Focus pullers guide to ToA

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Guess mobs which don't have an engage radius (aka they can follow you anywhere) will still work, but ones with borders they never pass will only work inside those borders. Like malice for example.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
a lot of them do still work and are constantly being farmed on the US servers, Cyrek being the only exception since he will no longer leave the canyon no matter what you do.

or..

you could do this

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
Because you're greedy and now can't focus the encounters anylonger and still sell for quite a profit? Not really my problem, altho I'm sure the masses enjoys this since they can take advantage of it.
Nice of you to acuse me of doing such things.
When the fact really is that I can not even run more than one ToA client at the time(something that really make it a pain to exp surten artifacts), nor do I have a Summ SM, or fopbot to do it with.
And so far I've sold 3 kinda artifacts, and 2 of them I got because I farmed the mob for a rare drop, and the third was a one time insident and I regreat doing it since I now need the artifact again.
Just because you like doing it, doesn't mean I do. I still hate Aussie for telling about Cyrek, since I still need the belt and have gotten people to do it the real way to many times and not found it up.

-Inwe-

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Summoner said:
Just because you like doing it, doesn't mean I do. I still hate Aussie for telling about Cyrek, since I still need the belt and have gotten people to do it the real way to many times and not found it up.

-Inwe-

The "real" way is to pull him outside, train adds to Haven and then gank him? Ahh, right... That's why they (tried to) fixed that from next patch, so do me a favour and save me from your so-called innocent claims.

Summoner said:
Nice of you to acuse me of doing such things.
When the fact really is that I can not even run more than one ToA client at the time(something that really make it a pain to exp surten artifacts), nor do I have a Summ SM, or fopbot to do it with.

Kobold Stormur Herra Lifeful shaman ML10 perf - teh ring wearer

I guess that's a mend/cave shaman then, and hence has no place in a focus team... Right?

However to be honest, I hardly care how it affects you that this was released, it may not benefit you as you can just get together 1-2 fg's and steamroll encounters other people are doing, on the contrary tho, it does benefit quite alot of other people and not just aprox. 4-6 persons that were farming it all themself.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Shrye said:
I guess that's a mend/cave shaman then, and hence has no place in a focus team... Right?

Afaik, Bouhh the shammy is not Inwe the shammy ;-)

but wtf Inwe, have you kidnapped Bouhh? Oo

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
I dont like the fact that the guide went public. But still it's the choice of its author so it's nothing others can do.

There were a few sms who were camping TG in the beginning, so a public raid still had a chance to find both named skellies, Counciles alive and so on. Later on when the tactix were published we've not met a single time Iso, Forms, Counciles or certain Icelords up on our regular 2-4FGs raids.

That's rvr speced shaman, so Inwe is.
And i didnt get why does the shaman need a spot in a focus pull team...

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Summoner said:
And i didnt get why does the shaman need a spot in a focus pull team...

it really does not since SM can give pet specs itself.. I'm guessing giving it a stardrop when casting the buffs will help too.. just have to remember and recast it before 20 mins is up :)

when (really) bored I took Chan and Kiran several times without a shammy, just fop-healer.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Well

Well call it what u want but as long as man kind has lived, it has been seeking smarter ways to do things, the same happens here.
I know it ofc affects alot and i know i for 1 is guilty in several charges regarding focus past or presant, but the way i see it nothing to do about it. I dont think publicing this was the smartest but he did it out of 2 purposes i think, 1: its close to fop nerf he wont loose that much (will be somewhat harder after) 2: to give more than the regular 10 a chance to do it.

And Tg hmm where is that.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
ML2.10 - Runihure; Standing in the doorway on the south side, almost close enough to get aggro from the snakes outside the temple, you can focus him outside his engage radius, very easy.
I have now killed runihura 5-6times with focus, but every single time he only drop 1 cauldron, 1 remains, 2 keys and i dont get any credit or mlxp, am i doing something wrong?

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
fotm said:
I have now killed runihura 5-6times with focus, but every single time he only drop 1 cauldron, 1 remains, 2 keys and i dont get any credit or mlxp, am i doing something wrong?

He got sucky droprate.
Dont think you get any credit when pet does the final blow ^^

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
But is it really that bad? :p

Nothing but the drops i listed has dropped so far, as a .10 mob he atleast should drop some rog´s other then the 2 i get from keys

Sofus

Fledgling Freddie
I'm a little curious have you done GS yourself as you describe it here ? If so please share some more info on how to :)

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Nope, its either 2 keys, or 1 key 1 drop... At least I think it went that way when I killed him a couple of times, I've had it plenty of times that it only dropped keys aswell...

You should get credit, if you can actually get credit (e.g. have done 2.1 -> 2.9 and not 2.10)... You will only get mlxp if someone's in your group that hasnt done 2.10 but has done 2.1 -> 2.9...

The whole 'pet got last hit in' is an urban myth... I've had plenty of credit on arti's / trials where the pet got last hit in... Sometimes it goes wrong, but then its more due to a fluke then anything else...

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
You should get credit, if you can actually get credit (e.g. have done 2.1 -> 2.9 and not 2.10)... You will only get mlxp if someone's in your group that hasnt done 2.10 but has done 2.1 -> 2.9...
Ah stupid me, was looking at it as a arti mob who always gives mlxp

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
Sofus said:
I'm a little curious have you done GS yourself as you describe it here ? If so please share some more info on how to :)

prolly bs, he havnt done it himself prolly read it on VN boards :p and with fop nerf now i dont think its possible anyway :p

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Sofus said:

if by gs you mean grand summoner, I have done him(technically atleast) @ some time after SI release. 1sm, 1 shammy, 1 healer LOTS of powerpots and (just not enough) patience. Took us like 2 hours to get him to 70% after first heal(which is like 80% hp of his 150%) then we saw how slow it went and just gave up.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Arnor said:
if by gs you mean grand summoner, I have done him(technically atleast) @ some time after SI release. 1sm, 1 shammy, 1 healer LOTS of powerpots and (just not enough) patience. Took us like 2 hours to get him to 70% after first heal(which is like 80% hp of his 150%) then we saw how slow it went and just gave up.
Think he meant Golden Spear, not sure though.

And yes, he did atleast try to do the Golden Spear, over and over and over and over again.

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
Im sure i read somewhere that some encounter mobs follow range was decreased, and after a while they stopped following no matter what.

If so, what encounters are still viable with the methods stated in the originial post/or similar small group/focus pull methods?

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
err lol

I find this amazing, how can you call others greedy when you have been farming and selling this stuff totally overpriced for months, in some sort of insane crusade to stack all this e-profit. You making this public cause a) fop nerf b) you have farmed your ass to oblivion and cba anymore, or you have plats coming outa ur ears..

seriously tho, its cool that ppl with 'limited' resources gets now access to this tactics, but dont play saint or something cause you are certainly among the worst greedy fucks in this server.

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
I know the last posts a week old but anyway; who you directing these comments at lofff? cause i looked through the posts and it doesn't jump out at me who your directing these to.

lofff said:
err lol

I find this amazing, how can you call others greedy when you have been farming and selling this stuff totally overpriced for months, in some sort of insane crusade to stack all this e-profit. You making this public cause a) fop nerf b) you have farmed your ass to oblivion and cba anymore, or you have plats coming outa ur ears..

seriously tho, its cool that ppl with 'limited' resources gets now access to this tactics, but dont play saint or something cause you are certainly among the worst greedy fucks in this server.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Can focuspull without fop as well, just need to blast powerpots.

Was always possible ;p

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Lothandar said:
Can focuspull without fop as well, just need to blast powerpots.

Was always possible ;p

dont need to use that either :p

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
Kirill said:
Only ppl who will get advantage of this is PvE addict farmers, who have summ SM, BB and time/wish to non stop farming rare drops to sell it for pp or $$ on ebay
All rest players will just be meet more problems in doing his arts for RvR SC.
I know how it was in TG, some thing looks very simple and obviously, when u 'know-how', but huge amount of players just cba to explore forums/try it himself. When 'guides' like that going public all that lazys capmters rushing to camp 24/7

FFS a month ago Aussi (Let devil harm his fingers >.<) posted there a tactic to farm Cyrek ( which was not secret for many pure campers) - not what - Cyrek is camped same as danos/eramai on mid/exc

or just do it BC way and steal it ? Isnt it a best and easiest option ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom