Help Flash problems

mooSe_

FH is my second home
A few days ago, for apparently no reason, all audio in flash videos in google chrome stopped working. I tried the same videos in IE and it worked fine. Then the next day they didn't work in IE either, or firefox.
I tried uninstalling/installing flash player and disabling the flash plugin in chrome etc but nothing seemed to make any difference.

Today for apparently no reason at all again, some videos started playing with sound. I can't work out why only some are working and some aren't. I'll watch one video on youtube and it will all be fine, then I'll go to another one and it will be silent: if I go back to the original one it will play with sound again.
This seems to be affecting all video playing things that use flash and none that don't.

Any ideas what I could try next? It's really pissing me off. Thanks.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Strange one. Have you updated anything else on your system recently?

Chrome is a bad starting point for flash troubleshooting due to it being built in. Stick to stripping out the IE & Firefox versions and trying them again.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Select or unselect hardware acceleration in the flash menu. Could be a gfx driver vs flash problem aswell. My sis didnt have auto update on with FF. At some point flash stopped working all together on FF. Updating it solved the problem.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I've tried uninstalling/installing flash a few times and messed around with all the settings I could find but nothing has changed anything :( It's gone back to having no sound in any videos rather than sound in some videos.

I got so mad at it I formatted my hard drive and re installed windows and the problem is still there. I'm completely lost.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I tried switching sound cards in case that was the problem but it had no effect.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Drivers perhaps?

JingleBells

FH is my second home
A few days ago, for apparently no reason, all audio in flash videos in google chrome stopped working. I tried the same videos in IE and it worked fine. Then the next day they didn't work in IE either, or firefox.
I tried uninstalling/installing flash player and disabling the flash plugin in chrome etc but nothing seemed to make any difference.

Today for apparently no reason at all again, some videos started playing with sound. I can't work out why only some are working and some aren't. I'll watch one video on youtube and it will all be fine, then I'll go to another one and it will be silent: if I go back to the original one it will play with sound again.
This seems to be affecting all video playing things that use flash and none that don't.

Any ideas what I could try next? It's really pissing me off. Thanks.
I had this today, and found that my problem was the PepperFlash inbuilt chrome version - I found youtubes in IE and Firefox worked fine but not in Chrome.

All I did was goto chrome://plugins clicked the "+ Details" button on the right and under "Flash (3 files)" disabled the entry with the location "PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll" and it worked.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
After completely running out of ideas and giving up on solving this, the problem decided to fix itself this morning. I'm quite happy since not being able to watch any videos that people linked me was driving me insane, but since I never worked out what caused the problem I'm afraid that it's going to randomly do it again at some point in the future :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom