguing that their teams are the best in one way or another, outweigh those who say their teams not as good.

I support no individual team, I just watch what looks like it's going to be a good game. Surprisingly enough, at the moment it's tottenham games more then any other as they always seem to conceed a lot and score a lot rather then incorporate the boring mass defence tactics others seem to be doing ;) Lets just hope it continues.

Marc

FH is my second home
Liverpool do well in the champions league because big clubs always have 3-4 competitions to focus, small clubs like Liverpool just concentrate on one, ie, the champions league.

According to the special one anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom