fights at beno

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ebenezer said:
and he prolly think the lot of you are muppets for caring so much about a game:) Thats what he is like.
either way the attitude he has towards others reflects his attitude irl regardless of medium; the person is the same.
The only difference being in a game he is willing to say it to peoples faces because there are no reprocussions for his actions, irl he will reconsider if it was a guy twice his size

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
either way the attitude he has towards others reflects his attitude irl regardless of medium; the person is the same.
The only difference being in a game he is willing to say it to peoples faces because there are no reprocussions for his actions, irl he will reconsider if it was a guy twice his size

Ok first of all take a look at the comments he receaved first in this thread chronic. What could he have possibly added to that kind of discussion? please, both you and i know he is doomed in this thread the minute he kills those soloers in game. It doesnt matter for them how he acts in rl or what he is like cause to them he is HATED just cause he kills them in rvr...cant you see the folly in that? And how many on this forum do you think would say the stuff they say here to a person in rl m8? Prolly about 5 %. personally il back anything i say here up in rl as im no different here or in game (socially and chatwise) then in rl. But then again i dont spew curses or make stupid comments nor judge poeple over how they play a freakin game. And people that cant see a difference between how you play a game and how you act in rl must really shrug themself and wonder what the heck happened to those braincells the day they started playing daoc...jeeez..
How many in this game do you know that acted acordingly ( 100%) to the so called honorable actions in this game. if you can name one im happy to hear that. If not im gonna ask you how you can ever be friends with such non honorable twats, since that is how your logic aplies in game.
over and out..

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
ok^^ Well i cant really make you like someone. But its sad to see a grown man( not sure if you are?) starting to hate people and call them retarded cause of playing a game.
I never said Hate. I said retarded - like there's something wrong in his head. A normal person would have told the sorc to stay back and tried a duel. Or let me be cos i'm a fair and respectable soloer, which at least he knew.

I'm not just talking about today. They have been ruining the fun for us who like this typ of play for a very long time...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Bonehead said:
I never said Hate. I said retarded - like there's something wrong in his head. A normal person would have told the sorc to stay back and tried a duel. Or let me be cos i'm a fair and respectable soloer, which at least he knew.

I'm not just talking about today. They have been ruining the fun for us who like this typ of play for a very long time...

If you really genuinely think that someone must have mental problems because they play the game differently to you then I'm afraid you're quite likely projecting - get a little empathy.

Maybe I'm reading you wrong and you're not just posting: Anyone who plays differently to me must be fucked in the head!

I should start calling everyone "asbergers" that uses the word "retarded" on a forum really ;)

Cutypie

Fledgling Freddie
Bonehead said:

Lol not true i dident know your other chars i only knew u as Haxen ... and dosent matter either when u play hib/mid and im alb you r an ennemie now stop QQ you died we dident add on any of your fights as u wasent fighting when we killed u... now grow up m8 and take your deaths like a man... i personaly dont care if i get ganked by a solo fg zerg or whatever when im in rvr its a game and i chose to play it...

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
If you really genuinely think that someone must have mental problems because they play the game differently to you then I'm afraid you're quite likely projecting - get a little empathy.

Maybe I'm reading you wrong and you're not just posting: Anyone who plays differently to me must be fucked in the head!

I should start calling everyone "asbergers" that uses the word "retarded" on a forum really ;)

Scary thing with this whole crusade and witch hunt against the "zrgers" is that i can draw some comparisons to how the nazi propaganda afected people during the world war two. People say they would never fall into such a trap again, but when i see the reasoning and the strange way in how people think i got no trouble seeing how such a thing could happend again. Back then comon good ordinary people were also indoctrinated to believe a certain circle of people were "retarded" and evil though they as we know were not. An no..before anyone attacks me for making a historic comparison , im marely using the way of reasoning as a comparison...and frightingly enough it works ina way here. People are actually so brainwashed in this game that they cant see right from wrong anymore..and thats exactly what happened then. When you have no objectivety and no perspective since ur involved into a thing like this you cant think outside the box, instead you rant what you learned from people likeminded and just knows it for your new religion and ur new way of life^^
Comon..snap out of it and think for urself ffs...dont be a follower..you all have ur own thoughts and values, just cause you share an opinion doesnt mean you have to lable people or attack everyone that doesnt share it..
over and out..

Cutypie

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
Scary thing with this whole crusade and witch hunt against the "zrgers" is that i can draw some comparisons to how the nazi propaganda afected people during the world war two. People say they would never fall into such a trap again, but when i see the reasoning and the strange way in how people think i got no trouble seeing how such a thing could happend again. Back then comon good ordinary people were also indoctrinated to believe a certain circle of people were "retarded" and evil though they as we know were not. An no..before anyone attacks me for making a historic comparison , im marely using the way of reasoning as a comparison...and frightingly enough it works ina way here. People are actually so brainwashed in this game that they cant see right from wrong anymore..and thats exactly what happened then. When you have no objectivety and no perspective since ur involved into a thing like this you cant think outside the box, instead you rant what you learned from people likeminded and just knows it for your new religion and ur new way of life^^
Comon..snap out of it and think for urself ffs...dont be a follower..you all have ur own thoughts and values, just cause you share an opinion doesnt mean you have to lable people or attack everyone that doesnt share it..
over and out..

A+ in history :worthy:

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Flim you just lost 99% of FH there :p

Compairing Nazism with Dueling... this is new ! I would make fun of it but the big block writing style weakens my sense of humor.

Poor Hux, damn you for having fun ! Back to PvE imo, the mobs don't whine ^^

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
Flim you just lost 99% of FH there :p

Compairing Nazism with Dueling... this is new ! I would make fun of it but the big block writing style weakens my sense of humor.

Read it again please...:p I anticipated somebody saying something like that, hence my remark about not making a historic comparison..^^
And its not the dueling im comparing...its SOME of the atitudes from people:p
over and out..

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ebenezer said:
Ok first of all take a look at the comments he receaved first in this thread chronic. What could he have possibly added to that kind of discussion? please, both you and i know he is doomed in this thread the minute he kills those soloers in game.
Actually this thread has lasted this long because he wanted it to
If he didnt come back and add more "insults", speaking in context ofc, this thread would have died on 4th June 2006, 03:22 PM if he himself didnt come back and bump it. That shows his character more than anything in my opinion.

At the end of the day the "soloers", feel no need to show him any respect whatsoever and treat him accordingly as he in their opinion has done the same to them by continuously going back and purposfully and knowingly "ruining" their enjoyment in this game.
This has been discussed over and over in various threads, personally i dont see why it pains people to live and let live,
if soloers want to have their little duels why is it so difficult to let them?
Likewise if you solo in a stupid place such as insta rvr, you knowingly go there how could you possibly expect add free fights? or are you really that ignorant?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Actually this thread has lasted this long because he wanted it to
If he didnt come back and add more "insults", speaking in context ofc, this thread would have died on 4th June 2006, 03:22 PM if he himself didnt come back and bump it. That shows his character more than anything in my opinion.

At the end of the day the "soloers", feel no need to show him any respect whatsoever and treat him accordingly as he in their opinion has done the same to them by continuously going back and purposfully and knowingly "ruining" their enjoyment in this game.
This has been discussed over and over in various threads, personally i dont see why it pains people to live and let live,
Likewise if you solo in a stupid place such as insta rvr, you knowingly go there how could you possibly expect add free fights? or are you really that ignorant?

are you asking me if im that ignorant? if so ofc not...i have been saying that no one should expect anything from anyone...especially not add free fights near i rvr areas. So not sure how you could missunderstand me about that tbh:) But its possible with all these posts..

Cutypie

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:

Yes this is why i play rvr...what makes my money spent worth...to ruin for soloers...I would never play a Game for the fun of it no way :fluffle:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:

Playing devil's advocate here for a second, what do you expect people who don't enjoy playing against the 50 player caster banshee zerg in irvr to do.
Places like Beno you can actually find some smaller scale fights, and you could argue that the RR8+ soloers who will zerg down anyone who comes in and tries to fight but won't kill each other who are duelling there, are actually ruining what could be a good small fight area while insta RVR is going on.

Yes I can see both sides of the discussion, and I fully realise that you want to have add free 1v1 duels, but what about the people that don't want an artificial duel against an RR10 opponent and don't want to fight a 50 hib zerg. People seem to think that if you don't want a 1v1 duel with /bow's then you want a huge zerg situation, and for many this isn't the case.

I'm still of the opinion that if you want a dueling area, the best place to put it would be somewhere hard to get to.. If the RP's for zerging it arn't worth the 10 min run then you'll get rid of the rp horny lamers, but you also won't mess up somewhere that could be a nice soloing but in an unartifical way area for those wanting that playstyle.

Not everyone that doesn't agree 100% with you is a retard lamer.. That's not to say that everyone isn't, and many of the posts here certainly point towards several clueless idiots being present.. but just because someone wants a different style of game, doesn't make them a tit purely on that. If 5 RR10 chars can die so easily to a clueless sorc and heretic, then maybe you want to be questioning your own response, more than simply blaming the opposition for showing up, cos i'd expect better playing from many of the people there given their RR. I think at one point I saw 4 people chasing the sorc, with not one bothering to interupt the tic... if it was a FG fight, then you were playing with the skill of RR2's!

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
Playing devil's advocate here for a second, what do you expect people who don't enjoy playing against the 50 player caster banshee zerg in irvr to do.
Places like Beno you can actually find some smaller scale fights, and you could argue that the RR8+ soloers who will zerg down anyone who comes in and tries to fight but won't kill each other who are duelling there, are actually ruining what could be a good small fight area while insta RVR is going on.

Yes I can see both sides of the discussion, and I fully realise that you want to have add free 1v1 duels, but what about the people that don't want an artificial duel against an RR10 opponent and don't want to fight a 50 hib zerg. People seem to think that if you don't want a 1v1 duel with /bow's then you want a huge zerg situation, and for many this isn't the case.

I'm still of the opinion that if you want a dueling area, the best place to put it would be somewhere hard to get to.. If the RP's for zerging it arn't worth the 10 min run then you'll get rid of the rp horny lamers, but you also won't mess up somewhere that could be a nice soloing but in an unartifical way area for those wanting that playstyle.

Not everyone that doesn't agree 100% with you is a retard lamer.. That's not to say that everyone isn't, and many of the posts here certainly point towards several clueless idiots being present.. but just because someone wants a different style of game, doesn't make them a tit purely on that. If 5 RR10 chars can die so easily to a clueless sorc and heretic, then maybe you want to be questioning your own response, more than simply blaming the opposition for showing up, cos i'd expect better playing from many of the people there given their RR. I think at one point I saw 4 people chasing the sorc, with not one bothering to interupt the tic... if it was a FG fight, then you were playing with the skill of RR2's!

good points:)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ebenezer said:
are you asking me if im that ignorant? if so ofc not...i have been saying that no one should expect anything from anyone...especially not add free fights near i rvr areas. So not sure how you could missunderstand me about that tbh:) But its possible with all these posts..
no it was a retorical question aimed at everyone reading this thread :p

Golena said:
Not quite, same people who go beno to kill the"duelers" went to the solo zones not so long ago, they arent looking for good fights they are simply looking for easy rps.
As well as the fact on the same day mini grps were running in odins all day around bled to agra bridge and even up to nottmore at one point.
, so "stealing" a zone argument is pretty invalid as the mini grps were in fact in a different zone.
If 5 RR10 chars can die so easily to a clueless sorc and heretic, then maybe you want to be questioning your own response, more than simply blaming the opposition for showing up, cos i'd expect better playing from many of the people there given their RR. I think at one point I saw 4 people chasing the sorc, with not one bothering to interupt the tic... if it was a FG fight, then you were playing with the skill of RR2's!
Situational, a sorc can very easily mez a group of rr10's who have burned all their ra's in a duel aswell as the fact he didnt actually hang around he would set his fully buffed pet on them and run away.

I didnt call anyone here a "retard", i simply stated a view shared by a portion of the playerbase.

Cutypie

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
If 5 RR10 chars can die so easily to a clueless sorc and heretic, then maybe you want to be questioning your own response, more than simply blaming the opposition for showing up, cos i'd expect better playing from many of the people there given their RR. I think at one point I saw 4 people chasing the sorc, with not one bothering to interupt the tic... if it was a FG fight, then you were playing with the skill of RR2's!

No plz dont give them clues on how to kill us :(

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Golena said:
<Too much to quote it all>
I agree with most of what you said. Just wanted to point out that not everyone who duels are rr10. :p In fact i often see lower RRs there too.
I would even come with my rr2 valkyrie if i didn't enjoy playing my zerker more. Might bring it out more when i get it's artis done.
These kind of duels isn't something that is arranged by the high RR IRC users. It's just something that happens.

Tbh, i'm not a huge fan of those duels myself, where people stand around in a circle on a bridge and /beckon eachother.
I do enjoy them now and then, like in OF when they used to happen late at night infront of ATK once a month.
It's more fun to roam around and get the jump on someone or be jumped. Duelling mercs who only stand up and /beckon when DT or rr5 is up is boring. ;)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
nerf edit timers :p;

ebeneezer i suggest you read his last 2 replies, why would he quote me out of context and comment in that manner if it wasnt to flame bait?

Cutypie

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
ebeneezer i suggest you read his last 2 replies, why would he quote me out of context and comment in that manner if it wasnt to flame bait?

could say the same to almost every1 of your posts

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Cutypie said:
everything u said about me have been flaim baiting imo
so stating what you are doing is flame baiting?

flame bait: n.
[common] A posting intended to trigger a flame war, or one that invites flames in reply.

Nope

Anyway bed time, i'll reply in the morning if at all depends if i need to pass some time at work ;)

Cutypie

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
so stating what you are doing is flame baiting?

Nope

Anyway bed time, i'll reply in the morning if at all depends if i need to pass some time at work ;)

NN sleep well

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
I agree with most of what you said. Just wanted to point out that not everyone who duels are rr10. :p In fact i often see lower RRs there too.
I would even come with my rr2 valkyrie if i didn't enjoy playing my zerker more. Might bring it out more when i get it's artis done.
These kind of duels isn't something that is arranged by the high RR IRC users. It's just something that happens.

I'm aware not everyone there is RR10.. I was mainly just exagurating as i'm fairly sure that most of the peeps there were higher RR than my RR3 minstrel.

I guess I just enjoy the one person gets the jump on the other person way of fighting more.. If I wanted to simply duel people I could do that stood at castle sauvage, and while I could only duel albs, there's plenty of classes and peeps about that I could do it with. I tend to find it's gets fairly dull quickly tho.. Part of the fun for me is in the hunt for the opposition, not always knowing when or where they are coming from, or if they have all their tricks up or not. Trying to decide if I should use ability X now or save it incase I run into someone else a minute later.

Part of the problem is ofc that i'm still learning to play the class, and if my only options are try to DD casters on low life from a zerg (I learn nothing doing this), or fight someone with everything up who's played their class for the last 3 years and knows i'm coming i'm going to struggle alot. I prefer to leave 1v1 fights alone (although i'm happy to try and kill the winner after it's over) but I would rather have the fights be slightly less "arranged", even if it's not happening on IRC outside the game.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
I'm aware not everyone there is RR10.. I was mainly just exagurating as i'm fairly sure that most of the peeps there were higher RR than my RR3 minstrel.

I guess I just enjoy the one person gets the jump on the other person way of fighting more.. If I wanted to simply duel people I could do that stood at castle sauvage, and while I could only duel albs, there's plenty of classes and peeps about that I could do it with. I tend to find it's gets fairly dull quickly tho.. Part of the fun for me is in the hunt for the opposition, not always knowing when or where they are coming from, or if they have all their tricks up or not. Trying to decide if I should use ability X now or save it incase I run into someone else a minute later.

Part of the problem is ofc that i'm still learning to play the class, and if my only options are try to DD casters on low life from a zerg (I learn nothing doing this), or fight someone with everything up who's played their class for the last 3 years and knows i'm coming i'm going to struggle alot. I prefer to leave 1v1 fights alone (although i'm happy to try and kill the winner after it's over) but I would rather have the fights be slightly less "arranged", even if it's not happening on IRC outside the game.

the dueling that have taken place so often is exactly like you say..like dueling someone from ur own realm though you cant chat to him afterwards( though most of the times even thats spoiled nowadays since most seem to have a pryd character for just that purpose:p), and you get rps for it. Cant understand whats so different with it except meeting a few different classes, but thats soon over as you met the few in the circle fairly quick.
Even now as tonight when i went beno a few times and go zerged by magon and them and didnt feel like coming back after second or third time, it feels more rewarding...had a fight against Grus and it was quite fun. That makes up for the trip and the zerging if you can get one or two "real" fights.
But if the people that enjoy that wanna continue with it go ahead. But i cant see why you dont arrange those duels over irc...it wouldnt make it less spontaneous tbh. And you would be guaranteed add free fights( to some extent) and go on as long as you like.
ow well...

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Dunno my average night (and I only get out solo 3 night at most a week)

boat to Alb coast -> roam to Bold try the area towards Alb POC (This takes 30mins)
Bold quiet -> roam Beno east bridge (Oriens) (20mins)
Beno east bridge (Oriens) -> Roam west bridge (usually die high rr stealther) 20 secs ;)

This can take around an hour, sometimes you have nice fights and sometimes you make 'orrible mistakes and die before even hitting the enemy :D On an average night no-one is at Bold or on the coast below the Pennine mountains (even though it would be perfect for roaming) and it takes ages to eventually get to Beno.

What I get to do is drink tea and chill out which is mainly why I do it.

Another route is

Boat to Blendrake roam up to Glenlock including north of Glenlock then head west to brynja and die to some very odd zerg that runs constantly backwaords and forwards over the bridge (are they bots?).

Lately with iRvR Emain north of the keep was good. I enjoyed killing the odd Myrmaiden duo with ML9 poison. Hard to cast when interuppted isn't it

Suggestions?
Anyone any other ideas?

I was thinking of the run through Agramon because whilst it is big there are the mile gates and the bridges at either side. But it is big :(

???

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
The size of agramon and getting into inner frontier areas is not so bad now with horses.

Though agramon is still occasionally used some nights by the full group brigade.

I used to go to bold areas alot but did not think any enemies bothered with it anymore, can never see the deathspam there on my BB anymore since I had to move her to snowdonia.

Typically I stick to HW wall now, emain and odins are just utter crap these days.

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
I used to go to bold areas alot but did not think any enemies bothered with it anymore, can never see the deathspam there on my BB anymore since I had to move her to snowdonia.
i usually run from Surs to Boldiam,50% of the time i find someone there (these xp'ers leave then and i have whole area for myself then) then i move up to Beno to find the FG wich has fun in rolling over soloers.

But i have also some nice non adding fights there,so not every alb is a bad alb:)

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Sadly the beno fights seem to have died a bit out, wondering where to go now, with irvr in mid, maybe Emain isnt zerged by the ohh so funny 4-5 man groups with 3 casters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom