First Date

L

leggy

Was thinking about this the other day.

Where do you guys take women on the first date? Take them somewhere to talk? spend a bit of money on a meal? Cinema?

Everyone probably has a different idea and some feedback from the female community would be useful. Where do you like to be taken? (erk)

Y

Yoni

Personally I wouldn't go with the cinema idea - not exactly somewhere you can find out about each other.

I would go either with a drink in a quiet pub or if you know them a little for a nice meal :clap:

B

Big G

My previous girlfriend, i took her to the "Three Sisters" in Edinburgh for lunch and a glass of wine. Dumped her 3 weeks later.

My current girlfriend of over 2 years, she came over to my house where I put on some nice music and we have a bottle of wine together. The drunkeness loosened us up and we got chatting. Once the "get to know you a little better" was over, I took her out for dinner after that because I can't eat when i'm nervous: i'm scared i may spray food everywhere whilst talking. Since we had already chatted lots, it made the "going out for dinner" a lot more relaxed and I really enjoyed it.

G

M

~Mobius~

Not to great with the ladies ;) ...but they seem to like post restauraunts or walks in the park.

B

Big G

Originally posted by Yoni
Personally I wouldn't go with the cinema idea - not exactly somewhere you can find out about each other.

I would go either with a drink in a quiet pub or if you know them a little for a nice meal :clap:

Agreed, cinema is too silent and awkward for a first date imo; and like i said, quiet drink is best before splashing on a meal.

G

W

whipped

What's a date?

Oh right, those of those things I ask women out on and they say no. Got it ;)

T

Tenko

1st date should always be a restaurant, for a start you can cover up actually asking them out with:

"a friend told me of a great restaurant, you fancy trying it out, my treat" :p

Not that I'd know, I ain't taken the wife out on a date for about 7 years :D

L

leggy

That would cost me a fortune. Been on 4 since I split up with the aussie girl I was seeing and they have all been shit. Second date is a different story though.

S

S-Gray

I had some "experiences" which where, "very nice" yesterday :D... just ended up being in a quiet carpark in the middle of Warrington...

Also been with her a bit today to have fun.. again in my car.

Oh joy :D

S

]SK[

Originally posted by Yoni

Thats the idea...

L

leggy

Originally posted by S-Gray
I had some "experiences" which where, "very nice" yesterday :D... just ended up being in a quiet carpark in the middle of Warrington...

Also been with her a bit today to have fun.. again in my car.

Oh joy :D

Well no one can accuse you of being classy :D

L

leggy

FFS listen to me when I say this.

I only threw her down the stairs as an ice breaker. Shame she broke her arm instead. :/

X

xane

I go to the cinema/theatre then a meal afterwards, the film/play gives you something to chat about, and even if nothing comes of it you end up having a nice time anyways.

S

Sar

Me and the wife spent our first few dates round hers.

Which is now also mine natch.

:)

C

Custodian

A comedy club.
Either puts you both in a good mood or you both have summat to slate afterwards if it was rubbish (which it rarely is). You get to test her sense of humour as well, which they need if they are gunna spend time with me :(

L

L_Plates

Originally posted by Tenko

Not that I'd know, I ain't taken the wife out on a date for about 7 years :D

Ahh married life :)

T

Trem

I only date prostitutes and they like WHATEVER THE FUCK I TELL EM TOO!!:eek:

C

caLLous

And you pay them WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY TELL YOU TO!!

S

Summo

There'a nice little bar in the centre of town called Finch's with sofa's and stuff. (Though it's now called Lonsdale and they've removed the sofa's, but I digress...)

This is my favourite first-date first-location. Very comfortable, small and stylish. It's a bit more pricey than surrounding pubs, but that keeps the clientele respectable, with carefully ruffled haircuts and jackets from Camden. There's always a bubbly atmosphere but no music playing so you can talk and laugh and flirt and it feels good. It's in easy walking distance to clubs and restaurants so I can make a judgement call on where we move on to, or just plain ask what she fancies.

Last time I went there on a date we didn't go anywhere else except my place and we've now been going out for seven months.

\o/

Cinema's, theatres and the like have got to be a huge no-no - they're the ultimate easy, low-risk and ultimately pointless first dates. I feel a first date needs to be a fun, relaxed affair, with plenty of talking and listening and laughing and talking and flirting and laughing. Not sat next to each other in silence watching other people.

J

Jonaldo

What's a date? Down here in South-East Essex I don't think we have those.

S

Summo

Not in Basildon, you don't. You're lucky to find a teenager without a child. Your idea of a date is if she doesn't press charges in the morning. Come up to Chelmsford, fella. Finch's (now Lonsdale) is in Duke Street.

Up here the girls wear underwear and the men wear Jean-Paul Gaultier, 'Le Male'.

S

S-Gray

Originally posted by leggy
Well no one can accuse you of being classy :D

thankyou! thankyou! i do my best to impress you know!...

Altho now she wants to take things slow... which has uhhhhh confused me considering we've already done most of the "interestin" stuff...

WOMEN! THEY ARE CONFUSING!

C

caLLous

Originally posted by Summo
You're lucky to find a teenager without a child. Your idea of a date is if she doesn't press charges in the morning.
Heh heh Summo. :D

M

Mellow-

Originally posted by leggy
Was thinking about this the other day.

Where do you guys take women on the first date? Take them somewhere to talk? spend a bit of money on a meal? Cinema?

Everyone probably has a different idea and some feedback from the female community would be useful. Where do you like to be taken? (erk)

A quiet pub, one that's close to other places though. Then just giving the girl a chance to choose where she'd like to go next. Pub's always good first, not a noisy one though, you do want to be able to get to know her better.

Y

Yoni

Originally posted by S-Gray
thankyou! thankyou! i do my best to impress you know!...

Altho now she wants to take things slow... which has uhhhhh confused me considering we've already done most of the "interestin" stuff...

WOMEN! THEY ARE CONFUSING!

[Hijack]

Heh what she means is S-Gray by slow is she dosn't want to feel sufforcated. She still wants to have a little space - which is natural. This rarely has anything to do with how far the physical side of your relationship has gone.

[/Hijack]

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by whipped
What's a date?

Oh right, those of those things I ask women out on and they say no. Got it ;)
Put yourself a singles ad in the news, nobody will notice ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom