Final Fantasy XV Release date

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
September 30th 2016

Also a feature length CGI movie incoming which will be free and a 5 part anime series which will also be free.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Very worried about it. They seem intent on ruining FF7 so I see no reason why this isn't fucked off the bat.

Will buy it ofc but it better not be shit.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't think they're ruining VII, the episodic thing they're doing was kind of needed because they're expanding the game a lot and as they put "It would simply be too big to release as a whole" as they're putting a lot of side content into it/much more focus on side missions etc and bits of story to help people fully understand the story behind VII.

Can't speak for XV full release but the 2 demos they've released so far have been great, I keep playing them despite them being demos.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
"In terms of clearing the main story, we're anticipating about 40-50 hours of gameplay," said Tabata. "At the very least there will be 40 hours of content to enjoy. But there are a lot of side quests and other extra things. With just the extra stuff alone, we're looking at maybe 100 hours of gameplay. So if you count all of that, maybe we're looking at around 200 hours of gameplay."

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
200 hours for whom? The completionists or the casuals? :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
200 hours for whom? The completionists or the casuals? :)

Depends what the side content is I guess, if the side content is anything like XII or X, I can see it living up to those 200 hours.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah i suppose so. But i'm not entirely convinced about that god of war (?) vibe XV puts out...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yeah i suppose so. But i'm not entirely convinced about that god of war (?) vibe XV puts out...

It still has some what a classic feel to it, they've made it so during your turns the game pauses, like classic 'WAIT', so if you fancy slower casual play you can do that. I'll likely be doing the WAIT thing during my first playthrough. The only thing that differs now really is that you can move throughout the battlefield, you still have an

Attack
Magic
Item

Menu, equipment, skills etc - so basically, if you want to play battles turn based, you can do that with the 'wait' system.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Trailer square put out today, tis rather good.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Impressive. Just goes to show how much work went into 15 and their desire to return to a none linear final fantasy game type.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
10 quid on lightning being there fucking everything up..

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Rumored to have been delayed until November the 30th - nothing official yet though.

update: Update August 15 - 3:04am:The global release of Final Fantasy XV has been delayed to November 29, 2016, Square Enix announced today. “From the moment we joined this project, our vision was to create a level of freedom and realism previously unseen in the series. Regrettably, we need a little bit more time to deliver on this vision and are confident that this new release date will help us achieve this,” said Hajime Tabata the game director. “As the director and lead of this project, I wish to personally apologize for the additional wait. As a team, we want Final Fantasy XV to achieve a level of perfection that our fans deserve. We kindly ask for your understanding.”

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I rather they delay and release a more polished game than a early buggy one. It also gives me additional time to save up for a PS4.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I rather they delay and release a more polished game than a early buggy one. It also gives me additional time to save up for a PS4.

Fully agree. I actually find it rather respectable that they're delaying it, most companies will be like "OMG GET IT OUT NOW WE WANT MONIES!" but Square aren't doing that.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Apparently it is open world at the start, then goes full corridor retard mode.

Bullet dodged, avoiding.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Apparently it is open world at the start, then goes full corridor retard mode.

Bullet dodged, avoiding.

Depends what there is to do during the open world period i guess, if the mini games are there, optional bosses etc I don't see the problem.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well the problem is that half the game is behind a gate so any side quests etc will have to be done without any items/equipment gained from the second half of the game. Side stuff should traditionally be done before the last boss, so that you have gained all the items throughout the game and made the strongest team possible for any particular side boss fight.

Its like they have taken on board what was wrong with the last few FF games, said yeah, we agree. Made a decent open world on the back of that, then couldn't resist making it a shitty corridor RPG for end game anyway.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Meh, we'll see I guess.. I'll reserve judgement until I've played it myself.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Sold my doorstop now so will only play it if it comes to PC.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Because in nearly 2 years of owning it I have bought precisely 1 game for it...which turned out to be shit anyway (PGA golf)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom