Focus pullers guide to ToA

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
For those of you unknown to how good focus pulling currently is in ToA, I'll be listing the encounters that you can do, and how to do them. The list will start with listing artifacts, then masterlevels. I won't bother listing the really obvious ones, nor the ones that I know I can't do for sure. Most of the encounters are easily done with 2 accounts.

Alvarus' Leggings, Octopussy version(2); Rather simple, just pull the octopussy to shore on the nearby island. It casts a low damage DoT (around 4-5 damage per tick or so).

Arms of the Winds; (4 keys for high quality ROGs) Set up fop on the Fool's Bow side of the Island, down below the water as the Raging Tornado can't dive. Buff up your pet below the water, passive+stay and go up to pull the tornado out. It'll nuke you for ~1200 damage once a while, however you just heal up (immediately) with the shaman. Make sure you spread out in the fop down below, as the 1200 dmg dd is an AE. It drops very fast, takes less than 10 minutes, including buffing and all.

(best item I got from this encounter so far, had 14 piety cap increase - and 1 good ROG from each time I did it).

Atlantis Tablet; You need an extra char for this one (healer), possibly two if you want to play it safe. Get inside with sm+bbot and get the artifact mob to pop (if you get a guardian, it'll depop if it kills something, so just suicide your sm on them and ress with the shaman).

Roughly half-way between the chest spawn point and the doorway out is where the focusing should take place. Titan your way out and pull/position your pet, the rest is easy.

1x summ sm, 1x buffbot, 1x healer

*Bracelet of Zo'arkat; You need 4 characters to focus it, as there's a time limit on how long you can take. Start the encounter and pull the mobs up to the center island in Mesothalasas, try focus the nukes first, so that you can move closer to the shore and focus more than 1 mob at a time (2 mobs is the limit you can hold with bbot+sm on the later levels and it's advisable to only take 1 as they seem to bug up).

Be very close to the water when fighting the boss, to try eliminate him bugging up the encounter.

2x summ sm, 2x buffbots

Braggarts Bow; Use the spirit champion pet, make sure to give it dmg add and melee haste too. Position the buffbot on the hill, just out of range to get shot by Karise, and then move down with the sm and set your pet to attack the nearest control link (move back and forth with sm, as this is the one you heal the pet with and don't use dmg shields till the first link is dead - heal sm with buffbot when needed). When the first link is dead, move down into ~1500 range of Karise and do a normal focus pull on him, you won't get aggro (rest healing is needed from the sm).

Ceremonial Bracer; Pulling the Skyros Dreadnought to shore unfortunately doesn't work, as it depops on 50% hp. Wether it works with the two others, I can't tell.

Cloudsong; Pull Eramai into the water and focus him from down below the surface. A very easy encouner.

Crocodile's Tear Ring; Cyrene will be at the 'surface' in the water, just focus him from the bottom of the ocean and he+his adds ain't really a problem.

Crocodile's Tooth Dagger; Itet is fairly easily pulled from down below the surface, make sure to dive ~700 units due to pbaoe damage. Try to spread out also, to prevent both sm+bbot gets ae stunned from the same time (rest healing is necessary).

Crown of Zahur; Pull the mobs up on the nearest island (the one where meritious scepter is located on) and have your pet die. Hurry up and recast/rebuff a new one down below and intercept Zahur and co. when they return into the water. Kill his 3 adds first and eventually Zahur will teleport back to above his magical rock - he'll still be at the surface, so do the standard trick to take him down.

Egg of Youth; No credit/artifact, only regular drops. Pull Sililia down into the water and so on and so forth.

Eirene's Hauberk; Never tried it, I figure it's possibly however.

Eternal Plant; Same as above.

*Golden Spear; The trick is to get all 3 dao's pulled at the same time, then focus them from the bottom of their lake (croc aggro down there), requiring at least 1 extra healer and possibly a tank to handle repops of the crocodiles.

*Guard of Valor[; Pull Danos and adds towards the Braggarts Bow encounter, they'll eventually hit a 'wall' and can't chase you any further. From there, it's simple to just focus Danos and leave the 3 adds alone.

1x sm 1x buffbot 1x puller

Healer's Embrace Cloak; Pull them to the river, so forth and so on.

Jacina's Sash; You need to gtaoe pull Cyrek outside (if you don't know where you should stand to gt him, then enter a boat and zoom out to the furthest, then you can see over the top of his fortress). I prefer using a level 20 rm for it. It's important that the (ungrouped)puller dies to one of the cyclops in Cyrek's group, or he won't come outside (Cyrek will go to the spot where the puller died). Saying that, as you'll also pull a Basileus' group.

When he's outside, and if you got problems with the Basileus group, simply interact with Cyrek like you wanted to start a dialogue with him, all the adds will return inside the fort and you can keep on pulling him.

You need to pull him down to the ocean, have buffed pet + fop below the surface (fop approx. 2k range down, figure out yourself how far you can get down while still healing the pet at the top of the oceans). Have shaman+sm ungrouped, shaman should pull "through" the fop while remain surfaced, so the sm can pick off an Eranos with the pet.

Get down into the fop with the spiritmaster, passive+follow (DONT HEAL! or you'll reset pet aggro), put up damage shield and set pet on defensive - it should now surface again, back up to the cyclop eranos.

Eventually, the 2nd eranos will heal the first one, thereby aggroing the pet as it hasn't recieved a specific target and you can then kill the healers and procceed directly to Cyrek (whatever you do, be very careful with the skotos, they bolt for up to 1200 damage).

Malice's Axe; Set up Fill your inventory with poison (merchant bought lvl 1 poison ie.), then keep clicking tokens for approx. 1 minute. Then, stack the poisons in 2 of your bags (for a total of *15* open slots), then pick up the tokens and run to the (disciple) chest and deposit them. Don't run outside, but stay inside and "throw" them over the wall ;) ... to save time. I can do up to 4-5 runs per clicking, for a total of up to 75 tokens, it's a real time saver instead of having to run one token at a time.

Phoebus' Harp; Only two of the three bosses is possibly (skyros and naxos, melos is impossibly to focus - I can't remember the names of the bosses). The Skyros boss, simply pull it to the nearest island (straight north into oceanus boreal) and focus it from there. The naxos boss is more difficult, as you need to get ~2000 range between the boss and yourself, as she has a nasty 1200+ damage insta lifetap.

Ring of Dances; Position the shaman about halfway from the listed /loc on VOS and the water, /dig with the sm and pull it into the water.

Scepter of Meritious; He's got an engage radius and can't leave his circle, just take advantage of this and he's quite easy (can also be done with dark sm instead, which is alot easier considering the amount of sobekites needed to kill first).

Scorpion's Tail Ring; Pull to the river and...

Spear of Kings; Stand on the north side of the temple, set up fop about 500 units away from the door. Attack Olmagion with your pet, after which he'll run to his door trap and close them. Now, heal the pet with your sm a couple of times, run up right next to the door and /face Olmagion (don't drop him as your target, ever). He'll now aggro the sm and run outside the temple, be careful as he'll both nuke your sm, but also close to 1-hit it if you don't move away from the door spot in time (he'll run out of the temple from either the door to the east or west, however he stays close to the temple wall).

Tartaros Gift; You need to take a look around and find out where the priests are standing. Those who's standing inside a circle of fire, will summon salamanders (don't aggro those). Those who's outside won't react at all. If there's sebian aggro near (around 1500-2000 range), clear it out first as Akil will call for help. I prefer bodypulling Akil away from his platform, and heal it with my shaman, while pet rushes in to defend you. Then just focus him, as he got an engage radius and doesn't insta lifetap as long as he's in melee.

Masterlevels

ML1.6 - Kirklais; easily focused as he got an engage radius, however you'll probably want a belt of negation from 1.1 while you do this.
ML1.9 - Desmona Harpy; She got an engage radius, just try find a spot where you won't aggro anymore harpies while you're focusing (remember to get a token).
*ML1.10 - Cetus; He has an engage radius and I believe he doesn't insta dd/lifetap which he ain't actively fighting.

ML2.10 - Runihure; Standing in the doorway on the south side, almost close enough to get aggro from the snakes outside the temple, you can focus him outside his engage radius, very easy.

ML3.1 - Moirai; Never focused it personally, however I know several people who has.
ML3.7 - Shraogh; Pull him to the Desmona Island, having a token to see the harpies makes it alot easier. He hits HARD!
ML3.9 - Sinova; Supposedly got an engage radius as well, however never bothered farming this one as he only drops shite stuff.

ML4 - Never done any of these, however I expect some of the BG steps is possibly to focus.

ML5 - Never done any of these, however I suspect the group step named bosses for having an engage radius.

ML6.2 - Anathemic Salamander; Pull it to Oceanus Anatole and focus from ~2k range down into the water. When he stops hitting your pet (tends to happen from 0-3 times each time doing the encounter), hurry and make a new pet and stick it onto him (releasing your first pet), which resets his aggro and he won't run off then.
ML6.4 - Pallida-Uraei; Engage radius, nukes very hard after it's split into 3 (try not to have more than 2 on your pet at a time), you'll have to backup heal with the sm fairly often.

ML7 - Unfortunately none of them are possibly to focus.

ML8.3 - Ibn; Pull him into the water, be vary of his mezzing and dd'ing.
ML8.10 - Talos; If you can get together the parts, he should easily be focused.

ML9.8 - Chan, Kiran and Roshan; These three mobs are fixed on their spawn.

CT = Crystal Titan
* = theoretical, never got around to test if the specific description works (however I have spent hours on testing other alternatives)

There's a few encounters which I didn't figure completely out on my own, but recieved tricks from other people to make them easier (ie. the Malice inventory poison and how to pull Cyrek out of the fort), however I certainly had alot of fun finding out how to do many of these encounters, while some drove me (even more crazy) ;p ... hopefully the sanity of those who finds this useful, will be spared now^^

Enjoy.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Nice post mate, I could add

Battler

theres a "safty peremiter" on battler island where he cant attack you, if he crosses it thou he will will just run back and be immune to any damage. Trick is to pull with pet ½ way and then put it on stay, put yourself behind the "barrier"(which is easy to spot as he turns there, every time), with a fop (druid in my case) and just heal pet away, aslong as pet is on his the other side of the barrier, battler wont aggro.

Cyclops Shield

Kertom is a fixed mob, so u cant focus pretty close to him, to handle the statue guards just kite thru with SM and suicide, then run in with healer and res and run on other side to the top "island" and focus from there.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
good guide, but those arti encounters will never ever be up again.. its like SoM and silly sojourner now :)

The alvarus leggings octopus is harder than you make out since when you pull the Thieving Octopus all the blue con octopie in the area aggro YOU, which is upto 7-8.. ive had 15 before... best way is to send pet to octopus unbuffed to engage it then sprint for shore, when your pet dies the mob will then come for you.. giving you plenty of time to rebuff a new pet and kill from land... ive done it that way 12 times now and hasnt let me down.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
The alvarus leggings octopus is harder than you make out since when you pull the Thieving Octopus all the blue con octopie in the area aggro YOU, which is upto 7-8.. ive had 15 before... best way is to send pet to octopus unbuffed to engage it then sprint for shore, when your pet dies the mob will then come for you.. giving you plenty of time to rebuff a new pet and kill from land... ive done it that way 12 times now and hasnt let me down.

If it's hard pressing sprint, I guess you're right.

Shrye said:
If it's hard pressing sprint, I guess you're right.

ofc if youve manages to outsprint the ones behind you id be suprised... since they spawn behind the rocks between you and the coast... so your gonna get hit.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Really the last guide I wanted to go public. (Just think back to TG days when the summ sm tactic went public there.)
Atleast NF will make it harder since FoP will not work.

-Inwe-

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Summoner said:
Really the last guide I wanted to go public. (Just think back to TG days when the summ sm tactic went public there.)

-Inwe-

Because you're greedy and now can't focus the encounters anylonger and still sell for quite a profit? Not really my problem, altho I'm sure the masses enjoys this since they can take advantage of it.

Kirill

Fledgling Freddie
Only ppl who will get advantage of this is PvE addict farmers, who have summ SM, BB and time/wish to non stop farming rare drops to sell it for pp or $$ on ebay
All rest players will just be meet more problems in doing his arts for RvR SC.
I know how it was in TG, some thing looks very simple and obviously, when u 'know-how', but huge amount of players just cba to explore forums/try it himself. When 'guides' like that going public all that lazys capmters rushing to camp 24/7

FFS a month ago Aussi (Let devil harm his fingers >.<) posted there a tactic to farm Cyrek ( which was not secret for many pure campers) - not what - Cyrek is camped same as danos/eramai on mid/exc

Akyma

Fledgling Freddie
nice guide m8
but why u do it hard? bbs, fop, lal i dont use anything of it and done half of u list alone ;p
no fop btw :eek:

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Kirill said:
FFS a month ago Aussi (Let devil harm his fingers >.<) posted there a tactic to farm Cyrek ( which was not secret for many pure campers) - not what - Cyrek is camped same as danos/eramai on mid/exc

So? I've sold that particular belt for up to 50p, go check ME prices now (and as most knows, ME prices tends to be higher than Aegir /broad or FH prices).

Better supply = less demand = lower cost

Akyma said:
nice guide m8
but why u do it hard? bbs, fop, lal i dont use anything of it and done half of u list alone ;p

"k", wrong thread, it ain't here I'm dealing out medals... Try at the SoM encounter?

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Akyma said:
nice guide m8
Well you should have a medal for being the biggest moron ever. Keep up the good work.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
aint that exploiting btw? to pull to the shore line, works with most encounters tho ;p

lol this makes me laugh.. someone shares info on how to get the most out of your time online and the greedy fuckers who farm to sell on ebay and cm's crawl out of the woodwork to flame.. grow up you sad fekkers.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
aint that exploiting btw? to pull to the shore line, works with most encounters tho ;p

no more exploiting than porting away with SoM is it? and thats allowed.

and I dont think its a bug that the mobs have limited movement, that is set on purpose by Mythic. Long ago did players find a way to use this to their advantage (anyone remember Icelord Agmundur and the way down right next to him?).

Share the fun!

Ixu

Loyal Freddie
Summoner said:

-Inwe-

I agree with u. This was really last guide what i wanted to release.. Not becouse i wanna be greedy.. but sigh. :(

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Better supply = less demand = lower cost
Actually on excal
Same people get items = more demand = higher prices
lol this makes me laugh.. someone shares info on how to get the most out of your time online and the greedy fuckers who farm to sell on ebay and cm's crawl out of the woodwork to flame.. grow up you sad fekkers.
Open youre eyes

As was stated earlier before the post by Aussie, cyrek was almost never camped, people came with fg or so to kill it.
Now every person with a summ sm and a bb has an alt parked there waiting for it to pop, 50plat a belt on cm's.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Of course there are still mobs out there not on this list that are not that obvious(sp?) :)

Hi Kod!

I think it was you fomsies that showed tda how to do agmundur that way :) /hug

Chronictank said:
Open youre eyes

As was stated earlier before the post by Aussie, cyrek was almost never camped, people came with fg or so to kill it.
Now every person with a summ sm and a bb has an alt parked there waiting for it to pop, 50plat a belt on cm's.

actually that has nothing to do with the price, prices are dictated by quantity and stupidity... if someone is stupid enuff to pay 50p let them go ahead, but usually when your arty has been on your CM for a few weeks its best to start lowering your price bit by bit till you find a level that people will pay... and then sustain that price... asking 50p for a belt is almost as ludicrous as paying it.

Nott

Fledgling Freddie
Hey! Maybe we should dig our focusteam out from the ice of TG now. They've been frozen down for far to long. Ancient Reign focus team must rejoice.

Nah, just kidding....but look on the bright side, this should lower the prices, unless these mobs are camped anyway and the number of items on the server will stay the same.... what do I know.... I don't know ToA.

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sorry but I think the people selling 2-3 Jacina's Sash's on their CM for 20-30p each, are now saying 'they dont want such a guide'... I'm pretty sure thats greed talking... If this results in them all going for less then 10p (any of these arti's)... Then I think the general public has an advantage with this guide... I very much doubt there are enough greedy focus pullers to pull all of the listed artifacts... And even then, if the result is selling them for 10p or less...

tbh the only people who had a problem with the TG focus teams where the raid leaders whos raids they fukked up... other than that i dont recall anyone complaining about the cheaper drops and stones they were selling... if theyd agreed not to focus on a raid day theyd be popular and VERY rich people, i for one would welcome them back full time to TG focus pulling, although i dont think it would be as easy as before since the fds dmg nerf.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
[NO]Magmatic said:
I'm sorry but I think the people selling 2-3 Jacina's Sash's on their CM for 20-30p each, are now saying 'they dont want such a guide'... I'm pretty sure thats greed talking... If this results in them all going for less then 10p (any of these arti's)... Then I think the general public has an advantage with this guide... I very much doubt there are enough greedy focus pullers to pull all of the listed artifacts... And even then, if the result is selling them for 10p or less...
Agreed; as long as they invite people in for credit that need it as well.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Very nice guide!

I didn't know that you actually could focus pull any encounters (<--n00b) .. the only problem is that more people will camp the artifacts to sell them.
Which will prevent regular groups to do the encounters.

But as someone said, perhaps the prices will drop and that is needed on mid/exc tbh.

But personally I can't be arsed to respec my SM to summ even though I have a respec stone and a BB with FoP :)

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Afraid this won't work in NF though, since if you are out of the monsters engage radius your pet won't do squat either. Nice guide anyway :)

Lothandar said:
Afraid this won't work in NF though, since if you are out of the monsters engage radius your pet won't do squat either. Nice guide anyway :)

a lot of them do still work and are constantly being farmed on the US servers, Cyrek being the only exception since he will no longer leave the canyon no matter what you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom