~Football~ Champions League

Lethul

FH is my second home
i heard he is going on a loan to an italian club so he can learn to dive better

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Feck me, Utd starting Rooney/Ronaldo on bench tonight..oh and Silvestre starts great - not!

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
i heard he is going on a loan to an italian club so he can learn to dive better

yeah, he's not at the same level as Rooney and Gerrard when it comes to diving :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Feck me, Utd starting Rooney/Ronaldo on bench tonight..oh and Silvestre starts great - not!

As long as he uses Nani and Tevez is isn't all bad, as for Silvestre it is a risk bringing him back for this game but on his day he is very good and experience counts for alot in games like this. Fingers crossed it pays off.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
As long as he uses Nani and Tevez is isn't all bad, as for Silvestre it is a risk bringing him back for this game but on his day he is very good and experience counts for alot in games like this. Fingers crossed it pays off.

No Nani in starting lineup or bench

Man Utd
01 Van der Sar
06 Brown
19 Pique
05 Ferdinand
27 Silvestre
04 Hargreaves
13 Park
16 Carrick
08 Anderson
11 Giggs
32 Tevez

Substitutes
29 Kuszczak, 02 Neville, 07 Ronaldo, 10 Rooney, 18 Scholes, 22 O'Shea, 47 Welbeck

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Kuyt running into the corner on 85 minutes is a fucking shambles.

Thierry Henry used to do it all the time at Arsenal. I hate it because it's such a clever thing to do.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
No Nani, that is a shame. Park is a workhorse but not as creative, that says to me that United will try out muscle and out work Roma.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
Nani and Evra aren't being risked because they are one booking away from suspension, makes sense IF through the 1st leg semi-final is away.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Arsenal were fine until it actually came down to the wire.. Then they bottled it.
I wouldn't say they looked like the better team for the last 60 minutes of the contest which is when it really mattered. They look great when they are in control but horrible when they have to go try and really chase a game. Keep blaming one bad descision tho if it makes you feel better.. Your 2 forwards with their horrific miss and goal line save would be where I would actually consider the game was lost, not the ref's descision tho..

Bait time

Did you miss my comment about having a better striker?

You are off your nut we bossed 25 minutes then you made it back into the game you did not boss it or dictate our play. Then for the rest of the game we played our football and limited you to a few chances you did not dominate for 6 minutes let alone 60. And the 2 bad decisons did settle the game if we had won the first tie who know how it would have gone.

If last nights dive (i have watched it since and babel was falling over befor Toure touched him) was not given we would have gone through the only serious chance except the Crouch shot was Torres goal angin not really showing you dominated 60 minutes.

But im bored you keep telling yourself you deserve to go though diving attackers and 2 dodgey ref choices. I hope fat frank takes a dive infront of the kop and scores the penalty to knock you out next round then lets see how you moan.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
No Nani, that is a shame. Park is a workhorse but not as creative, that says to me that United will try out muscle and out work Roma.

wtf, Park is the 2nd coolest player in the premier league - right after Hleb :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
hmm seems to have changed once again.

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Silvestre, Evra, 0'Shea, Ronaldo, Scholes, Anderson, Nani, Hargreaves, Carrick, Giggs, Park, Rooney, Tevez, Kuszczak, Pique.

I am going to ignore their "predictions" and just wait till kickoff

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
wtf, Park is the 2nd coolest player in the premier league - right after Hleb :)

I love Park, he is one of my favourites, I love the players who always work hard and are brave. That said he isn't as creative as Ronaldo or Nani or Giggs for that matter, what he offers is incredible energy and good pace.

Marc

FH is my second home
Park, Park wherever you may be
You eat dogs in your own country
It could be worse
You could be scouse
Eating rats in your council house

:D

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
has nobody heard the new Britney spears song? the one going:

Ooooh sweet love, you are my superhero
You're strong like a bull, flexible like someone from Hull
You're my one and only, way better than Tony

That song was actually made for Park, and as we all know, Britney is known for her realistic lyrics that are based on pure facts. She doesn't give a fuck about fame and fortune.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Bait time

Did you miss my comment about having a better striker?

So your way of saying good striker is diving tosser. Sorry i'm not familiar with suthern speak. :fluffle:

You are off your nut we bossed 25 minutes then you made it back into the game you did not boss it or dictate our play.

I didn't say we bossed it. For the last 60 minutes the game wasn't bossed by anyone and Liverpool always looked more comfortable with that. When Arsenal arn't bossing games they look very average. When they are bossing them they look untouchable. When the game is 50-50 like it was for the last 60 minutes then i'd say we looked like the more comfortable team, probably because we were more likely to score from a half chance than Arsenal were with Torres and Gerrard. I never said we bossed it in the same way Arsenal did for the first 30 tho.

And the 2 bad decisons did settle the game if we had won the first tie who know how it would have gone.

I'd still say 1 bad descision, and like you say who knows how it would of gone. Even if you had got the penalty there's no guarantee you'd of scored it.. Just need to look at Roma tonight. You failed to convert better chances than a spot kick in both games.

If last nights dive (i have watched it since and babel was falling over befor Toure touched him) was not given we would have gone through

And you know that how? We'd still of had 6 or 7 minutes to score and you wern't that on top of the game at that point, so it's hardly a given.. Likely yes, but certainly not a 100% certainty.

But im bored you keep telling yourself you deserve to go though diving attackers and 2 dodgey ref choices. I hope fat frank takes a dive infront of the kop and scores the penalty to knock you out next round then lets see how you moan.

If we can't recover from 1 bad descision in 120 minutes of football then we deserve to go out. If that's what happens you can pop back here and hear me say it.

Since your so desperate i'll try my hand at this whole bad loser thing you seem to enjoy so much. Want to give us the title you stole in the 1988-89 season when you scored in the 93rd minute from a free kick taken when the ball was moving then? Bad descisions happen in football. We took our chances, you didn't on the night. Go persuade that partially sighted french bloke you have to open his wallet and invest in a couple of players (like someone who can actually finish) and you might win something next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom