Flight Simulator 2020

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Outstanding, if you're into the kind of thing. I'm finding it quite relaxing to get in from work and just fly somewhere to have a nose around. Everything looks beautiful, this is me buzzing over my hometown.Oakham - FS2020.jpg

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So do they ise google earth or something for the topography? I seen some places quite close to reality and some not. Wondering how it displays the globe. Rather than creating crap approximations of places it hasnt rendered.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Ono

Part of the furniture
So, this game murders my PC (Ryzen 3900X + RTX 2080 Super) but it's amazingly good fun and relaxing. Just love flying over places I have been to etc.

Uploaded some ultrawide videos of some places - here is Singapore and one of wider New York. If they ever get round to modelling all major cities like they have with NYC - minds will be blown (as will my graphics card).

View: https://youtu.be/c90QVAVxvas

View: https://youtu.be/FvGimMrqZPA

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So, this game murders my PC (Ryzen 3900X + RTX 2080 Super) but it's amazingly good fun and relaxing. Just love flying over places I have been to etc.

Uploaded some ultrawide videos of some places - here is Singapore and one of wider New York. If they ever get round to modelling all major cities like they have with NYC - minds will be blown (as will my graphics card).

View: https://youtu.be/c90QVAVxvas

View: https://youtu.be/FvGimMrqZPA

What controller are you using? Oh and enjoy ! Lol

Ono

Part of the furniture
What controller are you using? Oh and enjoy ! Lol
I have the Thrustmaster T1600M. Originally used for Elite Dangerous and Ace Combat but works great for FS.

Very enjoyable. 😎

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I have the Thrustmaster T1600M. Originally used for Elite Dangerous and Ace Combat but works great for FS.

Very enjoyable. 😎
You think it would work ok with a controller?

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Just been watching your New York video and its invredibly relaxing. I have the game and cant fly too well so my trips around New York tend to involve me trying not to crash into everything.

Really enjoyed the tour, cheers :)

Ono

Part of the furniture
Just been watching your New York video and its invredibly relaxing. I have the game and cant fly too well so my trips around New York tend to involve me trying not to crash into everything.

Really enjoyed the tour, cheers :)
The Icon A5 is easy to fly. I do find others tougher.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Was reading that as MS use realtime weather ingame that many users were flying into and around the Laura hurricane. Amazing :)

Ono

Part of the furniture
Was reading that as MS use realtime weather ingame that many users were flying into and around the Laura hurricane. Amazing :)
Yeah, I did that in my little old prop plane. All I saw was cloud and really foggy conditions close to the ground. My plane was too small to fly high enough to see the clouds from above.

Was funny seeing so many other online players in the area though.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah, I did that in my little old prop plane. All I saw was cloud and really foggy conditions close to the ground. My plane was too small to fly high enough to see the clouds from above.

Was funny seeing so many other online players in the area though.
Did your little old prop plane get thrown about?

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Anyone aware / interested that they're releasing a VR update on the 23rd of December? Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 free VR update has a release date, and it's soon

I got to a stage with teleport motion in Halflife: ALyx whereby it didnt bother me anymore but not sure how i'd fare with a VR flight sim.

My mum has been largely house bound since March so i am hoping it enables her some free-like-a-bird escapism.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Yeah - I am aware but it may take an RTX 3080 to run it properly.

The 23rd patch also includes a UK update so London and other landmarks should look a whole lot better.

If you want you mum to get some virtual freedom - I recommend Google Earth VR - it's much better for detail.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah - I am aware but it may take an RTX 3080 to run it properly.

The 23rd patch also includes a UK update so London and other landmarks should look a whole lot better.

If you want you mum to get some virtual freedom - I recommend Google Earth VR - it's much better for detail.
Google earth vr is great :)

still waiting for a 3080. Think i need to up my psu to 850 for one as well. The 650 wont hack it.

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Dam really? I have a 2080TI and a 5900x so i was hoping that that would do. However, Google Earth VR sounds promising. Never heard of it before. Ta gents- i will investigate

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Anyone aware / interested that they're releasing a VR update on the 23rd of December? Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 free VR update has a release date, and it's soon

I got to a stage with teleport motion in Halflife: ALyx whereby it didnt bother me anymore but not sure how i'd fare with a VR flight sim.

My mum has been largely house bound since March so i am hoping it enables her some free-like-a-bird escapism.

Oh christ, I have been forcing myself to not get a VR headset for so long but this just ruined that.

Ono

Part of the furniture
I personally love VR.

While everyone talks about HL:Alyx and Beat Sabre (both amazing) - the longevity for me has been in driving sims and flight/space sims. No doubt FS2020 in VR will be immersive but it will only be fully appreciated once PCs can run it in VR at over 60fps.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Dam really? I have a 2080TI and a 5900x so i was hoping that that would do. However, Google Earth VR sounds promising. Never heard of it before. Ta gents- i will investigate

You need to tweak the settings thats all. It doesnt hurt the, so you may find that it utilises 3-4 cores max but thats it...I've got a 3900x here and it works fine, never really gets to busy. GPU is important and vram moreso. I've got it on Gen4 NVMe doesnt really seem too bothered by that.

I have a RTX2070, some settings I have on ultra, some on low, I just dont think its fully optimized yet. It still looks amazing.

2080TI will be fine.

I have a rolling cache which keeps key areas with the best level of detail so it doesnt have to load each time. I dont know if you can cache the entire planet, it might be a tad space hungry :) my rolling cache is 200GB of disc space.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
I personally love VR.

While everyone talks about HL:Alyx and Beat Sabre (both amazing) - the longevity for me has been in driving sims and flight/space sims. No doubt FS2020 in VR will be immersive but it will only be fully appreciated once PCs can run it in VR at over 60fps.

I missed the HP early beta for the MSFS VR so I dont know how exactly it'll work, I have an Index and HP but I'm just not sure how it'll work, there 100's of keyboard mappings, I'm just not sure how well its going to work.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Google earth vr is great :)

still waiting for a 3080. Think i need to up my psu to 850 for one as well. The 650 wont hack it.

I'm just waiting for my cash back from a eBay scammer which should be end of this week, I'll then try for a 3090 Founders edition again, I'm not interested in over clocking I just want max compatability. Oh, and 24GB vram for MSFS :)

Tay

Grumpy old fecker

I dont know anybody on the VR beta but who knows what it'll do, I never got on with VR and Elite Dangerous, it depends how MS work it.

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
I personally love VR.

@Ono Do you / did you ever suffer from motion sickness with VR? As pathetic as it sounds, HL:Alyx used to knock me out when i first starting playing it. I'd have to lie down after :D I can imagine that driving games will appear more normal to my brain (sitting and in a car) or have me running for the toilet. Note that i used teleport motion in HL:ALyx

I have a rolling cache which keeps key areas with the best level of detail so it doesnt have to load each time. I dont know if you can cache the entire planet, it might be a tad space hungry :) my rolling cache is 200GB of disc space.

@Tay I like the idea of the rolling cache to help out.

Ono

Part of the furniture
@scoop - only ever had motion sickness with a game/demo called Aircar (which is free and highly recommended).

Automobilista 2 slightly but that meant it was a great representation of the undulations of the track which many driving games fail at conveying.

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
Consider yourself fortunate

Aircar looks pretty cool, espeically for a freebee. I'll see how well i stomach it

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I personally love VR.

Driving sims is where it's at for me with VR. The more frantic stuff like Dirt Rally 2 but also chilled stuff like the Euro/American Truck Simulator games. Coupled with a wheel and pedals those are the most immersive VR experiences I've had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom