Fixing a Nokia n95

Nate

FH is my second home
Apparently my cousin has borked his mobile, the screen has cracked. Is there any way to fix it? Do some websites do this as a service? Any of you guys had a similar problem that you solved somehow!? I'm sorry theres not a lot of info to go by but this is all I have :(

Cheers in advance!

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Just buy a new screen and replace it, not particularly tricky to do.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
My N95 8Gb screen cracked (they have almost no protection, wtf), and I replaced it with a screen off ebay. It worked, but the screen drains power like nobodies business. Doesn't last a day without even making/taking any calls.

Maybe I was just unlucky...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
All the independent phone shops on the high street will do screen replacements and repairs, get a few quotes though. You could even go to a proper Nokia service centre and get it done officially.

Nate

FH is my second home
I don't think theres a nokia shop/service centre in town but I'll have a look around when he's here.

Cheers guys!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Interesting. What is it about n95 screens that makes them inherently smashable? I did the same thing to mine.

Nate

FH is my second home
Cheers G,

I went in to town, stopped by Carphone Wankhouse and apparently you need a proof of purpose to get it repaired. I have no idea if he still has the receipt still, he probably bought it in France so they wouldn't even be able to read it anyway! And they don't even know how much it might cost.

Useless bastards!

I'll get on that internets instead and do it myself as you suggest :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've dropped mine loads of times and it hasn't broken. Just luck I guess.

Nate, go on Ebay and buy a screen, make sure it comes with the Torx driver you need. Also get one of those plastic pry tools.

Its dead easy to do, I've replaced a couple on older phones. Just be very careful you don't tear the ribbon.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Cheers G,

I went in to town, stopped by Carphone Wankhouse and apparently you need a proof of purpose to get it repaired. I have no idea if he still has the receipt still, he probably bought it in France so they wouldn't even be able to read it anyway! And they don't even know how much it might cost.

Useless bastards!

I'll get on that internets instead and do it myself as you suggest :p

Hmmm, they only need proof of purchase to repair it under warranty, you'd be paying for it so that is bollocks.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Mobile Phone Repair
They will e-mail you a quote so you know roughly where you are cost wise. They're repairing my Dad's Treo 650 at the moment which he busted to pieces.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Get the pry tool or you'll fuck the case up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom