Fifa 10

Aada

Part of the furniture
I see it's all about the tricks again not real football in my opinion and i bet the keepers still can't save a lob to save their life.

I still remember going on LIVE and some guy beat me 7-1 just by constantly lobbing my keeper nothing i could do about it.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I see it's all about the tricks again not real football in my opinion and i bet the keepers still can't save a lob to save their life.

I still remember going on LIVE and some guy beat me 7-1 just by constantly lobbing my keeper nothing i could do about it.

about the tricks again? you're talking out of your arse. Go online in 09, and you'll see that only about 5% are capable of doing tricks correctly during a match. The same will be the case for this game.

Try the game before judging it.

/edit - and you probably lost the match because you've played a skilled opponent - not because it was full of bugs.

Aada

Part of the furniture
about the tricks again? you're talking out of your arse. Go online in 09, and you'll see that only about 5% are capable of doing tricks correctly during a match. The same will be the case for this game.

Try the game before judging it.

/edit - and you probably lost the match because you've played a skilled opponent - not because it was full of bugs.

Will try it for sure :)

Whats the 360 degree movement like?

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Will try it for sure :)

Whats the 360 degree movement like?

it's like something that should have been there 5 years ago to be honest. It does give a very good control of the player though.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
But you can EX SRK into FADC ultimate overhead w/ ronaldo?

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Not really, just by looking at past form, Pes > Fifa every time

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Taken from Metacritics
Fifa 09 -87 PES 2009 -74

I can't see how that is better, unless you're stuck in 2006.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Taken from Metacritics
Fifa 09 -87 PES 2009 -74

I can't see how that is better, unless you're stuck in 2006.

The only 2 things bad about 09 was it lagged online (like 08) and it played ridiculously fast.

pes10 has their online servers done by MS this year and if thats the case many ex pes fans will go rushing back m8.

I played the Fifa demo earlier the keepers are RETARDED i was banging in 30 yarders like no tomorrow.

360 degree movement was brill thou :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
The only 2 things bad about 09 was it lagged online (like 08) and it played ridiculously fast.

pes10 has their online servers done by MS this year and if thats the case many ex pes fans will go rushing back m8.

I played the Fifa demo earlier the keepers are RETARDED i was banging in 30 yarders like no tomorrow.

360 degree movement was brill thou :)

Fifa 09 had lots of bugs, but it wasn't laggy unless you met somebody from china.

Of all people, you probably know that I've been a massive PES fan mate. I just can't see myself returning now that fifa has been undergoing such a big developement. I'm very excited about the club games, where it's possible to create your own player and use him online in club matches. There's nothing better than banging in a few goals against Ronaldo1993 with a few mates ;)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Die hard pes fan but man last couple have been a crock of shit. Shall commit blasphemy this year by fifaing it up.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
im waiting til 2010 first, all acounts ive heard have bummed it to high heaven.

just had a go at fifa2010. seems a lot more fluid than before but it was buggy as shit. got fouled on my striker and for some reason my rightback, at the other end of the pitch got booked for it? also agree on the keepers thing, and also the players just dont play like their real life counterparts :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
Fifa 09 had lots of bugs, but it wasn't laggy unless you met somebody from china.

Of all people, you probably know that I've been a massive PES fan mate. I just can't see myself returning now that fifa has been undergoing such a big developement. I'm very excited about the club games, where it's possible to create your own player and use him online in club matches. There's nothing better than banging in a few goals against Ronaldo1993 with a few mates ;)

Don't you find it really hard to defend against the big players though? it's like they are that good they shrug off even the best defenders and can sprint off like Sonic and no matter what you do it's hard to catch them.

Also you have to admit the keepers are terrible and always have been in Fifa how many games have you had online where you have had 10+ goals on the score sheets?

Also what about the Fineese shot? seems ridiculously overpowered ;/

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
are we talking about 09 or 10 here? there's no online matches in the demo :)

if it's 09, then...

1) Don't you find it really hard to defend against the big players though? it's like they are that good they shrug off even the best defenders and can sprint off like Sonic and no matter what you do it's hard to catch them.

2) Also you have to admit the keepers are terrible and always have been in Fifa how many games have you had online where you have had 10+ goals on the score sheets?

3) Also what about the Fineese shot? seems ridiculously overpowered ;/

1)
The big players are fairly balanced, however the quick ones are a pain in the ass. People like Ronaldo, Martins etc, can just get a through ball, and it's just about impossible to defend against it, because the defenders doesn't run backwards. They've toned down the speed in 10, and the defenders are now capable of tracking back :)

2)
I've never had a 10+ goal match. The keepers are terrible though. They feel like robots.

3)
eh? the Finesse shot could have been alot better imo. It's way too hard to score from outside the box in 09.

Aada

Part of the furniture
are we talking about 09 or 10 here? there's no online matches in the demo :)

09, the keepers are laughable they really are.

So far in the demo i have scored ridiculous goals.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Why is the dribbling so poor? Even with close control they never feel like they have control. Also i managed to catch up to a sprinting Lionel Messi with John Terry and tackle him :D

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Why is the dribbling so poor? Even with close control they never feel like they have control. Also i managed to catch up to a sprinting Lionel Messi with John Terry and tackle him :D

because dribbling requires some skills nowadays :)

Aada

Part of the furniture

I'm glad i'm not the only one who notices this a player only has to come near me for me to lose the ball.

Also i've been trying some of the tricks on that video i can't do them at all i was doing everything he said, do you hold LT then start messing around with the sticks or what? because i start moving the right stick and my player just seems to push the ball away :(

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I like how you said that this fifa was all about dribbling.

but yeah, hold LT.

check out my two goals above. There's plenty of dribbles there.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Well, I'm a die hard PES fan.

I've played Fifa 2010 and PES 2010 demos back to back. I am quite happy to report, that I am now a Fifa fan for the following reasons:

Why Fifa (imo) is better:

- through balls actually go where I want them to
- through balls actually work
- passes go where I aim them
- passes actually work
- wingers actually run into space to facilitate through balls

... and this is before I've even made it to the edge of the box to make a shot on goal. PES through balls are fucking donkey dick, as is the passing. In PES 2009 and PES 2010, your players don't actually run into space. The passing is also fucking shite, the amount of passes that get kicked STRAIGHT AT an opposing player.

My Learned Friends: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Pisses Me Off

That guy sums up PES exactly and I agree with him on every point.

The Blog said:
Pressing the pass button in Pro Evolution is like playing the lottery, you never really know what you’re going to get. It’s extremely difficult to play a football game where pressing the pass button could result in any one of the following:

a) Your player actually passes to the teammate you intended (woohoo)
b) Your player passes to a teammate you did not intend
c) Your player passes to the opposition
d) Your player passes to no one
e) Your player does not pass at all, simply ignoring the fact that you pressed the pass button

Sadly, I find option A to be the one least taken by the player, and its probability seems to decrease with each successive pass. Try string too many passes together and inevitably one of them will go wrong.

I also love the ability to slide tackle someone that hasn't got the ball, hacking them into the ground only for the ref not to blow the whistle - it only seems to 'count' if they are a) on the ball b) about to receive the ball.

The other major irritation about PES 2009 and indeed 2010, is that if you were (for example) to have Ronaldo on the ball, then you pass to Scholes in midfield, you would expect Ronaldo to make some sort of a run into space, or to make a run for it up the wing - but no, Ronaldo just bumbles back the way, so you end up having noone to pass to. Similarly, if you were to play the ball back down the wing to Vidic, you would want Ronaldo to find some space to perhaps allow a lofted through ball. In Fifa 2010, my wingers run and I can play spot on through balls with enough pace and put the ball exactly where I want to infront of them.

In PES 2010 demo, I've played several games already where the passes just go to the wrong fucking person, on one occasion going 180 degrees in the direction that i was facing and pointing. It's shite.

I've seen the light. Fifa is just so much better.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The ability to control your passing is what I have been telling die hard pes boys about for a year now, it seems they needed one more failure from Konamai to show them the light.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I like Fifa better, PES is dead now for me after that demo, but i'm not goin to buy it until i see it for £25 in Tesco or something.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
The ability to control your passing is what I have been telling die hard pes boys about for a year now, it seems they needed one more failure from Konamai to show them the light.

Chet, I'm addicted to the demo, it's a complete breath of fresh air being able to string tactical passes together and play proper through balls. It's quite a challenge timing it and getting the strength right to put it past your opponent without giving possession away or putting it out for a throw. Loving it so far.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wait till you master using lobbed passes, and using the more indepth controls for tricks, 1-2's etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom