[Football] Champs League

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I live in Grimsby !! but id rather see an Imminigham team!

Keitan

Banned
Athletico Madrid are a much better side...

/runs for the hills screaming 'The Spanish are coming, the Spanish are coming!' :D :p ;)

in europe

liverpool owns all!

rafa benitez is the man if u wanna win the CL

Hes very good at beating teams above him

Shit at beating teams below him tho :<

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Athletico Madrid are a much better side...
runs for the hills screaming 'The Spanish are coming, the Spanish are coming!' :D :p ;)

Our chief weaponry is surprise and fear, fear and surprise

nonono, among our chief weaponry is surprise and fear and ruthless efficiency

:p

Corran

Part of the furniture
in europe

liverpool owns all!

So erm.... do you want to give the stats for Liverpool against the top 3 english teams? As that will make a mockery of that statement.

Hell, Benitez has shot himself in the foot really with his quotes about the difference between english league and european cup games... if you look into what he said it translates to "I can win europe, however i am unable to create winning tactics for the league and thus we will never win it"

I always stick to the League being the won to win, followed by europe, fa cup and then league cup.

Corran

Part of the furniture
cant edit... im to slow.. doh.

Anyways. On a quick look I believe the stats since june 04 (when rafa took over i believe) for results of games played against Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea, are:

Played 22
Won 4
Drawn 4
Lost 14

Goals scored 15
Goals against 29

Wouldnt say that is classed as doing well against teams above you. Assuming I got it correct, which I believe I have. But the disclaimer there if wish to check :p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Yeah, United are so bad they have some of the best talent scouts and ability to develop players.

DAMN THEM TO HELL!!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
cause man utd snap up all the best players ... i mean look at ronaldo ..

LOL!

You just said he beats the teams above him and I just proved he doesn't. He hasn't beat United in 7 games and infact he has only managed to beat Arsenal and Chelsea 4 times out of 15.

He has also spent more money that United in the last 4 years, so you have had the oppurtunity to buy the best players but only bought one who could be considered world class. That isn't United's fault, Rafa is the one you need to blame.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I would also like to add.

On another forum theres a guy who's very much into his stats.

Not really. Liverpool do not have a strong squad and it is a myth that Benitez rotates his squad more often than Alex Ferguson as last season Alex Ferguson made more changes to his first XI in the EPL than Benitez did with Liverpool.

The only thing Benitez has done which has not helped Liverpool's cause is 'resting' or 'rotating' Fernando Torres, even when he was in very good form earlier in the season.

So it would infact seem that Fergie is the master rotator, Rafa is just a wannabe ;)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Well, Rafa already won the Liga iirc. Ok, in a very weird year from both RM n Barca, but hey, a championship is a championship

Himse

FH is my second home
in europe

liverpool owns all!

Hahahahahahahahahaa.

You seriously need to get your head out of your own ass.

Liverpool were lucky to win the CL when they did.

Liverpool have been let down by Rafa, for the first year or so he was alright because he adopted the same tactics as the ex manager and they were still doing ok.

Now he's brought his own in, you can really see the difference in Liverpools football.

As regard for bringing up Talented players, i'd more look to Arsenal and West Ham as to being the talent spotters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom