Impressed First UK 5G Network

Ormorof

FH is my second home
They launched one here in Finland a few weeks ago but no 5G phones on market here yet :(

Due an upgrade from work so holding out with old one until the new batch arrives :D

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
They launched one here in Finland a few weeks ago but no 5G phones on market here yet :(

Due an upgrade from work so holding out with old one until the new batch arrives :D

That was effectively a technology test case network (Alcom and Eriksson) using 3.5 GHz spectrum. They targeted the vertical tier business usage first so not rolled out to public, yet. I've read the performance reviews of some EU Testing, quite amazing. Speeds reached in excess of 500Mbps with decreased latency over 4G LT. What's really interesting for me is the convergence of the WiFi and GSM data systems.

Also if enablers like HS2.0 actually get widely adopted by telco's. 560Aero in work using 560MHz femtocells. Or 5G femtocells / mmwave to backhaul smaller localized microcells. If any of this tech is put in play for public or just utilized to reduced operating costs for data backhaul in their networks.

Last edited:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Yeah the potential speeds is amazing and as Fknland tends to be an eaely adopter in telco stuff i am hopeful it will become available soon.I eat data on my phone ( i use maybe 1-2 mins of calls per month and 5 or sms per year) so faster is better :)

In more remote areas having a decent 5G connection could replace wired internet completely (already happened in countryside to an extent, Finnish providers claim 100% 4G coverage within borders but signal still rubbish in places)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom