First Date

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Big G
Agreed, cinema is too silent and awkward for a first date imo; and like i said, quiet drink is best before splashing on a meal.

G

A cinema is ok if its a 15 min nice walk from campus up the highstreet. Plenty of time to natter en route, and window shopping extends the time exponentially. :)

O

old.tRoG

I used to take them to a nice pub, or, failing that, a restraunt. Nothing too fancy though, that just makes me feel uncomfortable :(

S

S-Gray

wow he said a dead long word there, exont... expont.. wow! its always a hard word to say!

1tchy trigger

Take her to McDonalds and then slip her the tongue - Dundonian girls are that easy I tells ya!

L

leggy

Originally posted by 1tchy trigger
Take her to McDonalds and then slip her the tongue - Dundonian girls are that easy I tells ya!

I don't want to give away all my moves on the first date. Anyway, this was not supposed to be an advice thread god dammit.

I aer not mobius!111!

*wubs mob*

L

leggy

Originally posted by Wij
You know wher you should REALLY take her :)

On a side note. I actually did go out with someone at the weekend. This idea, wij, would be ok in a perfect world but it turns I know her big brother.

Funnily enough he is the same big brother who gave me a bit of a kicking at a party once. He also hates me with a passion that only americans who hate bush know about.

I always meet the dangerous ones I tell thee.

J

Jupitus

I guess it depends on age and intentions.... for younger folks I'd suggest the cinema as it gives a solid distraction and common interest, but for the pub-goers among you a nice friendly pub with relaxing (ie not blasted) music would be a top choice.

To be honest I don't think it makes a jack of difference. If you're going to get along well you'll know from the start regardless of all the other parameters.

Oh.. and Summo, I spotted your closet hairdressing reference straight away too :)

S

S-Gray

Originally posted by leggy
On a side note. I actually did go out with someone at the weekend. This idea, wij, would be ok in a perfect world but it turns I know her big brother.

Funnily enough he is the same big brother who gave me a bit of a kicking at a party once. He also hates me with a passion that only americans who hate bush know about.

I always meet the dangerous ones I tell thee.

I guess thats the "Scottish way" isnt it? Living dangerously and all ;)

and.. wtf?! Americans hate Bush?! But.. but... but.... BUSH RULES?

L

leggy

Originally posted by S-Gray
BUSH RULES

You are learning fast young paduan. Don't underestimate a ginger one.

Or something equally geeky.

S

S-Gray

A gingerman with a ginger-skirt and no ginger underwear?

Whats a Paduan? Is it like a big white bear with black spots and eyes and lives in China?

D

Deadmanwalking

He was referring to his date at the weekend, which you summed up nicely S-Gray.

B

Brass Monkeys

Originally posted by Summo
Not in Basildon, you don't. You're lucky to find a teenager without a child. Your idea of a date is if she doesn't press charges in the morning. Come up to Chelmsford, fella. Finch's (now Lonsdale) is in Duke Street.

Up here the girls wear underwear and the men wear Jean-Paul Gaultier, 'Le Male'.

Southend [Essex] aint that much better!

Duke Street .. aint that where that nightclub called "Dukes" is? funny that, is it still there?. .. aint been there for years.

S

Summo

Yeah, it's still there and still shite, I imagine. I too, haven't been there in years.

M

Mellow-

Oh Summo's from Essex ... that explains a great deal :p

Users who are viewing this thread