Firebird tabbed browsing.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Right my install of firebird is slowing down. I am sure this is mainly due to Tab browser extensions.

Has anyone tried any of the other tab browsing extensions, and do any actually work? All I want is the ability to open links in new tabs by default.

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
I just use the standard tab-browsing features of Firebird, and click on links with the middle mouse button to open them in a new tab.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
I briefly tried one of the other tab browser extensions and found it had significantly fewer features.

TBE does slow it down, and appears to introduce a few click bugs as well, which is a great shame. I still use them though.

Fatty's suggestion is all well and good, though obviously if you have your middle mouse button remapped to something else then you can find yourself in difficulty. Personally mine is mapped to Refresh. I'm tempted to offload that to a mouse gesture though, it's hard to call*

Are there any new ones? The other thing to check could be if there's a new release of TBE?

I'm not aware of any new tab features appearing in Firebird 0.8, sadly. I do love being able to have everything automatically openning in tabs, "single Window mode" or whatever it is they call it :)

* Going off topic: Mapping the mouse to refresh also refreshes in the rest of Windows, and I happen to have a bug in XP that buggers the thumbnail view of pictures, the thumbnail appears pixelated and half size, refreshing restores it to normal ;)

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I use the TBE from Shimoda Hiroshi (I don't know which others there may be). I've noticed no slowdown and find it very useful, especially the undo close tab.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah it things like undo close tab that really make it stand out.

Shame that it will open a new window sometimes before closing it and openeing it as a tab instead. Just little irritations like that, and sluggishness when you are working with a lot of tabs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom