Firefox Updated

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I got so fed up with the constant updates and the fact it bloated out my processor time I'm now on Chrome.
Seems to be more customisation with Firefox, but @ teh end of the day I just want a browser that is light & fast

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Well i'm using Opera, so screw you guys!

*read that in Cartman's voice, obviously.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
You know Chrome updates itself constantly by using a background system process right? :cautious:

Yes, which is brilliant as my mum is always as secure as she can be (browser-wise) without being pestered everyone week by Firefox. Of course Mozilla have (finally) got Firefox doing silent upgrades, something they should have done before moving to a rapid release cycle.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yes, which is brilliant as my mum is always as secure as she can be (browser-wise) without being pestered everyone week by Firefox. Of course Mozilla have (finally) got Firefox doing silent upgrades, something they should have done before moving to a rapid release cycle.
Depends really on whether you like your PC doing things without telling you or not. I prefer the "I can choose to allow my PC to do X" route personally.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Depends really on whether you like your PC doing things without telling you or not. I prefer the "I can choose to allow my PC to do X" route personally.

I used to like that when I could tell it was doing something, but computers are suitably fast these days that I don't notice it doing an update. Nor do I care if it uses t'Internet as it's pretty unlikely it'd ever cause anything I'm doing to slow down

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
To be honest, personally I would rather it all went down the linux route and there was one fully integrated update service for everything but that's unlikely to ever happen on Windows.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
MYstIC G said:
You know Chrome updates itself constantly by using a background system process right? :cautious:

In your opinion.

Yes and the fact that chrome updates and you don't notice plus it's not a resource hog and Firefox is slower.

So there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom