Firefox Extensions

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
-- Well, assuming that you've managed to get to an extensions page under the current upgrade load, what extensions do you run for Firebird/fox?

I recommend http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/ for getting extensions at the moment, since Texturiser is pretty much dead.

My extensions list, strimmed back because of a fresh install when 0.8 came out, is as follows:
  • Web Developer Toolbar/Context Menu
  • Ad-Block (Allows you to selectively block images, image sources, iframes etc. I don't indescriminantly block all ads ;))
  • Flash "Click To View"
  • User Agent Selector
  • DOM Inspector
  • All-In-One Gestures
  • Text/Plain URL/Email links
  • IEView (Open page in IE)
  • Bookmark Backup

Yourselves? I'm also eagerly awaiting the TextArea spell checker :D

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
shovel why are you using flash "click to play" when adblock has a much finer tuned way off dealing with it ?

oh and i got :
All-in-one-gustures
popup count
tabbrowser extensions
adblock

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hello

I'm pretty light on extentions at the mo, but two useful one's I've found (well, Shovel pointed me towards the first) are Bookmark Backup and Copy Image. The former makes a daily backup of your Firefox bookmarks (you can specify a folder too), and the former allows you to copy images from webpages into your clipboard (something oddly missd out thus far). Both seem to be working without any special Firefox update, which is more than can be said for my Luna Blue theme :( hehe

Kind Regards

Quige

Fledgling Freddie
I'm running Tab Browser Extensions, All-in-one-gestures, Text/Plain URL/Email links, IEView, User Agent Selector, Copy Image, Things they left out, Freddyhouse Menu and a few others.

Most of them seem to have come through the upgrade fine, though that may be because I've been keeping up with the latest 0.8 build, and have been religiously installing extensions into my profile.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Ch3tan said:
TBE and thats all :)

I used to run this, and then found it was the problem of my "any new window takes fucking ages to open OR close" problem. I even tried fiddling options all over it but only disabling it made the problem go away. Retried with the latest in FireFox too IIRC. Still, I found out I didn't really NEED anything in TBE anyway, so good riddance to it :p.

I have Ad-Block too, and am pondering ditching my Junkbuster proxy now (as I no longer live with other people who'd be benefitting from it). Anyone else find it sometimes takes two goes at blocking something ?

Oh yeah and I have the User Agent switcher in still, from when it was useful for checking Eve ingame pages quickly.

-Ath

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
I've not had any issues with Adblock - I'm careful to add *s in the right places but it does seem to work straight away.

I got rid of Flash-Killer on the above recommendation, thanks for that. It was a pig to kill though...

Other than that I've added Tab Extensions as I had forgotten how much I disliked multiple browser windows... ;) The old bugs (like "click on stuff does nothing") seem to have gone, which is good :)

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Tabbrowser extensions, chatzilla, 'x', and adblock.
TBE is so very sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom