Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Wow, to see 1200+ ppl log on in a matter of seconds is impressive lol

Splendid

Fledgling Freddie
News

All things must take their time
[2004-28-07]

The patching process is going on, in collaboration with Mythic we have resolved the bug we told you about in a previous news. Unfortunately this correction delayed the whole process : it is around 5PM and there are still some more hours of work left on this version. More information about this as soon as possible. Be patient, you should soon be able to discover the novelties of 1.69 !

:puke:

Filo

Fledgling Freddie
Orcanie just died, this isnt looking too good :x

From 2200 ppl to 61 :/

Filo

Fledgling Freddie
uhm atm i cant even access GoA home page.. i think they blew summet up

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
was logged in there - they popped up some message that had 'please' and 'disconnecteur' written in it :p

Filo

Fledgling Freddie
haarewin said:
was logged in there - they popped up some message that had 'please' and 'disconnecteur' written in it :p

Hmm.. Please disconnect now, our friggin office is on fire?

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Hear that sound? hundreds of french people screaming out into space...

Server down now :(

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
how could they have a "bug" when they said they have been testing it on internal server for ages?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
No servers are up currently. Orcanie was supposed to be up for testing and not for actual players. Hence the subsequent shutdown.

There is a fairly major bug which took a long time to fix and didn't show up on the test server. We think it's fixed now and will be testing the servers in a few minutes.

There is news of the patching progress on the news site but our bandwidth is being absolutely hammered right now. For now we ask you to be patient, we are working to get the servers back up as soon as possible and no-one is going home toinight until it's all sorted and stable.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Methinks all that talk of internal testing was bullshit :) Used to be a admin on another game and it'd be rare for a problem like to just spring outta the air when you've been running it on a carbon copy of one of the live servers for a few weeks.Most things show up straight away if you have a testing team with a collective IQ higher than room temperature.
Incidentally anyone else actually like it when they cant get online? Breaks the addiction for you! GF was happy anyway a full day of my undivided attention!(Can play all night now with no bitching!)

:sex: :sex: :cheers:

jigsaw

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
No servers are up currently. Orcanie was supposed to be up for testing and not for actual players. Hence the subsequent shutdown.

There is a fairly major bug which took a long time to fix and didn't show up on the test server. We think it's fixed now and will be testing the servers in a few minutes.

There is news of the patching progress on the news site but our bandwidth is being absolutely hammered right now. For now we ask you to be patient, we are working to get the servers back up as soon as possible and no-one is going home toinight until it's all sorted and stable.

Thats not quiet accurate is it Requiel? The GOA news says:

[2004-28-07]

The patching process is going on, in collaboration with Mythic we have resolved the bug we told you about in a previous news. Unfortunately this correction delayed the whole process : it is around 5PM and there are still some more hours of work left on this version. More information about this as soon as possible. Be patient, you should soon be able to discover the novelties of 1.69 !

According to the news above, it was NOT a new bug but one they had known about previously. Are you saying that the GOA news is reflecting inaccurrate information? If so how can we beleive the news, if it does not relate to the truth?

Wouldn't it of been better to take one of the live servers down out of core hours e.g. 0300hrs and then see if there where any patching problems?

Franya

Loyal Freddie
There is news of the patching progress on the news site but our bandwidth is being absolutely hammered right now.

To me it feels as if FH is hammered too. It's way slower than it has been the last days...

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
ffs

Requiel said:

You know, I wouldn't be a GM for all the tea in China - all those collective dummies being thrown out of prams would give me a headache.

For myself, thankyou for keeping us informed!

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
jigsaw said:
Thats not quiet accurate is it Requiel? The GOA news says:

[2004-28-07]

According to the news above, it was NOT a new bug but one they had known about previously. Are you saying that the GOA news is reflecting inaccurrate information? If so how can we beleive the news, if it does not relate to the truth?

Wouldn't it of been better to take one of the live servers down out of core hours e.g. 0300hrs and then see if there where any patching problems?
It's entirely accurate.
As the news says, the bug that we identified in testing was fixed.
As I said a bug which didn't show up in testing was found when we patched to a live server. I don't see how these statements are contradictory at all.
As to the testing process, 1.69 has been in testing for some time now. The bug we encountered this afternoon wasn't present on the test server and couldn't possibly have been missed if it was.

adorf

Fledgling Freddie
imo wouldnt it be good for mythic / goa to get one patch done without ANY delays. but i suppose for them - impossabal :twak: :sex:

jigsaw

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
It's entirely accurate.
As the news says, the bug that we identified in testing was fixed.
As I said a bug which didn't show up in testing was found when we patched to a live server. I don't see how these statements are contradictory at all.
As to the testing process, 1.69 has been in testing for some time now. The bug we encountered this afternoon wasn't present on the test server and couldn't possibly have been missed if it was.

Fair play, the news was accurate, but accurate up to a given point, lets look at it again while the servers come up
:D

[2004-28-07]

1) You have fixed the bug previously referenced in a news item
2) The correction to the bug you new about delayed the server patching process
3) At around 5pm you realised you had another bug and this would take a few hours more to eliminate

Shouldn't the news have said then that you had corrected a known bug, but have found a few more critical bugs and need more time to resolve them?

What i was stating previously is that the News does not say that you have found more bugs, just that it took you more time than you thought to correct a known bug?

So then at the time the News was put on the homepage, NO NEW bugs were known about?

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Jigsaw, leave the poor GM alone... just let them get on with feeding the tech's with coffee and donuts.. or whatever they have there.

Only yesterday I was fixing a problem for a user, and they got me a lovely bar of chocy, it made all the difference hehe

Filo

Fledgling Freddie
jigsaw said:
Fair play, the news was accurate, but accurate up to a given point, lets look at it again while the servers come up

[2004-28-07]

3) At around 5pm you realised you had another bug and this would take a few hours more to eliminate

Shouldn't the news have said then that you had corrected a known bug, but have found a few more critical bugs and need more time to resolve them?

What i was stating previously is that the News does not say that you have found more bugs, just that it took you more time than you thought to correct a known bug?

So then at the time the News was put on the homepage, NO NEW bugs were known about?

Why are you bitching at him when he's been nice to come here and give us some info? Give it a rest ffs. Cheers for info Requiel

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
jigsaw said:

[2004-28-07]

Stop splitting hairs please..

Be glad that Requiel is here informing us at all...
Much better feedback from GOA these days than it used to be before :drink:

jigsaw

Fledgling Freddie
Nxs said:
Jigsaw, leave the poor GM alone... just let them get on with feeding the tech's with coffee and donuts.. or whatever they have there.

Only yesterday I was fixing a problem for a user, and they got me a lovely bar of chocy, it made all the difference hehe

Were not allowed to receive presents from users at work, it might make us feel guilty and do some work...
:eek7:

jigsaw

Fledgling Freddie
lol, i am not bitching at Requiel.. :worthy:

And i agree that its nice for Requiel to keep us informed, but hold on there, isn't that his job to keep us informed? :eek6:

viio

Fledgling Freddie
Nxs said:
just let them get on with feeding the tech's with coffee and donuts.. or whatever they have there.

Croissants and wierd french ground coffee.... nasty stuff...

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie
Forgive me if i'm wrong but aren't the english servers just patched with the same thing as the american servers, with just the goa optional content added in? Or is 1.69 too much for our 486 server ><

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom