Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Open Beta / 17th

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Starts on the 17th @9am GMT (I think its 9am GMT anyway - or 16th if you were in previous beta phases) - if you are going to play it I suggest you do the phase 4 open beta (see below for reason) or if you just fancy a poke to see what its all about then do so as well.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Notes

- Open Beta ends on the 19th

- Characters are capped at level 20 during the Phase 4 Open Beta

- Characters will not be wiped when the beta ends, they will carry over to the live launch on the 27th (or earlier if you have early access) *NOTE* Square did say if anyone screwed the game and broke it during this open beta phase they may still wipe the open beta resulting in no characters going to the live launch *NOTE*

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Game is really meh.. Been in all the closed beta's, guess i just cant get used to Jrpg mmo :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Game is really meh.. Been in all the closed beta's, guess i just cant get used to Jrpg mmo :p

:) I can't get into jrpgs that much either nor could I get into the previous ff online (the older/first one) hoping I can get into this one tho as I'm a FF nerd/fanboy.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Got a friend playing the PS3 version as his PC isn't great right now and he says it's pretty good, personally I can't be bothered with it :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'll stream it from the 27th from level 1-until I quit (no jokes about level 2 you bastards :()

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Is it safe to admit that i've never played a final fantasy game, ever?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Is it safe to admit that i've never played a final fantasy game, ever?

I don't see why not, you've missed out tho, I suggest if you're into emulators to get an emulator for 1-10 (and 12) play them/some of them and see what all the fuss is about and remember the key to Final Fantasy games - Story.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I don't see why not, you've missed out tho, I suggest if you're into emulators to get an emulator for 1-10 (and 12) play them/some of them and see what all the fuss is about and remember the key to Final Fantasy games - Story.

Story and relating to real life issues.

Everz

FH is my second home

If it's any compensation, I half played 7 for about an hour and thought it was shit, but then, I am no gamer at all hah.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If it's any compensation, I half played 7 for about an hour and thought it was shit, but then, I am no gamer at all hah.

You dare insult the holy VII? I hope you get anally violated by a badger you little shit!

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
Have to admit i always was bored when playing Final Fantasy i normally lasted 1 hour max then gave game away to nephew who loved them.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I've just become a member of the 3102 club, error during open beta where you get disconnected randomly but it doesnt kick your character offline an there is no time out so you cant log back in again, dobut i'd get a response to a ticket before beta ends tomorrow :p I got to 20 at least ready for launch.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Seems that 3102 bug screwed the beta for over 22,000 people, just looked at the beta forums, theres a thread with over 2200 pages / 22000+ posts :p

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Seems that 3102 bug screwed the beta for over 22,000 people, just looked at the beta forums, theres a thread with over 2200 pages / 22000+ posts :p

whats the game like? As I've played the majority of ps1/ps2 FF games but never an MMO version; is it worth the $29,99 fee + $12,99 sub or however much it is.

I've tried reading up on it and I like support roles, only ones I can see are white mage for healing and bard for support songs ? But you have to be a lvl30 archer lvl15 conjurer to unlock the bard skill or something ?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
whats the game like? As I've played the majority of ps1/ps2 FF games but never an MMO version; is it worth the $29,99 fee + $12,99 sub or however much it is.

I've tried reading up on it and I like support roles, only ones I can see are white mage for healing and bard for support songs ? But you have to be a lvl30 archer lvl15 conjurer to unlock the bard skill or something ?

It's quite odd to explain, ECA could probably explain it better than me :p basically certain classes require you be at a certain level with multiple classes before it unlocks (example paladin = 30 gladiator/15 conjurer I believe) you can also take some abilities from classes you level, I could take protect and cure on my gladiator if I lvled a conjurer (I think its conj anyway) making it easier to solo/heal up after battles.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well so far the launch has been a right balls up

- Beta bugs that prevent you playing they claim to have fixed are still there
- They removed the queue system so if you try to login to servers that are full now even tho you have characters on it won't let you online
- Game crashes all the time
- Instance servers are broken preventing story quest progression
- Bots appearing already in the start areas

Good early access launch so far, played all of 3 hours so far out of almost 2 days :eek:

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Well so far the launch has been a right balls up

- Beta bugs that prevent you playing they claim to have fixed are still there
- They removed the queue system so if you try to login to servers that are full now even tho you have characters on it won't let you online
- Game crashes all the time
- Instance servers are broken preventing story quest progression
- Bots appearing already in the start areas

Good early access launch so far, played all of 3 hours so far out of almost 2 days :eek:

that's unfortunate since I was a) going to ask how it is and b) ask if you was going livestream.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
that's unfortunate since I was a) going to ask how it is and b) ask if you was going livestream.

I still will livestream it but the NDA isn't lifted yet (isn't lifted until the 27th when official launch happens)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Small update: now unable to make characters or join any server :p the only thing you can do is stare at the title screen because they still haven't added a queue system to the game and all servers are full.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Despite the problems during early access when the live date hit there wasn't a single problem (so far) bugs gone, queue problems gone, all other above issues gone basically... quite surprised.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I'd like to try it but the controls for the other one was a pain in the ass.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Seems like they are killing their own game, people can't play.

Agell

One of Freddy's beloved
Played for 4hrs, logged off cos I need sleep. It seems however that there is not an auto kick on idle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom