First ML for an ice wiz?

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
I´m acually thinking about takeing the Stormlord.... thoes storms look realy cool, but well I´m normally the guy who try not to be fotm :cheers:

Stinkie

Fledgling Freddie
just cant decide tbh and its doing my head in. will probably be anti FOTM and pick which ever seems the lowest populated.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Convoker is complete trash. Stormlord is actually useful.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
anyone know if you can respec your path? and how?

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
some kind of Patch respec stones drop during the encounters... cant remember the name but its possible.

feac

Fledgling Freddie
ya the key mob at stage 10 of each ML drops a ML respec orb not sure how many they drop though

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Stormlord would have been useful were it not for the fact that each storm takes an age (10-20 seconds) to summon. All of the MLs are on a 5 minute timer so even if you DO use one in a fight (why would you, when you can cast something more powerful like a DD/PBAE/whatever) then that's it for the next 5 minutes.

Convoker on the other hand;

1. Summon Wood - not spectacular but always useful.
2. Prescience Node - nerf-worthy and very useful for those of us that solo.
3. Power Trap - drop one on an enemy PBAE group and watch their power go bye-bye!
4. SpeedWarp - again, useful for soloers.
5. Summon Warcrystal - ok, not so much use, but probably will be in Frontiers.
6. BattleWarder - erm, I assume this could be good in dungeons or other small spaces, but no real open-field application.
7. Dissonance Trap - once again, good for soloers.
8. Brittle Guard - another BT, thanks.
9. Summoning Mastery - dunno really, suppose it might be good for SMs and their intercepting pets?

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
feac said:
Convoker will be popular due to the presence nodes u can place and P off the stealthers :) (when u complete ML 2 anyway)

hehe EVUL!

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Should really add the ML10 ability now that it's known;

"Convoker gets Crystal Titan: ground target summon that has to grow to full strength before pummeling enemies. dunno how long it lasts, like 20 minutes or so. Took about 20 secs from casting it to full power"

"convoker 10 is a 2m recast pet, not focus based, took about 30% power. Took ~20 secs to grow to full power."

"The convoker 10 pets are lasting 10 mins each so I can have 4 up at a time, not 5 like I thought. And its 57% power each."

Another pet :) or even more than one... Going to have a mini zerg following me around looks like - standard pet + brittle guard (x2?) + ML10 pet(s) if i bother with MLs. Interrupts a-go-go!

Pin did you ever actually do any background reading on the Stormlord / Convoker paths? With the massive cast times, relative immobility and small radius of the storms they're utterly useless in open-field RvR. Stormlord is the crappy path IMO, not Convoker.

Trubble

Fledgling Freddie
Storms from stormlord can be quickcasted with normal quickcast speed. So its quite reasonable to think that you will get at least one storm going in a fight.

Trubble

Fledgling Freddie
Wildfire said:
Another pet :) or even more than one... Going to have a mini zerg following me around looks like - standard pet + brittle guard (x2?) + ML10 pet(s) if i bother with MLs. Interrupts a-go-go!

Brittle guard will not be in group and will not get groupspeed - which kinda sucks big time.

Battlewarden is a permarooted melee pet, so its kinda useless. In a following patch its made to only attack realm enemies, so it cant be used in pve.

I dont know enough of the crystal titan yet, but basicly you might be looking at having that pet as the only effective pet.

But it will be nice to have you around a keep to put up traps at stealther accesspoints and wood for door repairs. ;)

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Wildfire said:
Pin did you ever actually do any background reading on the Stormlord / Convoker paths? With the massive cast times, relative immobility and small radius of the storms they're utterly useless in open-field RvR. Stormlord is the crappy path IMO, not Convoker.
Both paths have long cast-times on their abilities.
Both paths' abilities make you/your group relatively immobile.
Neither path is good for open field RvR.

Convoker
1. Summon Wood - cheaper doors. woot.
2. Prescience Node - 15sec casttime. wall/keep-camping ability to annoy stealthers and your own group, alike.
3. Power Trap - 15sec casttime. Mine drops at your feet. You actually want to run into a hib pbae box and spend 15seconds casting this to remove their power? Oo
4. Speedwarp - Good ability for stopping chargers at gate camps. Nice for stopping SoS, but otherwise hardly useful for open RvR as when you're in combat the only speed you usually have is sprint.
5. Summon Warcrystal - free seige ammo which is no better than shop-bought. another keep-seige ability.
6. Battlewarder - focus melee pet that doesn't move. while it's up the caster can't do anything. drains a lot of power. basically useless except for bashing doors.
7. Dissonance Trap - 15sec casttime. DD trap, same as Power Trap, drops at your feet. Useless for open-RvR, drop it at a keep door/milegate and wait for people to run into it - about all that can be done.
8. Brittle Guard - a BT pet that follows you around without speed. If you can get time to cast it during combat it should be okay, otherwise it'll stop an extra arrow while camping.
9. Summoning Mastery - PBAE enhancement to pets. Hardly a massive boost to your standard open-field rvr battle, is it? But it's a nice overpowered ability for animist-fuelled PvE.
10. Crystal Titan - a 'powerful' pet that takes 20secs before it grows to full stength. Not enough info available about it yet.

many share a timer - can only use 1 every 5 mins, etc.

Now, I'm not saying that the Stormlord abilities are so much better for open-field RvR. I'm saying that they are more useful in 'static' RvR

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Your points are good Pin, the idea of wasting your QC on casting some stupid storm is just njub though to be honest, such a total waste and you will regret it when the savage chain taps you on the shoulder.

The only point I'm conceeding though is that I hadn't heard about the 15s timer on the powertrap, and that the brittle guard doesn't get run-speed (which sounds like a bug tbh).

Edit: I didn't mention battlewarden as one of the pets before - i can imagine it'll be good for fighting tanks as a soloer though and for placing on top of the keep lord in keep defence.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Wildfire said:
Your points are good Pin, the idea of wasting your QC on casting some stupid storm is just njub though to be honest, such a total waste and you will regret it when the savage chain taps you on the shoulder.
Well, I never suggested doing such a thing, but the same applies to QC a powertrap, etc. You wouldn't want to do it very often at all as you'd miss the QC.

All I'm saying is that both lines are going to be mostly useless for your standard roaming caster group, but at a keep a power-draining storm is better than a power-trap as you can drag it around over enemies at a seige and drain their power over time instead of having to run into them and remove their power as a 1-hit. (just an example).

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
teh US zerg seems to favour convoker over stormlord.

Personally I suspect this has a lot to do with one or two early abillities needing to be nerfed in the first few weeks of toa.

Also wise to note that the only ability that causes significant whines is PN - which is an anti-stealther ability. And I don't really think many people give a damn about stealthers anymore anyway.

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
quote from vn boards:

"convoker 10 is a 2m recast pet, not focus based, took about 30% power. Took ~20 secs to grow to full power. Havent tested it in rvr or pve yet :p
Can cast a new one every 2 mins. Not sure how long they last yet. But I can have more than 1 up at a time, I currently have 5 up."

if its true that u can have more than 1 of them up its pretty nice :D

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
sucky, mythic seem fixated with that model these days as they were fixated with the giant model before :(

Trubble

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
4. Speedwarp - Good ability for stopping chargers at gate camps. Nice for stopping SoS, but otherwise hardly useful for open RvR as when you're in combat the only speed you usually have is sprint.
9. Summoning Mastery - PBAE enhancement to pets. Hardly a massive boost to your standard open-field rvr battle, is it? But it's a nice overpowered ability for animist-fuelled PvE.

Speedwarp doesnt affect SoS.

Summoning Mastery doesnt affect shrooms and theurgist pets afaik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom