Flying

Are you scared of flying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Mojo said:
Yeah statisticly, but I bet statsitcly you more likely to die if ur plane crashes than if ur car crashes.
i would rather go in something that doesnt crash than something that crashes more often but there is a bigger chance ill get out alive.
Thats the point of my original post,
there is so much redundancy you gota do something extremly stupid to crash them, and even then on modern airplanes the computer will kick in and try and stop you.
A chav moron behind the wheel of a stolen nova doesnt have such luxuries when they loose control at 80mph and hit you, yet you still sit in a car dont you?

The ones that usually crash are the out of date places run by budget airlines who fail to maintain them properly, if you are truley worried to the point of not enjoying a flight, pay the bit extra and go BA

edit: sorry if i sound aggressive, all the anti-airplane bollocks is getting irritating
woohoo we pay more duty because PC fuckwits decided they were going to move onto planes now the 4x4 council tax is gona be put up

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Chronictank said:
=

The ones that usually crash are the out of date places run by budget airlines who fail to maintain them properly, if you are truley worried to the point of not enjoying a flight, pay the bit extra and go BA

go with BA, sure.
the same company that im 99% sure tried to collude with Virgin Atlantic on their fuel surcharges. they care more for money than the customer :p

ive flown with loads of airlines. Helios was the most uncomfortable flights, usually very cold and dry. since they killed everyone though i doubt anyone bothers with them.

thomson were pretty good, as are my travel.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Skydiving is a hobby of mine so it's a good thing i'm not scared of flying ;) - Although being on a return trip from down to the dropzone after the pilot has let out the jumpers would shit me up no end. They practically do a nose dive to earth in a plane, some even turn off the engines to save fuel. Crazy stuff. Commercial flying is a breeze as most people have said; it's extremely safe.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Monarch are terrible, flew back from Tenerife with them. They pack you in so tight you need to do yoga and wrap your legs around your head to get in the seat, the cabin crew then proceed to run up and down the isle with trolly's whacking the fuck out of your leg and throwing food at you. The most miserable 4 1/2 hours of my sad little miserable life! :p ;) :D

Chronictank

FH is my second home
tris- said:
go with BA, sure.
the same company that im 99% sure tried to collude with Virgin Atlantic on their fuel surcharges. they care more for money than the customer :p
Despite being completely irrelevant, You care more about money than your well being
Or are lying about the extent of your anxiety

thomson and mytravel arent even an airline...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chronictank said:
You care more about money than your well being

thomson and mytravel arent even an airline...

Mytravel is part of Airtours, Airtours Internation own thier own fleet of 20 odd planes iirc.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
cHodAX said:
Mytravel is part of Airtours, Airtours Internation own thier own fleet of 20 odd planes iirc.
Mytravel are the package holiday front, Airtours for all intents and purposes a seperate airline
Again a budget airline etc etc

Correct me if im wrong ofc, but im pretty sure thats the case

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chronictank said:
Mytravel are the package holiday front, Airtours for all intents and purposes a seperate airline
Again a budget airline etc etc

Correct me if im wrong ofc, but im pretty sure thats the case

No, they renamed themselves and the entire fleet to MyTravel iirc after the whole bankruptcy thing they almost went through 3-4 years ago. They do operate the planes as separate charter flight entity but it is still a part of the main company iirc.

I had a quick look on Wiki, bit more info here but it does seem things changed in 2002.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyTravel_Airways

Chronictank

FH is my second home
cHodAX said:
No, they renamed themselves and the entire fleet to MyTravel iirc after the whole bankruptcy thing they almost went through 3-4 years ago. They do operate the planes as separate charter flight entity but it is still a part of the main company iirc.

I had a quick look on Wiki, bit more info here but it does seem things changed in 2002.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyTravel_Airways
my bad in that case :)
not used a package thing in donkeys ^^

the old man is a engineer for BA so im pretty lucky

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chronictank said:
my bad in that case :)
not used a package thing in donkeys ^^

the old man is a engineer for BA so im pretty lucky

Nice :D BA is postitively luxurious compared to the likes of Monarch and they don't throw your inflight meal at you either ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
tris- said:
the plane must of free falled about 50m or so, all the bitches screamed :).

50 meter falling in turbulence is nothing. try it when u drop 500 meter.

that was the last time i used a airplane to travel. i can honestly say that there wasent 1 pair of clean pants on that flight when we landed. :/

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Ctuchik said:

that was the last time i used a airplane to travel. i can honestly say that there wasent 1 pair of clean pants on that flight when we landed. :/

Try a 15,000 feet descent in under 2 minutes because you have 'engine problems', that will splatter your undies with shit double time :D

Laddey

FH is my second home
Marc said:
Anyone else here terrified of flying, or am I in the minority?

Hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it. Even the smallest bit of turbulence and I start to panic

Fag Chav :(

tris-

Ctuchik said:

im only guessin 50m, could of been more or less. all i know is i raised slightly out my seat and bitches starting screaming in terror.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:

The thing that I enjoy the most is the take off and landing part! :D

I was never afraid of flying but one of my last vacations was to Bulgaria and we had shit loads of turbulance on the way, we really had some "free falling" that I seriously thought at some point that it was the end for me and some other people started to scream a bit which makes the situation even worse ( I had some free falling before but never something so worse like that imo ), if that wasn't enough we had a really ghetto landing, I stepped out of the plane and I told my parents that I refused to fly back home and that they had to fix me some other transport when we would go home.
Ofcourse I flew back home but at that point I didn't want to fly ever again! :p

Anyway I still fly, however I don't like it anymore like I used to do, I rather go on "short" flight vacations now but oh well. ;)

By the way IF a plane falls down well you know what they say; shit happens, chances are small that it will fall down, there are alot of "toy's" to avoid things like that.

Some people are really worried about it which I don't blame them because there is nothing that you can do about it and you know that the second when you enter an airplane that you won't be in control of anything for the next hours your flying..

tris-

wittor said:
Some people are really worried about it which I don't blame them because there is nothing that you can do about it and you know that the second when you enter an airplane that you won't be in control of anything for the next hours your flying..

thing is though, the fear wont control the plane either....

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
tris- said:
only if you get hit at 30 or less, then you can come back from the dead.

any faster your fucked :(

theres alot of different car crashes, but only 2-3 plane crashes (plane to ground, plane to plane and plane to water).

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
theres alot of different car crashes, but only 2-3 plane crashes (plane to ground, plane to plane and plane to water).

plane to pregnant bird, plane to dragon, plane to a monstrosity angel.

Cedon

Fledgling Freddie
I´m not scared of flying, the only thing that would scare me is snakes on a plane, imagine the fear!! ;)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:

I been through a drop like that aswell, rememberd soem girls sitting infront of me that started to scream like... well girls.

All I know is that I ended up laughing :eek:
What does that say about me?

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Cedon said:
I´m not scared of flying, the only thing that would scare me is snakes on a plane, imagine the fear!! ;)

that would scare me aswell :(

have some what of a snake phobia

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Huntingtons said:

Well basicly it's car to car, car to obstacle, car to nature.

And planes have a lot more too, just when put into that kind of perspective, anything can be simplified.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Doesn't really matter if its only 3 each year, if your on that one it sucks. You might end up on a island where some freaky business is going on

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Heta said:
Doesn't really matter if its only 3 each year, if your on that one it sucks. You might end up on a island where some freaky business is going on

Not to mention that rarely 358(or whatnot) die in a car accident.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
I never used to be scared of flying. I worked on Helos for 4 years and was happy taking photographs at 9k feet, side door open, stood on skids. However having been involved in a fatal helo crash in 1998 I now prefer being on the ground. I will fly but it involves a healthy amount of scotch before hand and will never fly in helos again.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
old.Tohtori said:
Well basicly it's car to car, car to obstacle, car to nature.

And planes have a lot more too, just when put into that kind of perspective, anything can be simplified.

but in these areas there arent alot of different incidents in those catagories, cars can crash into animals, people, other cars, other vechieles, nature elements (tree/stones etc) walls, other stuff. in the air there's alot less threatening elements

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Not to mention that rarely 358(or whatnot) die in a car accident.

tbh a more interesting fact would be to know how many people survive a car vs plane crash each year.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Heta said:
tbh a more interesting fact would be to know how many people survive a car vs plane crash each year.
between 1983 and 2000, there were 568 plane crashes. Out of the collective 53,487 people onboard, 51,207 survived.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5402342.stm

You have a 96% chance of surviving a plane crash :p

I couldnt find any stats for car crashes :< (altho i didnt look extensively)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom