firebird adblock

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
http://adblock.mozdev.org/

If you dont have it installed yet, what are you waiting for?
It can be setup to block right about anything.
You can block urls with wildcards it blocks flash, iframes and all image types you want.

Making the 'click to play flash' pluging useless with the added bonus you can now block the flash adds but not flash site navigation ect.

check it out!

btw to disable the 'click to play flash' pluging just remove its entry in the userContent.css file.

If you where already using it feel free to flame me a bit ;)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
cheers m8

Downloaded and installed, but seem to have a strange "sideeffect"

Posted pictures in threads no longer displayed (on this and other forums) plus certain buttons are no longer displayed.

e.g. Post Reply button.

Managed to adjust the settings (In Firebird) to display some (not all) of the pictures but not the buttons.

Any suggestions?

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Tools -> Adblock preferences

You'll have a list of blocked files in there, go through to make sure you aren't blocking anything needed.

If that doesn't sort it, can you get to the pictures by sticking the url into a new tab?

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
RandomBastard said:
What is firebird and why is it so magnificant?

Firebird is pretty, and it's magnificent because it's like IE, only better in every respect.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Scooba da Bass said:
Firebird is pretty, and it's magnificent because it's like IE, only better in every respect.

That doesnt answer my first question... what is it.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
RandomBastard said:
That doesnt answer my first question... what is it.
Jonty said:
Firebird is a stand-alone web browser.

:p hehe. I wouldn't go quite as far as to say it's better than IE in every respect, because I don't believe, but it certainly is rather impressive (it's my default browser, for what it's worth). Give it a whirl if you're free :)

Kind Regards

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
RandomBastard said:
Ops sorry didnt see your post jonty only summos.

You must have bloody good eyes - Summo hasnt posted in this thread :twak:

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Technation Webby - suggestion

ohh firebird be spinky might keep it for a while to see if it is better than ie.

Quige

Fledgling Freddie
I used to be an Opera fan, even registered it, but I've been seduced away to Firebird.

I'd tried it before and not quite liked the way it handled tabs, but I read about the extensions you can plug into it and found tabbrowser extensions http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/_tabextensions.html.en, and been using it ever since.

Be sure to check out http://extensionroom.mozdev.org or http://texturizer.net/firebird/extensions/ for lots more ways to tweak it or add functionality.

I find the mouse gestures a pretty good add-in too.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
I like the "open window in new tab" thing means i can have only one browser window.

Edit : Anyone know how to get clickable links and in things like irc opened in firebird?

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
RandomBastard said:
I like the "open window in new tab" thing means i can have only one browser window.

Edit : Anyone know how to get clickable links and in things like irc opened in firebird?

I presume you're using Mirc, since it's one of the few irc clients to have it's own option with regards to internet browsing. Somewhere in the options is a textbox to set the path to your browser of choice, you'll need to amend that to Firebird (or get a better irc client heh). As for other links, most things will open in FB as long as it's set to your default browser (Tools -> Options -> General -> Click the Default browser option). The only thing I've found that won't open in Firebird by default is the Update Windows tool present in 2K/XP.

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
Can you set firebird to have multiple homepages?
What I mean is, when I open it up, can it load several different sites each in a different tab automatically?

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
TedTheDog said:
Can you set firebird to have multiple homepages?
What I mean is, when I open it up, can it load several different sites each in a different tab automatically?

Yup, in the homepages box seperate each site with a | voila, new tabs for each address.

TedTheDog

hoh baby!
Ta scoobs.

Btw, who's the girly in yer avatar? I knew a girl who looked exactly like that a while ago and frankly, I was wondering if it was her!

TedTheDog

Nope, not her, but rather nice none the less. Good choice.

Quige

Fledgling Freddie
Scooba da Bass said:
Yup, in the homepages box seperate each site with a | voila, new tabs for each address.

Or open all the pages you want to have, and goto the homepage options and click the 'Use Current Pages' button. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom