Flying

Are you scared of flying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kivik

Part of the furniture
No not afraid of it really, guess I'm really used to it even at an age of 16.

What I hate on planes is the wank food and that there is literally nothing to do for like 2 to 16h, trying to sleep is annoying with the constant noise from the engines.

Last Sunday it was storming in big parts of Sweden, at the same time I was flying in a plane from Paris, just as we reached the coast we started flying really low and the plane started to turbulence some. Just as we landed it felt like the pilot didn't have full control, but it all went smooth.

And as someone mentioned take-offs and landings are the best! :D

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
kivik said:
And as someone mentioned take-offs and landings are the best! :D

Yeah like I said, I really love the take off and landing! :p

When your standing there to take off and suddenly you hear the "click" from the breaks I guess then you know its time for some insane power! :D
Every time when I hear that "clicky" sound my hearth starts pumping! ( not because I'm afraid but more like a good rush ) ;)

tris- said:
thing is though, the fear wont control the plane either....

Yep thats true, but some people can't help it that they are afraid of it but then I still wonder why they fly and not travel by car, boat or train. Its not that the plane is the only option to go on vacation.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
rofl, I said yes xD by mistake of course. I've been travelling by airplane 40-50 times :\

kivik

Part of the furniture
wittor said:
Yeah like I said, I really love the take off and landing! :p

When your standing there to take off and suddenly you hear the "click" from the breaks I guess then you know its time for some insane power! :D
Every time when I hear that "clicky" sound my hearth starts pumping! ( not because I'm afraid but more like a good rush ) ;)

Yup, feeling that force pulling you is soo great :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'm not afaid of flying. I'm afraid of being sat next to Gamah on a plane.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
lol, ive never been scared of flying.. first time i flyed alone was when i was about 6 years old.. i flew from Oslo to Aalesund.

And when i was about eight i flyed from Stockholm -> Oslo -> Bergen -> Namsos, all by my self:)

but my mom is scared as hell! :/

Tijl

Loyal Freddie
I heard that sitting backwards in a plane can save 50% of the passengers instead of the average 10%, in a crash. During a crash, you're pressed into your seat instead of flying face forward and breaking bones, or getting debris into your face.. they place the seats like that because flying backwards is not liked by the majority. Look at the flight personnel when they sit. They fly backwards ;). Or the army planes, an officer I know told me those seats are placed to fly backwards.

Same thing in a train. Imagine flying face forward into a table, or other passengers.

Shove the flight personnel off there seats the next time you fly imo :p

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Not afraid of flying, not a fan of having to equalize the pressure all the time.

If i end up next to someone that is afraid of flying, that always makes the flight just alittle more fun.
Wait until the sedative he took before kicks in, let him fall asleep. Then; shake the seats, jump up and down and scream "OH MY GOD, WE'RE GONNA DIE" and watch his face :D

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Tijl said:
I heard that sitting backwards in a plane can save 50% of the passengers instead of the average 10%, in a crash. During a crash, you're pressed into your seat instead of flying face forward and breaking bones, or getting debris into your face.. they place the seats like that because flying backwards is not liked by the majority. Look at the flight personnel when they sit. They fly backwards ;). Or the army planes, an officer I know told me those seats are placed to fly backwards.
10% chance to survive a crash? where are you getting these numbers from? because they sound like they have been plucked out of the air

Chronictank said:
between 1983 and 2000, there were 568 plane crashes. Out of the collective 53,487 people onboard, 51,207 survived.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5402342.stm

You have a 96% chance of surviving a plane crash :p
10% chance on average you wont survive is more accurate

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
cHodAX said:
Try a 15,000 feet descent in under 2 minutes because you have 'engine problems', that will splatter your undies with shit double time :D

no thankyou very much. i'm perfectly fine anyway :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Blackjack said:
Then; shake the seats, jump up and down and scream "OH MY GOD, WE'RE GONNA DIE" and watch his face :D

thats a fast way to make the pilot make a unscedueled landing to kick your ass off the plane, AND charge u for said landing. and those landings are NOT cheap. concider yourself bankrupt for 200 years if it ever happends to you. :)

Tijl

Loyal Freddie
Chronictank said:
10% chance to survive a crash? where are you getting these numbers from? because they sound like they have been plucked out of the air

10% chance on average you wont survive is more accurate

Oops, perhaps they meant 90% more survivors with seats turned backwards. It is kinda plucked out of the air btw :). Heard it on the radio several months ago.

I am surprised by the 96% survival thou (which is great ofc). Guess it's only in the news when most of the passengers died in the crash..

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Tijl said:
Oops, perhaps they meant 90% more survivors with seats turned backwards. It is kinda plucked out of the air btw :). Heard it on the radio several months ago.

I am surprised by the 96% survival thou (which is great ofc). Guess it's only in the news when most of the passengers died in the crash..
unfortunately good news doesnt make the headlines
people seem to prefer hundreds having to be scraped off a runway instead of everyone got home safely

such is the world we live in unfortunately :/

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Been flying since i was about 11 and kinda got used to it, although a 200ft drop when we hit an air pocket on the way home from Portugal did almost create a brown pants scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom