Football: Anelka to chelsea

soze

I am a FH squatter
nope :) its just a cuple of people in work moved him to the dream team because at Chel$ki he will score, should have waited till he got a start :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
He's on now, will be nice to see how he does. Already had a shot but a good save :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Oh for fucks sake. :( Why did we have to let Rossi go? 12 goals in all competitions so far for Villareal, that is outstanding for a 19 year old playing in a league that is totally new to him.

Tell me about it. Said right away it was a bad move but it what the lad wanted.

The talk from fergi and rossi is that there a "clause" that will allow them to get him back. What sort of clause has never been stated. Hopefully it a plain buyback clause where we can get him for say 20million tops. But I think it more likely a kind of first option, where if they going to sell then they Utd get first pick or that if they match an offer accepted then theirs have to be accepted and rossi speaks to them first.

Mind you villareal deny that any clause exist so it could get... interesting... if he keeps up the way he is playing.

On football manager I got him back as soon as I could and if he performed half as well in RL as he does for me in that then we would be in for a treat :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Corran i was speaking to Cockdax some time ago and iirc he mentioned it was a first refusal clause.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Corran i was speaking to Cockdax some time ago and iirc he mentioned it was a first refusal clause.

That is the common theory and most likely one aye.... but it has never actually been stated exactly what the clause is, just there is a clause... spent some time trying to find a reliable article or direct quote from ferg but never managed to find one :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
im glad i have Tevez and Adebayor now :) And im glad Ronaldo is my captain since all the other players sucked! Lets hope James saves 5 penalty shots and dont allow any goals tomoz! :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
im glad i have Tevez and Adebayor now :) And im glad Ronaldo is my captain since all the other players sucked! Lets hope James saves 5 penalty shots and dont allow any goals tomoz! :)

heh,

I was hoping that anelka would done well. had him in my team for most the season but he let me down yesterday.
Even though I am up in about 7th it is still embarrasing due to the other half being in 3rd and rapidly closing in on the lead it seems. Everybody needs to be embarrased. The way to win is to pick people you fancy, like the look of, know the name, or just like the name.. in that order! apparently that gets you a good team :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
heh,

I was hoping that anelka would done well. had him in my team for most the season but he let me down yesterday.
Even though I am up in about 7th it is still embarrasing due to the other half being in 3rd and rapidly closing in on the lead it seems. Everybody needs to be embarrased. The way to win is to pick people you fancy, like the look of, know the name, or just like the name.. in that order! apparently that gets you a good team :(

im sad i missed the two first gameweeks. but im happy with my team now. players i like etc. i had drogba for a while but man i really dont like that guy so traded him away after a week or so eventho he scored :p

id really like to have gerrard in my team aswell as fourth midfielder but then i need alot of dineros i dont have :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
My worst fears have happened. :( Saha is injured and the local media is reporting he won't be back till March at the earliest with the national media saying he won't even be back this season. Fucking disaster.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
My worst fears have happened. :( Saha is injured and the local media is reporting he won't be back till March at the earliest with the national media saying he won't even be back this season. Fucking disaster.

woah - your worst fear? atleast he got injured while the transfer window is open.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
woah - your worst fear? atleast he got injured while the transfer window is open.

We missed out on the best player to replace him though in Anelka and allowed him to go to our strongest rivals. Chelsea just became second favourites to win the league in my eyes, they may well have found the missing link to get them into a Champions League final as well.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
doesn't man utd have some young chinese striker?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
doesn't man utd have some young chinese striker?

Dong. Utterly useless bud, can't even score regularly for the reserves.

The Angolan guy we recently bought Manucho can't play until we get his work permit sorted and the Africian Nations tornament is finished. That leaves us with 2 recognised strikers and iirc we are due to lose Tevez for 10 days when he goes on international duty in a few weeks. That just leaves us thread bare upfront so we will be playing people out of postition again, we should have learnt by now that you cannot win the Champions League without 4 recognised strikers and buying an untried Angolan doesn't count in my opinion.

Lethul

FH is my second home

uff, and my 3 portsmouth players doenst seem to be dominating :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Dong. Utterly useless bud, can't even score regularly for the reserves.

The Angolan guy we recently bought Manucho can't play until we get his work permit sorted and the Africian Nations tornament is finished. That leaves us with 2 recognised strikers and iirc we are due to lose Tevez for 10 days when he goes on international duty in a few weeks. That just leaves us thread bare upfront so we will be playing people out of postition again, we should have learnt by now that you cannot win the Champions League without 4 recognised strikers and buying an untried Angolan doesn't count in my opinion.

Elmander!

Larsson just said he wanna play one more season aswell! :)

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Well with Ronaldo scoring like he is, we won't buy anyone, and also SAF likes Giggs up front..

If Saha is still in a Utd shirt next season I will be very surprised..

Larsson has signed a 1 year contract with Helsingborg.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
man utd should buy Jones from Sunderland tbh. He's been quite good everytime I've seen him, and he's tall.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Has drawn a few comparisons to Drogba IIRC - old fashioned target man but has great control & pace when i've seen him.

I think he'll have a few offers on the table at the end of the season - definately needs a better club to really nuture his talent.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Jones is not good enough for a top team..

as a 3rd or 4th striker? he's definately a good player, and still young. Drogba wasn't exactly "the shit" at his first year in Chelsea either ;)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Give him the right coach (i.e someone like Wenger) and he could turn him into a very good player.

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
as a 3rd or 4th striker? he's definately a good player, and still young. Drogba wasn't exactly "the shit" at his first year in Chelsea either ;)

Just my opinion, and I can't see him being happy with going from 1st choice stiker, to 3rd or 4th sitting on the bench.

As for Drogba saw him play for Marseille a lot before he moved to Chelsea, he was class then. Many players have been crap in first year in the EPL.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Just my opinion, and I can't see him being happy with going from 1st choice stiker, to 3rd or 4th sitting on the bench.

As for Drogba saw him play for Marseille a lot before he moved to Chelsea, he was class then. Many players have been crap in first year in the EPL.

1) It's amazing what money can do to some people

2) Lots of players are good before they're coming to england, but the majority of them doesn't get a second chance if they've been shit for a year.

Corran

Part of the furniture
1) It's amazing what money can do to some people

2) Lots of players are good before they're coming to england, but the majority of them doesn't get a second chance if they've been shit for a year.

Drogba was basically forced to come to England by Marseille... is it a surprise he had a shit first season?

Probably at the moment I would like Santa Cruz above Jones ... but we certainly need someone that be happy at 3rd choice.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Drogba was basically forced to come to England by Marseille... is it a surprise he had a shit first season?

that's not my point - It was just another way of saying, that some players can develope alot under the right circumstances ;)

Corran

Part of the furniture
that's not my point - It was just another way of saying, that some players can develope alot under the right circumstances ;)

Aye but he didnt need to develop, he was a class act anyways before coming. Had a bad season because his mind wasnt on th job, then he just returned to what he previously was.

Seems a trend though for class strikers to turn shite at Chelsea... just look at shevchenko :p

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Aye but he didnt need to develop, he was a class act anyways before coming. Had a bad season because his mind wasnt on th job, then he just returned to what he previously was.

Seems a trend though for class strikers to turn shite at Chelsea... just look at shevchenko :p

that's what he said, however he renewed his contract later on. Doesn't this seem a little... weird?

you have to keep in mind, that PL is on a higher level than the french league. The players will find every excuse needed, if they haven't had a good season. Some players finds it harder to take the step than others, although they do obviously have the skill that's required.

geez, where are we going with all this? :D im getting hungry. I've got no idea about what to make for dinner though :(

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I wish Man Utd bought Anelka when they had the chance because at the mo Man Utd are a 2 man team. If it wasn't for Ronaldo and Tevez they would be struggling to win games.

I dont know if Anelka would fit in at Chelsea and I hope he doesn't go back to how he was if the Cheslea manager keeps him on the bench because he is a damn good player imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom