[Football] More Liverpool Drama

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Sky Sports | Football | News | Hicks slams 'arrogant' Parry

What do other people think of this? I'm far from a fan of those red shites but it seems a little harsh for one of the owners to pin Liverpool's lack of success on Rick Parry.

What does he have to do with the running of the actual team?, seems a bit farfetched that Hicks is trying to find a replacement for him as early as May - especially if the other owner won't agree to it :eek:

Marc

FH is my second home
The real juicy gossip according to the news of the world is that the worlds greatest ever central midfielder, Steve G, was dating a 15 year old when he was playing 1st team for Liverpool at 19.

The everton fans will have a field day with this

gohan

FH is my second home
the yanks are *****, thanks for the money now fuck off

2 reasons liverpool have failed this season
1.rafa's earlier rotation, torres has proved he can play every game as has gerrard, since he started playing them weve been a hell of a lto better

2. hicks and gillett arguing every other day in the paper, rafa's sacked, rafa's safe, you cant have money, heres some money, you leave, no you leave!! fuckign children, give us the dubia investers

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
News in last weeks Gulf News was that Dubai Investments were no longer interested. Will be interesting to see if they pursue it any further.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hopefully they will come in and buy United, then crush those scouse bastards! ;) :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
the yanks are *****, thanks for the money now fuck off

2 reasons liverpool have failed this season
1.rafa's earlier rotation, torres has proved he can play every game as has gerrard, since he started playing them weve been a hell of a lto better

2. hicks and gillett arguing every other day in the paper, rafa's sacked, rafa's safe, you cant have money, heres some money, you leave, no you leave!! fuckign children, give us the dubia investers

Thats your greedy ex shareholders fault :)

Its a shame liverpool sold out the promise of 100m transfer kitty to win the league made them sell out it is just a shame.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe they should go on Jeremy Kyle and sort it all out.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Don't worry all will be forgotten IF they win the CL again on pens.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Awww, thought this be about Gerrard being a drama queen :(

Give him 8/10 for that dive :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
5/10 here. I thought it was quite obvious

oh, I was scoring him as a participant of the olympic diving team :)

Not sure how he not booked for that, was contact with Friedal, but hw was already on his way down before said contact.

Everz

FH is my second home
obvious dive... and the liverpool tinted glasses of the media still defend him

soze

I am a FH squatter
is it just me that thinks Gerrard should have got 1 yellow for diving and a second for kicking the keeper!! Send the prick off.

Marc

FH is my second home
is it just me that thinks Gerrard should have got 1 yellow for diving and a second for kicking the keeper!! Send the prick off.

Still bitter about the champions league? :p

At least gerrard doesnt spit on people like Arsenal's goldenboy :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
Still bitter about the champions league? :p

At least gerrard doesnt spit on people like Arsenal's goldenboy :D

We have not been abel to remove all of Barces training yet :kissit:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
obvious dive... and the liverpool tinted glasses of the media still defend him

The problem is I can see why they do, in that given the modern game it probably should of been a penalty.

Let me clarify that before you all start yelling "OMG he's Keifan"!

I'm 100% behind the ref for not giving the penalty, I wish every ref would take the same approach to the game as that one did. He's the first ref in a while i've actually not wanted to vomit over in the premiership, and they should play that game to every referee everywhere to show how it should be done.

The reason I think it should of been a penalty however is that he got the ball first and there was contact. Recently it doesn't seem to matter if the attacker moves to make sure there's contact, if there's contact it's a penalty. Personally I think it's a crap rule but it seems to be the rule that exists. The premiership has been full of people running at a ball, booting it out of play then falling over the nearest defender and getting a penalty.

Hopefully the trend will continue and players will make more of an effort to stay on their feet and do something with the ball instead of hurling themselves to the ground at every opportunity, but as long as ref's keep giving it I don't blame the players for falling over too much since it's the best way of getting the result. It's the ref's that need to change, expecting the players to change when they keep getting pen's awarded for doing it is never going to work. The reason every game seems to be settled with dubious penalty descisions these days is because teams simply work on getting the ball into the area then finding someone to foul them. Getting a goal scoring position out of it appears to be a bonus.

Seems Soze just wants penalties to be given when it suits him tho, since I didn't see the 2 Arsenal players in question fighting to stay up once they thought there was enough contact for a descision to be awarded. Ok when your team does it but not when someone else does, eh?

Marc

FH is my second home
Former Real Madrid coach and World Cup winner Jorge Valdano summed up Liverpool the best

"Football is made up of subjective feeling, of suggestion - and, in that, Anfield is unbeatable. Put a shit hanging from a stick in the middle of this passionate, crazy stadium and there are people who will tell you it's a work of art. It's not: it's a shit hanging from a stick"

:D

Marc

FH is my second home

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
1st half of Utd v Arse 0-0.

Utd have been outplayed, passing has been a disgrace.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
As for diving, every team has divers, why can't Liverpool fans admit Gerrard & Torres are part of the diving club!

soze

I am a FH squatter
That was the fans though not the players. This is what it looks like when a player spits at another player

and as for dives, how about this little pearler from the golden boy himself

:D

Like i said his early traing was by scum where spitting is ok so we are trying to stop his barce habbits slowly. :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
As for diving, every team has divers, why can't Liverpool fans admit Gerrard & Torres are part of the diving club!

I believe I did. They are currently playing to the advantage of the rules, I think what every fan wants is the rules altered to remove it.

On the + side arsenal concede another penalty, is Soze going to self implode I wonder?

soze

I am a FH squatter
I believe I did. They are currently playing to the advantage of the rules, I think what every fan wants is the rules altered to remove it.

On the + side arsenal concede another penalty, is Soze going to self implode I wonder?

No because that was a penalty not a dive you see the difference?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
No because that was a penalty not a dive you see the difference?

In the modern version of the game, no.

Fabregas "could" of stayed on his feet, instead he fell to the floor because he thought it was a penalty. That for you was a definate penalty.

Gerrard falls to the floor because he thinks he's received enough contact for the penalty to be given, he's diving.

How much contact there was is completely unimportant. In both cases there wasn't enough to cause the reaction from the player unless he was diving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom