Games Football Manager 2009.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Got it yesterday (thank you wifey :) )

Decided to see if I could get Leeds back to the giddy heights of the Premiership as my first challenge.

and how good is the 3d match view, makes the game soooo much better just with that.

I like the pre and post match interviews as well

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
I find the 3D engine to be really annoying. The players move to unrealisticly and they make so many stupid errors... I prefer the normal 2D engine. but I have been a FM fan for years so I'm really used to it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
LOL.

3rd Season with QPR, first season in Premier League, finished 15th. Got into Europe via the fairplay league :)

Oh and it has been said before, but to 2nd it. Buy Mascio.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Signed up to FM live. Not too bad so far.

Anyone else played, playing?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I played during Beta, and didn't particularly enjoy it. I found you had to give up too much time for it be to any good (like any MMO i suppose) and I didn't really have that time.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i played it during beta and enjoyed it but was very frustrated by the randomness (you could play the same team 5 times in a row, with same players on both teams and same tactics and have completely random result each time ) so it became more a case of luck than any kind of skill tbh :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Aghhghgh, annoying situation that I need some help with.

My best midfielder who is 21, and can still develop has developed a dislike for one of my first choice strikers, who gets me 20 goals a season, but is 29.

How do I deal with it, I have been asked about it in press conferences, but am not sure how to answer.

Anyway around this without dropping one of them?

Marc

FH is my second home
Only ony around I am afraid, sell one of them

OMG@ Carlos Vela, 44 goals in 32 games for my everton team.

GK: Akinfeev
DR: Richards
CB: Sakho
CB: Vorluka
DL: marcelo

AMR: Arteta/Willians Santana
AMC: Ronaldinho/Cahill (Ronaldinho is so unfit hes knackered by half time)
MC: Pirlo/Felaini
AML: Guardado/Dos Santos

FW: Aguero
FW: Vela

Subs/Reserves: Guilherme, Kerrision, Saivet, Marquinhos

Awesome team :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm in the 2012/2013 season and Arsenal have collapsed dramatically. Players wanting to leave because of disputes with Wenger, some dodgy signings and key players going off the boil. still they were fantastic for the first 3 seasons.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Im 3 seasons into a game and im Reading now I was Arsenal for 2 years but i did not get offered a new contract the board did not like some of my transfer choices. I won the league twice and the FA Cup and Champions league in my second season but still no new contract so i jumped ship.

Corran

Part of the furniture
i got about 9 seasons in then stopped... waiting on the next patch and transfer update then will have another go on it :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Woooooooooo!

My players resolved their differences. I made sure I played them together in every match, we were winning and both players playing well. I also issued a warning to the player who spoke out about his dislike for his team mate.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Woooooooooo!

My players resolved their differences. I made sure I played them together in every match, we were winning and both players playing well. I also issued a warning to the player who spoke out about his dislike for his team mate.

aye, i never get rid of players that have a bust up, unless it a reserve team player im not going to use much anyways. if that the case i often send them on loan till end of season if i cant flog them right away

Lethul

FH is my second home
So , can anyone explain to me the difference between a ST and a FC ? :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
ST plays right up top.
FC plays well in a deeper forward position (ie drops of the front to collect the ball etc like rooney).

I believe what this means in game terms though is that FC has a high Free Role ability as well striker position

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Friedel, shorey, davis, cueller, young, velloso, young, barry, reo-coker, arshavin,abonglahor ......surely this isnt a team that should be beat 3 nil at home by boro!?!?!?! :/

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
where the fuck is my 9.3.0?

and cerb you're probably just a shit manager, sorry m8r

Lethul

FH is my second home
reina
maxwell-carra-fazio-srna
guardado-veloso-gerrard-lucas-dos santos
torres

I'm in the lead ! :)
But sometimes it's annoying, beating Chelsea away only to loose to Stoke at home 1 week later :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
Again, league cup against WBA at home. I'm winning on penalties after 0-0 in the game.

2 days later im facing Man City away, most of my squad is around 90% and i manage to win with 3-0 :eek:

Think i nerfed City in my game tho. Offered them Mascherano for 40millions and they bought him insta. Pretty much only player they bought (except my aurelio and pennant as well ;))
So they didn't buy a lot of offensive talent :D

Lethul

FH is my second home
Uff, just as I'm boasting how good it is going, 4 of my start XI players gets injured in training :(

Gerrard, Guardado, Maxwell out for 1 month
Lucas out for 2 months

:(

And Arsenal is kicking ass atm so they will surely pass me in this month :(

Lucius

Banned
Fuck these new and updated games. The old ones were the best. I've been playing Total Club Manager 2004 for the past 5 years now and I am in the year 2053 with Bolton Wanderers...If no one believes me then feel free to request screenies.

Marc

FH is my second home
Akinfeev

Marcelo-Heitinga-Sackho-Richards

Guardado-Essien-Velaso-Dos Santos

Aguera-Vela

Have given up now because its impossible to lose.

Gonna start a new game with a non league team

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Doyle Zaki

Mounier Mascio Defour Fleck

Fabio Papylodous Connely Smith

Kirkland

Lots of subs who are very interchangeable with the first team. I am 3rd in the league in my 3rd premier league season. I am in Europe, and I should be challenging for the title this season. Not a very overpowered team, but a very strong squad and I get more and more money each season at the moment, and bigger players agreeing to come.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Fuck these new and updated games. The old ones were the best. I've been playing Total Club Manager 2004 for the past 5 years now and I am in the year 2053 with Bolton Wanderers...If no one believes me then feel free to request screenies.

pfft, i got up to 2028 on FM09 before i decided to stop and wait for the final patch.

FM09 has never been a problem for me, more detailed then any previous game making it much more realistic and yet i find it fun to play still. Older ones lack to much imo.

As for patch 9.3.0. they stated the end of the month, which means just that. If all goes to plan you will find it released next week , probably on the Friday. If not going to plan then guess it be the following week.

Lethul

FH is my second home
pfft, i got up to 2028 on FM09 before i decided to stop and wait for the final patch.

FM09 has never been a problem for me, more detailed then any previous game making it much more realistic and yet i find it fun to play still. Older ones lack to much imo.

As for patch 9.3.0. they stated the end of the month, which means just that. If all goes to plan you will find it released next week , probably on the Friday. If not going to plan then guess it be the following week.

Any idea what will be new in 9.3.0 ? Maybe less woodwork shots? :)

Lucius

Banned

It gets pretty interesting when all the 'real' players have retired and you start playing just with random generated ones.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Jesus christ, I did not release how unstoppable Vela was till I signed him.

Started a new game as Man Shitty, their buying power is ridiculous! Got Vel, Pato, Aguero, Akinfeev, Veloso, Fleck and Mascio in the first transfer window!

Corran

Part of the furniture
It gets pretty interesting when all the 'real' players have retired and you start playing just with random generated ones.

5 seasons into FM09 and i have almost a full squad of regen players approaching a level high enough to compete for the first team. Generally I will have 2 teams though. 1 team that plays the league, other team plays all the cups. This is how i get the squad to develop so quickly :D

I like both parts of the game.. the real players and the regens. And the updated database's and more realism of the newer FM's make a vast improvement in the game.

Also it doesnt take me long to get through a season, 20hrs a season maybe with running lots of leagues (all major european, plus scotland, belgium and couple other euro leagues, then brazil/argentinian leagues).

I just take a long time at the start of the game setting up tactic(s) and training. I only purchase players that will improve my squad whilst fitting into the playstyle and I also do not mass sell players at the start of the game. So this saves alot of time in the long run.

Probably in my next game once teh latest update comes out (which be played to at least 2050 probably into 2100's), I will have 2 managers on the go as i sometimes do. First will be managing Man Utd as that my team, and the second will start lower down in the leagues. Probably will go with my childhood local team of Southend... get them out the gutter they dropped into :D

As for new patch... match engine is ment to be getting updated so that playstyle like arsenal's can not dominate the competitions, and dealing with some irritations. My guess is they will tweak the clear cut chances down (so less woodword), and make pace less of a 'I Win' ability like Heading/jumping was in FM08. Probably try to tweak injuries again as people moan about it still... to be fair i dont see many problems at all with the current patch that affect the English league, problems generally are more towards the other leagues that need sortig (still some registrations of player bugs etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom