Firewall query

Tilda

Right, ive been getting some funny spikes at the moment.
The main problems seem to be:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=219&stc=1

These 2 things, seem to be hogging loads of bandwidth, each time I get a lag spike these 2 things bandwidth indicators go up.
They don't seem to ever put out anything, just have stuff sent to them.
These processes seem to start on startup. I tried deleting the NDIS thingy but it popped up again after a reboot :(
I've run my virus scanner and Adaware and it hasn't found anything funny with them. Simply, I want to know how to stop them or get rid of them as they make me lag :(

Suggestions?

/edit also cant get picture to go full size in post :(

Tilda

Attachments

• odd net access.JPG
    odd net access.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 37

Tom

I am a FH squatter

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
the first one is part of a network device or setting, i've seen it referred to within Bluetooth and Wireless devices, might be worthwhile "disabling" wireless and see if that clears up (i think its the service "Wireless Zero Configuration" within services.msc in the run command)

the second reminds me of Nortons Personal Firewall (i presume this is what your running)
i know most norton programs these days will go out and automatically try to auto-update themselves with the main server, if this is the case it might be running an automatic "liveupdate" without you knowing about and bogging the network card down doing its update...

might be worthwhile disabling any Liveupdates that are scheduled or automatic and see if the problem disappears.

*goes to sleep*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom