Firefox 4.0

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
been using google chrome with a few custom modifications for months, got sick of firefox being shit.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Compared to the last version before 4.0 it is way too fussy

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Anyone else think it's useless and a pain in the ass to use ?
Yes.
The change from 3.x to 4.0 was too much of a jolt. A bunch of stuff stopped working right for me (some web apps, Flash image viewers, profile sync stuff), so I ditched FF4 and went to Chrome.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
it is waaaay bloated and slow when I open some flash stuffs. it's older brother could handle tonnes of open tabs. this current 4 version can only handle about 10.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I don't get why they mess with a good thing im tempted to use chrome now as its basically a clone of what FF3.x was

Helme

Resident Freddy
It's fine for me, except for the fact that for some reason its caused image persistence in my screen, vague outlines of the bookmark bar and the orange Firefox thing. Guess it'd happen with any other program anyways since the screen is is fairly old, but still annoying.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
I'm waiting for Chrome to support ff 4 bookmark / history imports etc, i'm too lazy to downgrade. But FF is shit now, fucking slow resource hog, plugin container sucks and flash always crashs.

New "in" is soon to be chrome Id think.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
it was a bit of a bitch when I first got it but settling into it now and it's running fine, but I really did prefer the other version.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
thye keep sending me pop ups to D/L v4...so far I've not upgraded....not sure I want FF even more bloated than it already is

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
aye...don't think I'll bother. Quite happy with how it is TBH

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
What the fuck? Firefox 4 is much lighter and quicker than 3.6, and better in pretty much every way imaginable.

TdC

What the fuck? Firefox 4 is much lighter and quicker than 3.6, and better in pretty much every way imaginable.

you're kidding right? well, if that is indeed the case, then it handles external things like flash in the most crappy manner possible :/

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If you're going on flash website you're either a teenage girl or a... bigger girl.

TdC

it's...um....for research purposes...

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Firefox is still slower than Chrome, not regretting switching to Chrome a few years ago :)

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
I'm well aware that they are gathering all my personal information and will one day replace me with some well obfuscated JavaScript.

TdC

javascript eh, how low you rate yourself :(

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Heed my warning, you too will end up as nothing more than an extension to Chrome.

TdC

how do you know you're not actually having a conversation with the googlecloud right this minute? :D

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
it is waaaay bloated and slow when I open some flash stuffs. it's older brother could handle tonnes of open tabs. this current 4 version can only handle about 10.
Then your setup sucks. I've no such issues.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
PS: Chromium > Chrome

TdC

lol did you really say that? I installed firefox to get the hell away from chromium :/

and maybe my setup does suck. however I note that currently ff4 with one tab open and just ad-block running consumes about 150MB. I hesitate to see what happens when I actually start browsing with it. ergo, it is shit.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Chromium with Adblock on Netbook with Ubuntu = super speedy boot to browse (even with that POS called Unity).

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Getting major problems with flash here in both Chrome and Firefox 4.0 in the last month or so.

Maybe they changed something with flash?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom