[Football] FA Cup Weekend

soze

I am a FH squatter
I would say what i feel about the fa cup but that manc fucker might red rep me again.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Well i'm about to watch the Arsenal/Liverpool game, that tell's you what I think about the FA Cup :p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Who do you reckon will win the Arsenal vs. Liverpool game, with the CL game in the bag?

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
aslong as united beat reading i cudn care less :D

I reckon arse will beat liverpool today...watching the WBA-Portsmouth game now....harrys boys are the better team but its like they cant gel or something...far too many strsy balls and such

Litmus

Resident Freddy
poor old west brom, i was really hoping they would beat pompy just so that a none prem team won the FA cup... would of been great.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
was a bit shocked when portsmouth managed to score, bit gutted as was rooting for the underdogs (if you could call WBA that the way they played in first half!) still guess its what the FA cup is all about :p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
1-1 at 80'!

I think Arsenal will win it in the end :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Guess not, Arsenal out of the title race well and truly now.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
So after 2 draws what's the predictions for Tuesday?

I'd like to say I fancy Liverpool to get the result at home but I can see Arsenal scoring at least 1 and the advantage of away goals being a real issue.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I don't think Arsenal will win at Anfield on a European night - but i don't see Liverpool dominating them.

I'd go for a goal-less draw or Liverpool win.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Can't believe Wenger played Fabregas again for 90 mins, by the time Arsenal play Utd next week, he will be knackered after another big game on Tuesday.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Tuesday will be settled by a penalty that was never a penalty. Two games in a row now they have got lucky with a penalty i hope it evens out Tuesday :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Play Up Pompey!!

Get In!!

Bye Bye Sh1t Bye Bye!

:D :D

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Tuesday will be settled by a penalty that was never a penalty. Two games in a row now they have got lucky with a penalty i hope it evens out Tuesday :)

You think Liverpool are going to be awarded a shocking penalty descision as well eh?

I'll give you the first one, think that should probably of been a penalty..

Not so sure of the second one still. There was a slight bit of contact yeah, but i'd still like to see players try and show just a little bit of strength, not spin to the ground like he's been shot in that circumstance. I'm not sure you can simply outstretch your arms in front of the defender, then leap to the ground when he touches you trying to get past and call it a definate penalty.
You could probably argue Lucas was obstructed since he played the ball then couldn't get past the Arsenal player who had run in front of him to get to it, the difference is he didn't fall over in the challenge.

I think the team selection put out showed the Arsenal had in a small part given up on the League before the game anyway and realised Tuesday was more important.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I have to agree somewhat, Arsenal probably realised that the Champions League was probably their best chance of silverware anyway because of the style of football they play and the fact they need to make up effectively 7 points on United. That and the fact that the only thing missing from Arsenal and Wenger's record is a European Cup will have had a strong influence on the selection for Saturdays game, he didn't field a weak side but it wasn't his best either.

Realistically now it is down to United and Chelsea and it could all come down to that game at Stamford Bridge in 3 weeks time, if United don't slip against Boro and Blackburn though I think the pressure on Chelsea will be immense. If we get a home win against Arsenal as well then Chelsea are going to be relying on other teams to help them.

Regardless, it promises to be a great title run in this year, we had 3 sides challenging until early April and that can only be good for football. As much as I loved the seasons where United ran away with the title I have to admit that this is alot more fun even if it isn't good for my blood pressure. ;)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Bet Arsenal are regretting not putting out a full strength side against Liverpool at this moment..

Game on!

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Well just like last year no Vidic and our defence looks average, happy to take a point, well played Boro today.

soze

I am a FH squatter
You think Liverpool are going to be awarded a shocking penalty descision as well eh?

I'll give you the first one, think that should probably of been a penalty..

I do have i do not know why but i can see another wrong penalty settling this.

The secont Penalty is hard to judge cesc ran forward the left back grabbed his arm and pulled him back. I can see that would throw him off balance. What really gets me is why did he need to grab him there arms did not cross he reached out a grabbed him a clear foul and a clear foul in the box is a penalty for me.

As for the Mancs this could have been the break we needed but ohh well, advantage Chel$ki anyone?

Everz

FH is my second home
Come on barnsley!!

Knock out those dirty fucking thugs for us...

nothing better then seeing the sh1t and the thugs crying at wembley :worthy:

Corran

Part of the furniture
I do have i do not know why but i can see another wrong penalty settling this.

The secont Penalty is hard to judge cesc ran forward the left back grabbed his arm and pulled him back. I can see that would throw him off balance. What really gets me is why did he need to grab him there arms did not cross he reached out a grabbed him a clear foul and a clear foul in the box is a penalty for me.

As for the Mancs this could have been the break we needed but ohh well, advantage Chel$ki anyone?

Man united are still in the driving seat. It is theirs to lose. Really tough came today, doesnt help that middlesborough could go gun-ho as they got nothing to lose or gain anymore. They really were going for it today and we had some poor defending, but credit to borough for the effort they put in.

Once again, Rooney and Ronaldo had to pull it out the bag. I feel we really need Nani back as with Giggs on the wing there was something lacking, that was evident when Park came on and gave width on both sides, that guy has done alot since return from injury.

I knew we were gonna miss vidic, but we were a mess, hopefully ferdi wont be too badly injured and back for next weekend. I can see Wednesday defence being Evra, Brown, Pique, Hargraeves. Would make an intresting game that. I really dont think silvestre or neville can do the job at this stage of the season with no real competitive football.

Praying we got Vidic next weekend but that not likely at all, be lucky to have him the following weekend. But at this point I still see it as 2 draws against Arsenal and Chelsea and we will take the league. A loss to Arsenal, but beat chelsea we take the league. A loss to chelsea and we are gonna be taking it to the last day of the season most likely and could go either way.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Very very poor today, neither Carrick or Scholes protected the back four and they were bullied by Boro at times. Fergie needs to put a rocket up both thier arses as that was just not good enough today. Also one thing I cannot understand, why the hell is Pique not getting a game with Vidic out. He is much more comfortable at centre back than O'shea.

Anyway, well played Boro, you gave us a scare and could have won it.

Corran

Part of the furniture
I got no idea cho. Pique is a much better centre defender then O'shea and I would have started him. But to make it worse I just dont understand brown staying right back with o'shea in the middle. If was gonna play o'shea then it should have been the other way around.

O'shea seemed rather... flat footed the entire game and was far from happy. Before the match I knew it was going to be tough match but thought we would just about win it. Figured we would conceed a goal, but not in the completely sloppy manner both were conceeded.

As much of an interesting game it was, i did not enjoy it as was not good for the heart :p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
If United fail to win against Arsenal next weekend then this race will be blow open wider than Cho's gloryhole after sitting on a pint glass :D

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
If United fail to win against Arsenal next weekend then this race will be blow open wider than Cho's gloryhole after sitting on a pint glass :D

So your saying you only have to turn up to beat Wigan then?

I would have thought you would have learnt from last season not to get so cocky.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Unless our luck changes i do not see it unfortunatly. If Rio and Vidic our out might help us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom