Football: Anelka to chelsea

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Going to be interesting to see how le sulk handles the rotation system.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
What rotation?

Pizzaro is shit, Shevchenko is injured and Drogs/Kalou are in Ghana :p

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
What rotation?

Pizzaro is shit, Shevchenko is injured and Drogs/Kalou are in Ghana :p

Ahh sorry didn`t realise he was a gap filler for 4 weeks :p I guess Drogbas off to a big team at the end of the season tho so Anelkas a decent rep.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Anelka is a great buy, United missed trick there as we could have snagged him for £8 million in the summer.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Anelka is a great buy, United missed trick there as we could have snagged him for £8 million in the summer.

I think you`ll be far happier once Berbatov joins you. Does he remind you of Cantona?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I think you`ll be far happier once Berbatov joins you. Does he remind you of Cantona?

I don't see it happening to be honest. First of all United will not pay anywhere close to the money Spurs are looking for, secondly I don't see him as a good fit for either our squad or starting XI. His workrate is pretty poor and that is not the United way, remember that Fergie was irate at Van Nistelrooy only a couple of years for his lack of effort in tracking back and that led to the arguement that saw Rudd leave our club. Now look at it this way, Bebatov doesn't back track full stop and he only turns up when he feels like it, Fergie will never accept that and I can't see Berbatov changing his ways.

No, Anelka was the man for us and at half the price Chelsea paid if we had acted in the summer. Very much a missed oppurtunity.

Oh and for Cantona, the answer is an emphatic NO. Eric worked hard and always fought for the cause, I don't see those qualities in Berbatov.

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Cantona <3

When real men played football, even if he was french :(

Vladamir

FH is my second home
The way i see it; if Drogba leaves in the summer (which is looking quite likely unfortunately) then he'll go for at least what we paid for him (~24m i think) and with that money they can buy a decent replacement.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
The way i see it; if Drogba leaves in the summer (which is looking quite likely unfortunately) then he'll go for at least what we paid for him (~24m i think) and with that money they can buy a decent replacement.

Peter Beardsley?

Marc

FH is my second home
Berbatov is one of the most overated players Ive seen.

hes what id call a luxury player who looks lazy and disenterested when things dont go his way. hes not a patch on Rooney or Tevez.

As for Anelka, great signing and fair play to the lad. His career looked dead and buried after leaving Real madrid, but he got rid of his brothers as his advisors, got his head down and stuck at it.

Lethul

FH is my second home
question is if he will start scoring more now? maybe buy him for me fantasy team x)

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Make a date with this forum for this time next year when i`m asking Chodax how much he now loves Berbatov. The guys class. Cantona wasn`t renowned for his team friendly play at Leeds.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
question is if he will start scoring more now? maybe buy him for me fantasy team x)

Got him in mine already :D Oh and I think he will score 25+ this season, he will get great service at Chelsea. The Arse and United are going to have proper fight on thier hands now.

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Tbh if Chelsea are still close to Utd and Arsenal after the African Nations, I can see them winning the league, if Drogba and Anelka click up front that could be the key to winning the league, as they are solid in defence and midfield when all fit...

Really pissed off Utd aren't buying a striker, if Rooney/Tevez are out for long periods then god forbid, Giggs up front does not fecking work, and Saha is unrealiable...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Tbh if Chelsea are still close to Utd and Arsenal after the African Nations, I can see them winning the league, if Drogba and Anelka click up front that could be the key to winning the league, as they are solid in defence and midfield when all fit...

Really pissed off Utd aren't buying a striker, if Rooney/Tevez are out for long periods then god forbid, Giggs up front does not fecking work, and Saha is unrealiable...

Totally in agreement, I just hope Manucho turns out to be half decent so that we do have some cover for when Saha breaks a fingernail again and has to have 9 months off at £60,000 a week.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
The games we've got in the league between now and the final of the cup (10th jan) are;

Spurs at home
Birmingham away
Reading at home
Portsmouth away
Liverpool at home

So unless it's Ghana vs Ivory coast in the final i dont think we'll be without all our africans for the whole time. Realistically we should win all those games providing theres no more injuries/suspensions coming our way.

Also - the Liverpool game is 2 days before our first leg in the Champs league, so it'll be interested to see what sort of side Rafa puts out on that sunday :p

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Totally in agreement, I just hope Manucho turns out to be half decent so that we do have some cover for when Saha breaks a fingernail again and has to have 9 months off at £60,000 a week.

I think we are having problems getting a work permit for Manucho, so he is off to Greece..

As I speak i'm watching SAF'S press conference on MUTV, and Saha is doutful for tomorrow dear oh dear..

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I think we are having problems getting a work permit for Manucho, so he is off to Greece..

As I speak i'm watching SAF'S press conference on MUTV, and Saha is doutful for tomorrow dear oh dear..

Oh for fucks sake. :( Why did we have to let Rossi go? 12 goals in all competitions so far for Villareal, that is outstanding for a 19 year old playing in a league that is totally new to him.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
He is a malingering cnut and needs to be shown the door. :(

Hargreaves is getting on my tits as well, he has missed more games than he has played so far, he is great when he plays but this is getting ridiculous now as they are saying he could be out for another couple of weeks. Fergie needs to shake the bastards up, there is way too much complacency about the squad at the moment.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Got him in mine already :D Oh and I think he will score 25+ this season, he will get great service at Chelsea. The Arse and United are going to have proper fight on thier hands now.

ye, but id have to replace either Adebayor or Tevez to afford him. And i dunno about that :)

(plus i dont like having chelsea players in my squad :p )

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
He is a malingering cnut and needs to be shown the door. :(

Hargreaves is getting on my tits as well, he has missed more games than he has played so far, he is great when he plays but this is getting ridiculous now as they are saying he could be out for another couple of weeks. Fergie needs to shake the bastards up, there is way too much complacency about the squad at the moment.

Looking like money down the drain so far :(

Pissed off with brown not signing his contract, not sure what you have heard, but I was told he isn't happy because he wants the same money as Evra and Vidic..

Carrick has been totally crap this season, thinking he may have got pissed off with us signing Anderson and Hargreaves...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
ye, but id have to replace either Adebayor or Tevez to afford him. And i dunno about that :)

(plus i dont like having chelsea players in my squad :p )

All three are world class players but I would bet on Anelka to break 25 goals this season where Tevez will just about break 20. Anelka's extra experience of the Premier League and maturity will give him the edge for this season at least. Adebayor is getting some fantastic supply and is developing into the complete centre forward, I can see him ending up topscorer with Ronaldo maybe a couple of goals behind.

For fantasy league you want points and I think Anelka will more than make up the 8 point transfer deduction over the next 5 months.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Looking like money down the drain so far :(

Pissed off with brown not signing his contract, not sure what you have heard, but I was told he isn't happy because he wants the same money as Evra and Vidic..

Carrick has been totally crap this season, thinking he may have got pissed off with us signing Anderson and Hargreaves...

I have been to 4 home games this season, both Carrick and Hargreaves started 2 each of those. Hargreaves was light years ahead of Carrick, his workrate is phenomenal, he can tackle and his runs forward scare the opposition midfield to death. Carrick on the otherhand can pass, that is just about it. He does brilliantly in games where the oppostion back off because we are scared of them and it gives him the time to get his passing game going where he looks world class. The problem is that in a battle he often goes missing and his workrate is a long long way from being world class, frankly half the north stand at Old Trafford think he is a boneidle bastard at times.

Anderson on the otherhand is turning out to be the complete midfielder, he can pass and tackle, is brave in the challenge and makes some devasting runs forward as well as constantly chasing down the oppostition to win the ball. I never thought I would say this but Anderson is United best central midfielder right now and if he carries on like this he is going to be an Old Trafford legend 5-6 down the line.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I have been to 4 home games this season, both Carrick and Hargreaves started 2 each of those. Hargreaves was light years ahead of Carrick, his workrate is phenomenal, he can tackle and his runs forward scare the opposition midfield to death. Carrick on the otherhand can pass, that is just about it. He does brilliantly in games where the oppostion back off because we are scared of them and it gives him the time to get his passing game going where he looks world class. The problem is that in a battle he often goes missing and his workrate is a long long way from being world class, frankly half the north stand at Old Trafford think he is a boneidle bastard at times.

Anderson on the otherhand is turning out to be the complete midfielder, he can pass and tackle, is brave in the challenge and makes some devasting runs forward as well as constantly chasing down the oppostition to win the ball. I never thought I would say this but Anderson is United best central midfielder right now and if he carries on like this he is going to be an Old Trafford legend 5-6 down the line.

Weird this thing with Anderson, he was always used as offensive midfielder, striker and wing and was brilliant with his technical ability, yet now he's shown he's a brilliant midfielder too. Pretty big talent :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
Chel$ki have started Anelka on the bench i hope not too many people moved him to the dream team :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Well funnily enough he hasn't trained with the team yet so is it any wonder? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom