TV Flash Forward

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
New TV series just started on ABC.

Only found out about it because it was on a trailer at the cinema, it looks pretty good although I have a feeling it will probally have the same fate journeyman did.

ABC.com - FlashForward - Home

ECA

I am a FH squatter
That looks like it could be awesome.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
First episode is ok, but I already feel this is going to be strung out like Lost.

Something that could take 1-2 seasons is now going to take 5-6.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Or fringe... season 1 took so long to get to the main storyline...
So glad I never watched lost/heroes/24 :)

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Or fringe... season 1 took so long to get to the main storyline...
So glad I never watched lost/heroes/24 :)

I started with Lost, it was 'ok' for the first season then dwindled off for 2 and 3. I hear it got better.

What else you watching right now, Eca?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
short 20 minute shows:

The daily show
How I met your mother
It's always sunny in philadelpha
Californication
----------------

Longer shows: ( try not to pick too many up )
Sons of Anarchy
Dexter ( starting this weekend )
Fringe...maybe when the season wraps up and I can ask people if the pacing was as terrible as season 1 :) I like it but it's such a waste of time.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
The Daily Show is good, I like the Colbert Report as well.

Sons of Anarchy is one of my top shows, Ron Perlman and crew are ace.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
When I watch "how i met your mother" I develop a twitch in my eye and get an incredible urge to kill all television. Its awful.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Sons of Anarchy is great.

I had the same with Lost, just gave in after a couple of seasons

ECA

I am a FH squatter
bump.

Any reviews on this series yet?

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
much the same, i have seen the first two episodes and you can just tell it is going to be some seriously long mad drawn outness, but im enjoying it so far and will watch it until it gets annoying.

i never realised until just now how much i miss battlestar, all tv pales in comparison

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Think I've seen 3 episodes so far, its ok... but given the US TV season has just started, there is better out there. Unless it picks up, I'll not be adding this to my download feed.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The dude that used to be in This life obviously has something to do with it, his kid gets kidnapped along with the FBI dudes kid.

Boring predictable rubbish.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Seen the 3 episodes this weekend and so far, it has left me a bittertaste.
Some moments of brilliance with others of total boredom (who the fuck cares if the 2 main parts get divorced?)

Lost > FRINGE > FF :)

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
So you don't know about the intention of the series producers to air the last episode of the series on 29th April 2010? :)

ABC picked up the show yesterday for a full 22 ep season.
When you take into account Chrsitmas and holiday breaks, that makes the last ep air around the end of April.

IMO...
Fringe > *

Turamber

Part of the furniture
When did Shakespeare get that shitty American accent? It is absolutely pathetic that English actors are typecast as bad guys unless they put on an American accent for US TV.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
When did Shakespeare get that shitty American accent? It is absolutely pathetic that English actors are typecast as bad guys unless they put on an American accent for US TV.

On the other hand, Penny from Lost (dunno the name of the actress) keeps her brit accent, tho toned down.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Just caught up with the first five episodes this evening (had a lazy sunday day with a gorgeous home made stew) and I'm really liking it so far.

Any theories on how this will pan out?

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Just caught up with the first five episodes this evening (had a lazy sunday day with a gorgeous home made stew) and I'm really liking it so far.

i found it pretty mundane up until four, just watched five there and its just got a lot more interesting.

old.user4556

You gotta write off a couple of episodes for scene setting, character setting, plot synopsis etc. though.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

Yes I'll become increasingly bored with plot lines and conversations about nothing :p I already don't care if his wife bangs someone else, nor do I care if he gets killed. I had high hopes for this, but since episode one there has been very little movement forward. 3 minutes at the end of this episode was spent with some shite song playing while the camera flicked back and forwards to all the cast 12 times.

Usually by now I have made a connection with some/all of the characters and I want to know more, now all I really want is the lead guy to learn how to fucking act and pull more than one face.

I wish they would all die in a big explosion... the end......

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
It started so well. Have to agree with Calaen though it's getting very boring.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Every episode except the first has been pure filler.

Who thinks we won't find out what caused it before the end of season 1? :D

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Stick with it until the end of episode 6. That's the ep that made me decide to stick with it.

DON'T read the spoiler if you've not seen the episode or want to watch the episode with no preconceptions.
At the end of the episode, the brit blokes have that conversation in the car about "Our experiment killed 20 million people".

That seems to suddenly turn on the ignition for the main story arc IMO.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Stick with it until the end of episode 6. That's the ep that made me decide to stick with it.

DON'T read the spoiler if you've not seen the episode or want to watch the episode with no preconceptions.
At the end of the episode, the brit blokes have that conversation in the car about "Our experiment killed 20 million people".

That seems to suddenly turn on the ignition for the main story arc IMO.

We knew he was one of the people responsible at the end of episode 5.... so really, we haven't moved forward at all.

old.user4556

Re episode 6:

I found episode 6 important as the little boy made his way to the house himself which facilitated that very tense (and very well done) moment in what will become a love triangle

dysfunction

FH is my second home
This is kind of a time travel paradox really...because if they had not seen the future then these events happening now would not be happening now...

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
This is kind of a time travel paradox really...because if they had not seen the future then these events happening now would not be happening now...

Can you think of a single scifi that did time travel properly? It's always a huge fuckup.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Twelve Monkeys is always the go-to film for well thought out time travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom