Fins

O

old.Kerosene

I'm having some real difficulty getting into any kind of Fins list. I'm a 46 warden and generally stick myself down as a healer because I'm high regrowth..

Anyway. The last few days I've been the first on the list but I've never got into the group. This is cool because I see the healers didn't leave so fine. However I have noticed a few disturbing things while there.

Why the hell do people invite lvl 50 chanters and leeches? What's with that? My friend was in the group last night and they were looking for AoE'rs. Instead of asking around the population of lvl 45-49 chanters/animists/edritches, they immediately said 'Let's get a lvl 50 chanter and his leech!'. Lvl 50's. Bugger off and let honest to god people level up please if someone is wanting a spot.

So.. the level 50 chanter leaves and I think yay, I'll get that leech spot now (except I wouldn't be leeching, I'd be healing). Oh no. The chanter leaves but the leecher stays in the group. I've seen this two days in a row now.

I know what some of you are thinking, 'Fins sucks, there's better xp and stuff out there at TS/EZ/blah'. Wrong. There is if you're in a guild. Not for unguilded people like me. The only groups I see get together for any kind of alternative xp are guild groups. This is prolly just bad luck though.

The only other issue I have with higher level xp'ing is creating groups. Now normally this isn't a problem but whenever I create a high level group, it's guaranteed the chanters and MR people will quite shortly say 'Sorry.. gotta go, my fins spot is up'. So I've kinda given up on that.

/end whine.

T

Tyka

Can't believe people still having these kind of troubles, ah well what can i say, make your own groups.

And if that does not work, try harder, because its the only way you will be satisfied with the xp you get.

I know because I've been there.

O

old.Kerosene

Aye, I know. But you'd think in the day of Galla lists and that sort of thing, people would be more considerate towards their fellow realmies :(

T

Tyka

Realmies? lol man, organise a relic raid, and you'll forgot you ever said that word, trust me.

This game is all about you and your friends having fun, forget everything else, just my tip.

A

adari

People consider fins as the best lvling spot for 40+. Why? Because you can just sit you ass down and moan at not being groupped to the guy who is the listkeeper.

Just make your own groups and go do stuff around the entrance of TS, or go to EZ, or go DF, or go crim fins, or CM... etc

L

LordjOX

loox like no one does random grps any more :/ haven't got a group all week, except guild xp groups. and im a fooking druid :<

F

finbahr

my mate was no2 on the fins list last night for mages a lvl 46 animist we went past as he was helping us do our epics ( \o/ finally got it) he noticed that the 2 mages in the group were not the mages who were there also found out the list holder had invited 2 guild mates instead SHAME ON YOU ! :) come on be fair with the list if it carries on this way when i get to fins level with my chanter i'm going to be pulling from the same mob just froma different side then see how the list holder comes on here flamming BE WARNED

J

Jayce_DA

It is just a group.

Fins are shit.

The GL can invite whoever he wants.

Fins are shit.

No one has a 'right' to a spot in any group.

Fins are shit.

As long as you dont interfere with mobs already pulled (this is considered griefing) you can pull from the same spot.

Fins are shit.

What about Warshades (3 spots) ? Siabra City ? Night fins ? Crim Fins ? Marfach ? Tur Suil ? Formor ? Crothom Gorge ? Azures ? Banshee's in the Bog of Cullen ? + many pther places to xp between 40-49 ?

Learn more about the realm you have chosen to play.

Oh, did I mention fins are shit?

O

old.SOSAGES

Fins are shit but sometimes they are just handy as a grp can always be found ..

the makers of the game should have more areas like the "fins tree" there is no reason not to or add a fucking bind stone to innis and make eveyrones life easier

ive been in focus fins lists and they are gay get ur self some tanks and pull them like that (normally a NS pulls) goes a lot faster in my opinion bshame the exp sucks but the pop rate is the best so no wonder people go there ..

more areas with that spawn rate are needed

if someone was only inviting guild mates or we had people pling alts in the grp id do my best to not let them in the grp or just generally be a slag and try and get them killed .. :)

keep the list..

O

old.Kerosene

Originally posted by old.Kerosene

I know what some of you are thinking, 'Fins sucks, there's better xp and stuff out there at TS/EZ/blah'. Wrong. There is if you're in a guild. Not for unguilded people like me. The only groups I see get together for any kind of alternative xp are guild groups. This is prolly just bad luck though.

The only other issue I have with higher level xp'ing is creating groups. Now normally this isn't a problem but whenever I create a high level group, it's guaranteed the chanters and MR people will quite shortly say 'Sorry.. gotta go, my fins spot is up'. So I've kinda given up on that.

/end whine.

I'd better just repeat myself for the hard of reading...

V

Vantros

i have to agree with Tyka most of us have been there.. and had to make up a group in order to xp.. although like u said about guilds etc it may be an idea to try and join a guild means that not only can u (in theory) xp better but u can also get an RvR group after u ding 50.. cos nowadays ita all guild groups.

I was on the fins list the other day at 10am and i was second on the list, well at 2pm i was 3rd... did i miss something, and that was on my lvl 43 warden

E

Esoteric

Wych Hazel 47 bardie always lfg.......

Can never find a group, focus pull groups rule hib with menta bot on the outside.

If anyone wants to get a high 40's group together 47ish plus then let me know, maybe we can get to 50 in a couple of days.

Chanters & Droods seem to be the only folk finding a group even then drood if hes/shes lucky. Which I find kinda sick, esp my mind goes :wall: when even a warden cant find a group.

V

VodkaFairy

Ask for the list keeper to give you some names, make a group with those people, and go to EZ. Exp is more than "signing up for a list" u know.

Agree with what Tyka said,, fun with friends is what its about..

W

Whandall

imho get a 2nd warden 2 chanters druid, bard and 2 tanks and try some knights - more exp and much more fun(and some wipes included)

E

Event

Who gives a shit who is at fins these days ffs!

Imo hib is now a free for all and peeps can do what the fuck they want anywhere anytime with exception of fucking up galla for planned FFA raids.

Some of us collect lvl50s like twisted badges of honour ;) - the rush to lvl 50 rvr is often an anticlimax when u faced with fotm and zergs - just get used to the new order.

Chanter nerf is imminent and though it wont stop focus it may reduce the number of high mob focus grps. If it doesnt then just get used to it or wimp out and roll a savage.

Nuff said - be original and have some fun!

V

vintervargen

about the 50 chanter thing, when ive put together/been in a PL grp lately, theres hardly been any 45+ pbaoer's online, exept for those already in fins.

D

dexa

its too easy to get lvl 50 and that comes from me that had to solo a ns on nerly every lvl abit all the way too lvl 47.

think the game would be more fun if all chars had to lvl more days too get ride of all warders :) and so on..

been said before but at "the old days" it was a pain but you had fun exping and screaming at pullers healers etc ;)

S

Sable

Originally posted by dexa been said before but at "the old days" it was a pain but you had fun exping and screaming at pullers healers etc ;) [/B]

Another thing about "the old days" ... people used to rvr even -without- being lvl 50, realm rank Stupid, and buffed to hell. Used to be a group of low 40's had a fighting chance, as long as they stayed out of Emain. Nowadays ... unless you're one of us freaks who likes PvE, you cap out of Caledonia, and there's really no option but to rush to 50.

Maybe the problem is those levels coming too cheap (think I had 40+ days /played before my first 50). Maybe it's just the idea that unless you're 50, you cannot rvr because everyone else will be -- which creates a nice, self-perpetuating sort of stupidity. In any case ... with zergs of sc'd-to-hell 50's overruning every inch of the frontiers, there's nothing out there for people levelling the old-fashioned way. So ... much as I hate it, I kinda understand why they don't.

<sigh> ... even nostalgia ain't like it used to be.

-- Sable "giving or receiving PL is against my religion" of The Kindred

O

old.Kerosene

VF has the right idea I think. I'll pester the list holder for some names and see if I can get a good old fashion sword and board group going in a couple of hours. I'm off to eat now.

btw, if you're interested in a sword and board EZ group starting at around 2pm UK Time then leave your name here and if you're in game I'll contact ya. Just a one off thing. Dunno what the level cap should be for deep EZ so just kinda be sensible. No lvl 33 Champs :p

A

Arrows

Fins should as it has been for along time run by the realm and for the realm.
It should be considered a spot for all and that there can be only one group there at a time.
The leador of the group is meaningless there is no group leader cept the list itself it decides who joins and who goes.
It worked well for a vvv long time any suggestions why it seems to have broken down only recently ?

by well i mean each week we didnt have someone moaning about fins and how chantas are there 50s are there and peops are jumping others up the list

V

Vladdie

Id gladly join the ez grp with my Druid- 2 bubs from 40, but heal specced so it should work.
If i can remember your name until i get home ill pm, otherwise mine is Neveragain :)

O

old.chipper

my NS is nearly always available for grp kerosene and i guarntee i wont EVER be going to fins because i dont bother signing onto the list these days cos its rarely ever adhered to

there are so many better spots than fins which are camped night and day and any sort of decent bonus vanished about 3 months ago (and plenty of quests out there)

but ya right all the "essential" classes get grped by fins grps or guild grps etc

and i personally cba anymore with people who die throw abuse at the healer and then quit the grp is just no need

so grping isnt that much fun when ya think about it

my advice get a guild and sort some raids out. there are alot of guilds busy pharming for foundations atm so lots of xp to be had youd be mad not to take the opportunity to get in on some

C

catchme

this is such whine, make a grp yourself, do /who enchant 43 49 and ask around, /who hero 43 49 etc etc etc
make grp do something useful instead of doing something we've all heard before.... whine

E

Event

Originally posted by catchme
this is such whine, make a grp yourself, do /who enchant 43 49 and ask around, /who hero 43 49 etc etc etc
make grp do something useful instead of doing something we've all heard before.... whine

Agreed - instead of checking the top of the list to see who has a group- PM them - dont get in - log in a huff, why dont u PM the solo peeps lfg and get one going yourself in the places that are better than fins.

Stop blaming focus and pull your finger out of your whinging butt!

O

old.Kerosene

Let's keep this friendly, eh?

I'll contact you guys in game. LFG isn't really much good because not many people use it from my experience. Rare if I can find more than one within my lvl range on there lfg.

O

old.Kerosene

9pm and it's a sword and board group. Sorry for those who I couldn't contact. I did try :(

I'm happier now. Thanks :)

C

Ceap

anyone remember when fins grp used to switch from day spawn to night spawn and back? used to keep that camp bonus at a decent level for longer (as well as waking up the sleeping wardens :p )

S

sigh

Ill do a group with you at crim fins, meet monday 10pm at crim fin, bring some friends:)

Users who are viewing this thread