First sever up!

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Sugah said:
Forgive me if i'm wrong but aren't the english servers just patched with the same thing as the american servers, with just the goa optional content added in? Or is 1.69 too much for our 486 server ><
You are wrong and I forgive you.

jigsaw

Fledgling Freddie
Sugah said:
Forgive me if i'm wrong but aren't the english servers just patched with the same thing as the american servers, with just the goa optional content added in? Or is 1.69 too much for our 486 server ><

You think it would be easier to translate from US english to UK english, it cant be that difficult to replace armor with armour
:D

But me thinks its not a translation issue for UK, the data has to be reconfigured and optimised for the platform and architecture GOA use. At least i hope thats the case, and not because the english servers have 1.69 days/weeks before the german/french DAOC users....

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Sugah said:

486 eh? You must mean Excal as Prydwen runs on an 8mhz ZX81 with a monster 16k of ram and a magnetic tape drive for storage.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Any chance of an ETA for 1.69 servers being up and stable Requiel? We looking at twelve hours to patch the servers here or something (offline at 830am ish remember)

TYIAOYC
[Thank You In Anticipation Of Your Cooperation - My idiot boss likes to send that on memos]

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
TheBinarySurfer said:
Any chance of an ETA for 1.69 servers being up and stable Requiel? We looking at twelve hours to patch the servers here or something (offline at 830am ish remember)

TYIAOYC
[Thank You In Anticipation Of Your Cooperation - My idiot boss likes to send that on memos]
Well the final testing looks good now. We are going to open one server in a short while and let it run live for a few minutes. If nothing major turns up then the others will be turned on shortly afterwards.
Can't give you a definite ETA as knowing my luck something will happen which will make me completely wrong if I promise a time.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
486 eh? You must mean Excal as Prydwen runs on an 8mhz ZX81 with a monster 16k of ram and a magnetic tape drive for storage.
ZX81 runs at 3.5mhz if i remember correctly :)

adorf

Fledgling Freddie
ta requil but when i try login in it says conntinuing to login server pleas wait then trying another login server please wait the it just stops whats rong wiht it?

jigsaw

Fledgling Freddie
adorf said:
ta requil but when i try login in it says conntinuing to login server pleas wait then trying another login server please wait the it just stops whats rong wiht it?

Looks like there are too many people connnected to the Login servers, and waiting for the game servers to come up. So all the login servers conections are taken up untill people connect to the game servers and they are released.

Then again i could be wrong, requiel will know :worthy:

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
I would just like to say /cheer to Requiel [GOA] English Servers GM for coming onto FH to keep us informed. This is a step in the right direction for GOA. For too long now we have suffered poor customer support from them.

But if this is the begining of how they mean to go on then /cheer i say and long may it continue.

Keep this up Requiel. :cheers: :drink:

fruitcake

Fledgling Freddie
I don't get that but i do get an error box come up saying "could not open login2.mpk"

Acercerak

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm. Any chance we might be able to log in again (preferably before the end of the week :p ) ?

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Boomeruk said:
cant log my chars that are logged in DF on camlann, sux :<

df and the dungeons are the last zones to go up when a server is started, usually around 10 minutes after the start.

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
df and the dungeons are the last zones to go up when a server is started, usually around 10 minutes after the start.

ty - logged in after 5 retries within 5 mins of post :D

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
fruitcake said:
I don't get that but i do get an error box come up saying "could not open login2.mpk"

That means that your char is logged at MPK and that there are just too many alb stealthers in front of it, so GOA prevents you to login for your own security till they leave ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom