First Cohort Albs in the Gorge today

T

thebinarysurfer

Nice play guys - after hammering us the first time, beating us narrowly the second time (your howls of victory are were well deserved), and finally we won the third time (gj on the purges Deams mate).

Enjoyed it thouroughly and well fought - wish more of my rvr was like that.

My hat off to you sirs <bows> :D

1Jesta

what autarkis isnt saying is that our druid went to respec his RA's after the 2nd time to get group purge , LOL :)

gg :clap:

O

old.Wildfire

Second time was nasty, only a couple of us spotted your group, then you were behind us and i ended up doing my big run-in-circles-from-3-nasty-tanks routine :p

Our driver must have been asleep :) we ran ALONGSIDE 3fg of Llaw + friends later on, about 10 feet away, for about 10-15 seconds and neither party spotted each other... I was expecting AE mezz and insta-death at any moment so I bolted one of them in the end and got us all killed :m00: clevar me. P.S group purge = wasted against albs, due to our ubar lack of CC :( my sorc-ish dress seems to get me labelled as primary target pretty quickly though in fights :p

A

alithiel50

Wasn't asleep... I was looking off to the other side! :rolleyes:

And I forgot to remind you to post that piccie before you logged.... Do it now! ;)

A

alme

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
Ah well done!

The hib response to 1fg of FC... http://www.teamshs.com/wildfire/daoc/hibskillz.jpg

This is, tragically, the way 90% of our gorge trips end. Hibs defeating us using nothing but raw skill. <coughs>

If theres standing hibs at ligen w8ing to fill their grps so they can go to emain, do u think theyll come out 1 by 1 so u can kill them nice and easy ?

O

old.Wildfire

yes... and if you could remove your armour too... does it really take that many of you to kill 1fg of albs?

A

alme

didnt say it takes that many, im saying all of them wants a piece of the cake. But i can agree on that its very boring.

O

old.Zarko

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
Ah well done!

The hib response to 1fg of FC... http://www.teamshs.com/wildfire/daoc/hibskillz.jpg

This is, tragically, the way 90% of our gorge trips end. Hibs defeating us using nothing but raw skill. <coughs>

Maybe we should make a rule that says, only run from Ligen when there is no invaders - to prevent mini zergs. That way Druim Cain would begin being populated..

And about organised zergs to take out 1fg albs = not likely to happen. Too many to share the Rps.

Might occur to you that Ligen is the way all hibs go to come to Emain - don't flatter yourself beliving they are there for you..

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by old.Zarko
Might occur to you that Ligen is the way all hibs go to come to Emain - don't flatter yourself beliving they are there for you..
Someone can't see the humour..... :rolleyes:

Besides, it's you who is flattering us by sending out these sort of forces to deal with us.... If you're not careful you'll inflate our egos and we'll start to think we're uber or something! :p

And about organised zergs to take out 1fg albs = not likely to happen. Too many to share the Rps.
Precisely... so why don't you come on out with 1-2fg at a time when we're roaming as 1fg. Test your (and our) skills in battle rather than relying on numbers and brute force. It's more fun for all involved!

<throws down the gauntlet>

The best (ie most fun) skirmishes are those that start off with roughly even numbers, and end up with only 1-2 people standing from one side! Even if you're among the first to fall, you can shout encouragement to your group and watch others using every ounce of skill they possess and every trick they know to survive....

G

gwal

hmm, strangely enough that pic reminds me of the hib response to me, breaker, and stick, the amazingly frightening 3 man army :)

we got 11 before they zerged the hell out of us with 2 FG or something tho, quite fun :)

T

talivarevil

I agree with FC if they come with 1fg send 1fg to beat them but............. reverse that issue and to them i say if i come solo then u should fight me solo :)

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by talivarevil
I agree with FC if they come with 1fg send 1fg to beat them but............. reverse that issue and to them i say if i come solo then u should fight me solo :)
OMG!... Talivar agreed with me!

<faints>

<gets back up>

I think we already said (on another thread) that next time we run into you solo, we'll have 'one of the lads' step out and duff you up while the rest of us stand, and watch, and chuckle.... ;)

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by alithiel50

so why don't you come on out with 1-2fg at a time when we're roaming as 1fg.

At Ligen, there are no organised groups. There's only people LFG and incomplete groups waiting for incoming people, and I'd say usually 20% there is afk. When 1 group leaves, it's expecting to join the fights at Emain, not run into a fg Albs right outside the door, so usually they're easy prey (afk peeps, not yet buffed peeps, peeps waiting to join at crim, etc). You gank them, so they pm their mates and /as says 'albs camping DL' and before you know it, everybody -grouped and ungrouped alike- runs out to kill you and res the hibs.

If you want to fight good organised groups, look in Emain, or Breifine. That's where Hib groups go once they're ready. And if they gang up on you there, it's usually because there's 3fg of your friends who decided to run alongside you ( ;

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
At Ligen, there are no organised groups. There's only people LFG and incomplete groups waiting for incoming people, and I'd say usually 20% there is afk. When 1 group leaves, it's expecting to join the fights at Emain, not run into a fg Albs right outside the door, so usually they're easy prey (afk peeps, not yet buffed peeps, peeps waiting to join at crim, etc). You gank them, so they pm their mates and /as says 'albs camping DL' and before you know it, everybody -grouped and ungrouped alike- runs out to kill you and res the hibs.

So, what you're saying here is that the majority of Hib groups leaving DL enter the Frontier - a war zone - without being ready and prepared for a fight? :rolleyes:

I can picture the scenario:

Hib 1: Albs!
Hib 2: I need to buff us!
Hib 3: Why didn't you do it before we left?

Reminds me of a family holiday Scenario:

10 mins into journey
Child: I need to pee!
Dad: Why didn't you do it before we left?

:D

Any group running into us unbuffed an unprepared should learn the lesson and come back out, on their own, fully buffed and prepared to put up a good fight. It will earn them alot more respect, whether they win or lose, than whining to their mates and gathering a Zerg..... and they'll probably have a lot more fun into the bargin!

T

thebinarysurfer

Lol sadly 1-1 fights dont happen often - which is why i enjoyed ours so much. :D

O

old.Nol

that's quite funny...it's wasn't 1fg on levi ridge that stepped out the night before. We were taking down your FG, it seemed to coincide with a FC spawn pop and we got wasted by a mini flood of brown checks.

T

Treniel-

i'm home to protect u from the nasty tanks my ginger friend!

K

K0nah

Originally posted by old.Nol
that's quite funny...it's wasn't 1fg on levi ridge that stepped out the night before. We were taking down your FG, it seemed to coincide with a FC spawn pop and we got wasted by a mini flood of brown checks.

Someones ripped off our colors so... ;)

E

Ensceptifica

So, what you're saying here is that the majority of Hib groups leaving DL enter the Frontier - a war zone - without being ready and prepared for a fight? :rolleyes:

I can picture the scenario:

Hib 1: Albs!
Hib 2: I need to buff us!
Hib 3: Why didn't you do it before we left?

Uhm yeah, that's exactly how it is actually :)

Any group running into us unbuffed an unprepared should learn the lesson and come back out, on their own, fully buffed and prepared to put up a good fight. It will earn them alot more respect, whether they win or lose, than whining to their mates and gathering a Zerg..... and they'll probably have a lot more fun into the bargin!
Aye, wouldn't that be nice. But some people don't go to RvR to learn tactics and get respect. They just log on, group some peeps and run off as fast as they can to Emain to join the slaughter. Same as Albs and Mids really. Only difference is that because most of the RvR is in Emain, Hibs just run off 1 by 1 or in small groups through their own frontier, while Albs and Mids port there as a big mob. I'm sure if all the action was in Hadrian's and a CBH group would camp Sauvage, we'd experience the same thing you are describing (except we wouldn't get killed :p )

Maybe you should learn the lesson that if someone gets bushwacked while all of his mates are having pie 10 seconds away from you, you can expect all of them to come and get you ( ;
It's good that you seek out 1fg vs 1fg action, bravo, but EVERYONE will attempt to help out his fellow realmies when they are in trouble nearby. Comparison: I've never seen a FC group encountering 1fg albs fighting 1fg hibs, and just running off thinking "oh it's a fair 8vs8, let's leave em" ( ;

O

old.Wildfire

We've never actually managed 2fg of pure FC. Ever. We just dont have enough regular (and willing to stick around for more than 30 mins) members for it. I think the occasion you speak of is when we got together with some HB and had two sets of 1fg working completely seperately in breifine / gorge, but talking to each other the whole time so that if one got into trouble, the other could come and gank whatever hibs were left over (or stay away in the case of a zerg, to come along and res once they'd gone).

On one occasion I can remember us bringing 2fg made up of roughly 1fg of FC and the rest of random other guilds, and it didnt really work out because a) people didnt know how to work together b) there weren't enough RPs to go around, and c) after our first gank, hibs came out as 3fg twice (managed to beat them twice too, was quite proud of that) then zerged us with 5+ fg's to send us home. Since then, you're very unlikely to see us as any more than independant groups.

And yes talivar if you come out solo we will fight you solo :p

To ensceptifica: When we gank, we move straight away, within I'd say 10 seconds of the last hib going down. You don't have to remind us that there are quite a few hibs nearby who would love to add our rps to their collections :)

W

Wuren

Whats with this talk about albs beating other realms with lesser ppl? :p never seen it happen yet :clap:

O

old.Zarko

Precisely... so why don't you come on out with 1-2fg at a time when we're roaming as 1fg. Test your (and our) skills in battle rather than relying on numbers and brute force. It's more fun for all involved!

<throws down the gauntlet>

Don't think you see me in zergs......

T

thebinarysurfer

I didnt intend this to be a winge thread. Bugger off elsewhere and whine :D
If FC got hit by 3fg of hibs then they got hit by 3fg of hibs - they certainly didnt with us - we came out totally on our lonesome each time with nobody in clip range. And we didnt message anyone and scream 'quick come in force first cohort are here' or anything like it :p

Incidentally alya is right - very rarely are there coherent chat groups up to enable people to scream '1fg vs 1fg fight - stay outta it', and even if there were its unlikely many of the hibs would be unable to control they're RP hornyness and stay out of it. Sad but true :)
And a good the answer to this is to use your stealthers as scouts more - too many invader groups in the gorge dont use them as anything more than light tanks. The ones who use them for intel and recon (picking targets etc) we almost never catch because they know where we are most of the time.

Now stop whineing like kicked puppies :p

O

old.Wildfire

I should point out that we're not seriously whining about getting zerged, it happens in direct proportion to our success (usually) so we normally get whats coming to us in the end :) the pic above was an occasion though where we'd ganked 2fg and that lot came out to get us as a result :p overkill!

T

thebinarysurfer

Have to say though - seeing 'XXX was killed by aussie/alpha/wildfire/quicksilver etc does bring hibs out rather sharpish in force - have to say i usually cant be arsed to go on a gorge hunt for a buncha people who i haven't even been killed by before :) My point - fame and success hath it's privileges, but also it's perils.

O

old.Wildfire

"have to say i usually cant be arsed to go on a gorge hunt for a buncha people who i haven't even been killed by before"
can change that :p

C

cbh_skyrie

Awww couldn't find myself on that picture. I know I was there tho. If you camp our only way to Emain that's what you end up with. I don't intend on sparing any1 camping gorge in any ways - not even grey cons.

Users who are viewing this thread