file recovery afgter format

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Does anyone have any experience with this?

lost about 60 hours worth of work and it would be great if I could get it back :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
There is loads of programs out there that can get most of your stuff back.

If you can't find any send me a PM.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
I use a program called Get Data back for most of my stuff. Its a pay for jobby (normal sources apply).

Just remember to recover to another drive, try not to install or add any data to the drive before you do recovery and allow it time, if theres a slow scan, use that and ignore it.

Not sure of any open source/free packages out there, but google that side and find something to suit.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've had successful experiences with Get Data Back myself.

Personally I'd say do nothing until Kryten read this post, he's super good at this sorta stuff.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Heard good things about Get Data Back, however for future reference you should try to never write to a drive you want to recover files from, as there's a good chances things will be overwritten in the process.

It's best to have an old drive lying around to recover on, but then it's best to backup your work!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Used these data recovery things a couple of times... they're pretty decent but very slow. And they can't recover everything, which is a pain. Better than losing everything though.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
thanks guys, but I only discovered there was a problem with the missing files after the machine had been formatted and then reinstalled upon.

I resigned myself to the fact that it was lost after reeading the don;t do anything with it posts, and started redrawing the full symbol schedules that I have lost.

Sucks to be me :p

Thanks again for the advice I will know for the future.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
thanks guys, but I only discovered there was a problem with the missing files after the machine had been formatted and then reinstalled upon.

I resigned myself to the fact that it was lost after reeading the don;t do anything with it posts, and started redrawing the full symbol schedules that I have lost.

Sucks to be me :p

Thanks again for the advice I will know for the future.

You can still try recovering your files after a format.

Search google for the program "recuva", it's free and with the in-depth search it finds a lot of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom