PS4 Fifa 15

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Not yet. Not until I know the utter bullshit surrounding heading is fixed, not spending money on a game where a 5' 2" wingers beats 6'+ centre backs to headers.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Playing on PC this year, will let you know if it's improved.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I want to play an authentic fifa game, where you play a corrupt old perv who runs the organisation and your goal is to acquire as much cash as possible in bribes while avoiding being put in jail.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Same here, demo was more or less identical to the PS4 version i played. If anyone wants it buy it through origin and a mexican VPN and it's ~£28 for the ultimate edition.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I want to play an authentic fifa game, where you play a corrupt old perv who runs the organisation and your goal is to acquire as much cash as possible in bribes while avoiding being put in jail.
I bet that would be a really popular little indie game

Litmus

Resident Freddy

Can you vouch that both versions play the same? I want to get it on the PC on as long at its the same as xbox/ps4 version... so i don't look a dick when i play my mates because im not used to the different versions

Same here, demo was more or less identical to the PS4 version i played. If anyone wants it buy it through origin and a mexican VPN and it's ~£28 for the ultimate edition.

How do you do this? I dont fancy paying £60 for the uk version

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Paid 35 quid for it at sainsburies as I was spending 30 quid on groceries anyway. So they gave us a tenner off the 45 quid they were flogging it for

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Can you vouch that both versions play the same? I want to get it on the PC on as long at its the same as xbox/ps4 version... so i don't look a dick when i play my mates because im not used to the different versions

How do you do this? I dont fancy paying £60 for the uk version
install hula extension, turn on mexico vpn (i hear india is a few quid cheaper actually) go to origin website and buy the game (it wont be in english but doable) when it comes to pay, turn off hula and pay.

the demo versions were exactly the same, except on my PC i had better framerates

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Anyone want to give me a heads up on how to succeed in ut mode ? Not really used it before.

Cheers

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I don't get UT mode at all, it's a version of FIFA where money/grinding is valued over ability?

Maybe it's just because i suck. Before I bought fifa 15 i managed to get back-to-back promotions in fifa 14 normal online leagues to Div 1, i've just lost 6 games in a row on FIFA 15 UT. I don't see why they bother having chemistry if every team is made up of players based purely on pace/strength.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I moved over to normal online league and enjoying it a lot more, except the insane amount sweaty goals i seem to concede in injury time. Here is one i saw online that is a clone copy of a 95th minute winner i conceded.

http://www.gfycat.com/EcstaticSpiritedDutchshepherddog

Played quite a lot now and think the game is decent enough but so many bugs/flaws. I'm convinced FIFA has some inbuilt momentum which reduces my players stats for a time.

@miri lets to origin friends <3

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Do you get issues with people quitting if they are losing ?

Himse

FH is my second home
FIFA is just made so every version has a flaw that can be exploited.

Also, i'm pretty sure a lot of the time the game misses shots deliberately. So annoying being 1on1 with the GK and they spoon it wide on like an 85 rated player trollol.

I know it can happen in real life but cmon, even if you press all the correct buttons it'll fire it at the keeper, or wide, or over or he'll just keep running into the keepers hands.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
@miri lets to origin friends <3

Origin ID is mirieth

Do you get issues with people quitting if they are losing ?

Sometimes, less often than you'd expect. You get the win most of the time though.

FIFA is just made so every version has a flaw that can be exploited.

Also, i'm pretty sure a lot of the time the game misses shots deliberately. So annoying being 1on1 with the GK and they spoon it wide on like an 85 rated player trollol.

I know it can happen in real life but cmon, even if you press all the correct buttons it'll fire it at the keeper, or wide, or over or he'll just keep running into the keepers hands.

Struggling a little with shooting sometimes also, it's definitely more challenging which I feel is a good thing. It also discourages using 75 rated shitters like Ibarbo up front just because they have 90+ pace, since now they can't finish to save their lives.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
not seeing the pacy strikers, its more of the balotelli/lukaku battering ram technique im seeing atm, with people just trying to bulldoze through defenders.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
The goalkeepers seem absolutely amazing against shots in the box, maximum power into the top corner? Super save! 45 yard finesse shot from nowhere? Goal!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
The goalkeepers seem absolutely amazing against shots in the box, maximum power into the top corner? Super save! 45 yard finesse shot from nowhere? Goal!
Fifa 12 all over again by the sounds of it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Hehe funny. I'm sure it could happen that you hit the ball into the net while flying through the air from a tackle lol

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
https://vine.co/v/OmKFhzFBELZ

The disc would be straight out the window if this happened to me.

That is fucking brilliant mate :D.

I've just bought Fifa 15 and NHL 15, and they both suffer from the same flaw (i'll come onto that).

General observations:

- I'm coming from Fifa 10, so i've skipped a few iterations
- Graphics / sound are superb
- It certainly plays slower than Fifa 10 by default, there's less "SPRINT UP WING, CROSS, HOPE FOR THE BEST" styles of play
- Building up to a goal pays off more, so I find making skilled passes around the box works better than it ever did in FIFA 10 - it *feels* more like football
- FIFA 10 was too easy to bomb up the middle and disposes the opposition by simply bumping into them by holding down X (if memory serves), that no longer seems to work as the CPU player knows to side step
- Annoyingly (and NHL is the same) the CPU players seem to be able to outrun you almost all over the park, even when you play an inferior team
- It feels quite hard to score in general, the keepers seem better (playing on Pro level).

Now, there's something that EA must be doing in their new games that I call "FIFA Syndrome". Basically, as soon as you get a reasonable level of skill and can outplay the CPU scoring multiple goals, the game engine seems to make your team / goalie turn into a bunch of Stephen Hawkings. NHL is the same - if it's 0-0 your goalie is like superman, stoping pucks left, right and centre. Go 3-0 up and all of a sudden the CPU becomes impossible to tackle, your CPU controlled team mates become spastics and your goalie may as well not be in the goal. Suddenly you're 4-3 down. FIFA 15 is the same, until I got a handle on the differences in play my goalie was a hero until I started scoring goals, suddenly my goalie went home and Bruce Grobbelaar was in goals.

I'll keep playing it, it's fun and I enjoy it, but EA need to fuck off with this blatant handicapping of CPU team mates as soon as you start getting good.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
My team seem to be dropping like flies with injuries at the moment, bunch of wet blankets

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Here's what I'm talking about in NHL15:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29Qp5fPdHi3T3Vmc1J6bHV2RVk/edit?usp=sharing

So the puck was cleared down my end of the ice by the CPU, so I chased the puck back to get it to start another powerplay attack.

I noticed the CPU player also chasing it, but it bounces into the feet of my goalie - "oh no problem! he'll either freeze play, or flick the puck away like EVERY OTHER SINGLE FUCKING HOCKEY GOALIE IN THE WORLD". But alas, my goalie decided to do absolutely nothing then have an epileptic fit, trip up my player into the boards, suddenly abort his fucking fit (notice the CPU player doesn't get tripped up by me sliding into his feet? - another annoying bug), the CPU picks up the puck and pass to score. Also notice my CPU controlled team mates made absolutely no attempt to shut down the pass and stood around facing the opposite direction.

EA have really fucked NHL up this year.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Think this is the best FIFA since '12. There are still some bugbears - there always will be with a game like this online - but I feel like in the last couple of years I lost a lot of games to absolute bullshit (cross spam, LB+Y spam) which just isn't a factor anymore or that at least I can defend. Took me a while to really get a hang of the game this year but I went 17 - 0 before finally losing for the first time since switching to 41212(2) over the weekend. And that loss was to someone who was just flat out better than me, while I so often felt on 13/14 that losses were more often than not to people who just abused the shit of the flaws in the game.

Definitely a huge improvement and a lot of fun to play. Especially enjoying it on PC because it feels to me like the standard of players I face is a LOT higher than on Xbox - probably simply down to less <16 year old kids.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
And it was still so much better than 13 and 14. :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
It could be great but a few things hold it back. I don't get why the AI, both on your team and when you play against the computer is so fucked up.

Marc

FH is my second home
Anyone playing on Ps4? Add me as a friend - Saintcortinas. Im shit though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom