FIFA 14

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Coming from someone who hasn't played a football sim for many many years, I hope it's not as console-porty as PES 2014. FIFA is in the lead between the 2 right?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
apparently the new PES is absolutely, completely, 100% shit.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
apparently the new PES is absolutely, completely, 100% shit.
Oh good it's not just me then. I got upset because it was being a dick with my controller and it went downhill from there tbh.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Think there was a time when PES was the better of the two to play, but FIFA's miles ahead at the moment.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
When PES was better, that's when I last played a football sim. :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
PES6 > Any other football game ever

You can disagree all you want, but then you'll be wrong

eksdee

FH is my second home
Well, it's a lot harder than 13. I really like it but I'm not so sure about the decision to (as it feels right now anyway) kill off dribbling to such an extent. Will see as I get used to it.

I tried PES14 as well and while it feels like a massive improvement over 13, it's still shit compared to Fifa.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Worth getting now or waiting until new console (my son not me) versions? Seems daft to shell out for it now when I'll probably get him either the PS4/Xbox One at Crimbo.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Most places are doing an upgrade for £10 option if you buy the current gen and then the next gen version, but yeah there's not a massive difference SFAIK aside from graphics so probably best to just wait.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
eksdee so what's the best way to play the transfer market atm?

I've got a load of players like Anelka etc. already, is it best to just sit on them until release as prices will go up? People seem to have made a fair chunk already :/

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I've only played the demo so far, but holy fucking shit this game is awful. Players feel like they're moving through treacle, take a month to turn 180°, constantly running away from the ball, if you want to pass the ball in a direction away from where you're running and the ball isn't essentially mating with your foot your player starts running in that direction. Shit shit shit shit wank.

eksdee

FH is my second home
I've only played the demo so far, but holy fucking shit this game is awful. Players feel like they're moving through treacle, take a month to turn 180°, constantly running away from the ball, if you want to pass the ball in a direction away from where you're running and the ball isn't essentially mating with your foot your player starts running in that direction. Shit shit shit shit wank.

Stop holding sprint. Pretty much never use it unless you have space to run into, improves control massively. It takes a long time to get used to, but honestly I feel the new physics/movement are much more rewarding and discourage boring pace abuse play.

eksdee

FH is my second home
eksdee so what's the best way to play the transfer market atm?

I've got a load of players like Anelka etc. already, is it best to just sit on them until release as prices will go up? People seem to have made a fair chunk already :/

Right now, I'd say sell hold on to everything you've got until Friday and then list all those bad boys up. Use www.futwiz.com to check prices and log in to the web app every day to get your free gifts. When you have enough coins, find a player that is in high demand - try pacey BPL CBs such as Vlad Chiriches and try to turn them around for 3-500 coins e.g buy for 2700, list it up for 3300 BIN. Rinse repeat. I'm finding it very tough right now to make any coins on the market though. Got lucky and got Gotze in a free pack and holding on to him until Friday, but other than that I've hardly made anything at all.

Once you have the game, the best way to make a load of coins is to play single player games and win all the tournaments for all the first-time rewards. If you have the mental strength, also play through seasons as it's free coins but personally I can't deal with playing the CPU that much. :p

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I know what you mean about it being tough. The compare prices thing makes it hard to find bargains. I've been trying to do the buy low sell high thing. Got adebayor for 1000 and sold him for 2000 that's about my best profit so far. Got busquets for 3k and am sitting on him till release and bought a load of 80ish rated players with high pace for about 500 each to sell on later as,well

MrBic

Part of the furniture
anyone else feel that this years FUT is even worse then last years? been facing low chem teams with a rating of 75ish and their players with 60ish shoot can score from 40-50m.. happend 3-4 times in a game just a few mins ago vs De Gea in my goal.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I've honestly never been more disappointed about wasting money on a game in my life.

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
I have brought and played the fifa games for a number of years now but alot of reviews are rating pes above fifa this year thoyghts?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Seriously, last 3 games I've been bossing some pace abusing cunt, absolutely raping them, 5x as many shots on target as them. Know how they're scoring? Random through balls that ALWAYS land at some 90+ pace nonces boots.

MrBic

Part of the furniture
some weird stuff when playing FUT. seems like worse teams get alot of boosts. chemistry dont seem to do shit now. raging almost all the time I play now

MrBic

Part of the furniture
had Mariano (88 pace) get out run by Javi Garcia (63 Pace) the whole game.. and not by a little either. was the same the whole game and he had a team with 63 chemistry and mixed players from 3-4 leagues and not even a trainer selected. stupid f**king game

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm pretty sure there has always been thresholds on FIFA online play to make things fairer for weak teams.

MrBic

Part of the furniture
he beat me 7-1 tho.. biggest defeat Ive ever had.. should be about the players you have and how good of a player you are cause now it seems just better throwing together the worst team possible and being able to beat a 100 chemisty 83 rating team with 60ish chem and 65 rating. seems unfair to the player who actually tried putting together a working team. he didnt play good either its just that he could intercept any pass I did even if the pass was behind his player it turned around and put his leg out and took the ball at the second it was a meter behind him. and at 1 point the ball went trough the head of my defender so his attacker could head it in to goal.. stupid crap like that makes me sick.

Himse

FH is my second home
You just play ultimate team. It's coded to be ridiculous and for people to score amazing goals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom