Fifa 10

Aada

Part of the furniture
It's such a shame the keepers are so shit in the demo.

FIFA 10 DEMO: Juventus 1 - 0 Chelsea | EA SPORTS

They've been improved in the vids of newer builds I've seen though. I'll see if I can find them :)

Which is why i won't be buying the game the keepers are too far off their line and you'll get shorts like this happening all the time.

It's bad enough people have already figured out the 45 degree angle+fineese shot glitch which almost gets you a goal everytime from the half way line.

Why do EA make the keepers crap in Fifa?

On Fifa 09 it's easier to score by lobbing the keeper it's so ridiculous.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
They've been improved in the vids of newer builds I've seen though. I'll see if I can find them :)

Read the whole post. I just can't find the vids right now.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Read the whole post. I just can't find the vids right now.

The thing is mate, they haven't improved the keepers at all, still far too easy to lob them and the whole internet knows about the Fineese glitch so online will be shite ;/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Are you incapable of accepting anyone else's view Aada? You are juding the keepers on 09 and the demo 0f 10, when Wonk has clearly said they are improved in the newer builds. Honestly, rampant fanboiism has it's time and place, it shouldn't be used all the time.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Are you incapable of accepting anyone else's view Aada? You are juding the keepers on 09 and the demo 0f 10, when Wonk has clearly said they are improved in the newer builds. Honestly, rampant fanboiism has it's time and place, it shouldn't be used all the time.

Yeah i accept his view and maybe there is a new build but EA don't usually bother to fix exploits in Fifa at all, hell the stat glitch has been in Fifa 09 for months and just ruins online play.

Can you accept my view? and why i am so scepticle that they have bothered to change anything?

You'll see Friday when your being lobbed and fineese glitched if you dare to go online.

But lets all hope for the best since theres no other footy game worth mentioning.

Btw what was the rampant fanboiism all about? am i comparing it to another game? no i'm not so give it a rest.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
they're both shit.

pro demo is shit, full fifa game is shit.

bring back sensible soccer.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Lies.

Picked up a copy of Fifa 10 on Friday and it is fucking tremendous.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Big G, I'm going to buy a copy this week. Have people bought it on 360 or ps3?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Lies.

Picked up a copy of Fifa 10 on Friday and it is fucking tremendous.

360 here, you missed out on a cracking deal at the supermarkets Tesco were selling it for £24 a pop :(

I take back what i said about it the game is brilliant and i doubt they could top this next year, it's that good i played it almost none stop this weekend except Saturday for a few hours when i went out.

We could set up a FH league? seeing as it gives us the option to make private leagues would be very easy to set up :)

old.user4556

No I heard about the supermarket prices, but I had to return a birthday gift to Game because I already had it (PS3 controller keyboard), so picked up Fifa instead.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Gah, I may have to get it on both formats. I prefer the controller on the ps3 for FIFA, but I know the amount of players online will be much higher on the 360.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
PES through balls are fucking donkey dick, as is the passing. In PES 2009 and PES 2010, your players don't actually run into space. The passing is also fucking shite, the amount of passes that get kicked STRAIGHT AT an opposing player.
In the past few pes games (including 2010 demo) I cannot see what on earth you're on about. I have no trouble whatsoever! Occasionally a through ball is not perfect, but there is always the element of luck, plus the passing players skill.

Big G said:
The other major irritation about PES 2009 and indeed 2010, is that if you were (for example) to have Ronaldo on the ball, then you pass to Scholes in midfield, you would expect Ronaldo to make some sort of a run into space, or to make a run for it up the wing - but no, Ronaldo just bumbles back the way, so you end up having noone to pass to.

Sounds like you did not read the manual? If you pass from Ronaldo to Scholes whilst holding L1 it will initiate the one-two pass. Or if you have the ball with Scholes and you want Ronaldo to run down the wing, press and hold L1 and Ronaldo will make his run.

Pes is far more forgiving when it comes to passing. Unless you pass in a direction where there is no player, you will normally pass the ball fine. Of course, passing from a DMF to an AMF can be risky so that could be intercepted, but that's always going to be the case.

old.user4556

Occasionally a through ball is not perfect, but there is always the element of luck, plus the passing players skill.

Yes, unlike in Fifa 10 where I can thread a through ball exactly as I want to, which was impossible in PES 9 and 10.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
In the past few pes games (including 2010 demo) I cannot see what on earth you're on about. I have no trouble whatsoever! Occasionally a through ball is not perfect, but there is always the element of luck, plus the passing players skill.

PES passing is awful. It goes to a player you did not intend or not far enough or overshoots more often than not. Player runs are not intelligent, in FIFA you don't have to tell a winger to make a run for example after a pass, if there is space he will go into it.

Through balls and passing in FIFA is not forgiving; and that is the point, it goes where you tell it to, you control the power and direction fully.

There is no skill in passing in PES tbh, it is as you mention down to the element of luck.

I think this could be the year that makes the PES team wake up and smell the coffee, with the massive sales and hype of FIFA, I hardly hear anyone talking about PES. Even the most die hard PES fans on here and people I talk to IRL have given it up.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I've been a die hard pes fan for years. When all this discussion happened last year I thought "sod it, go get Fifa and see what you think". After playing it alot, I just did not like it enough.

PES is far from perfect, but I (no not anyone else...ME) find there are less things wrong with Pes than there are Fifa.

I've a friend who's playing Fifa and he's a big PES fan. I'll see what he thinks after a month or so.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Im getting tired of the spain/madrid/barca fan bois again already

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Been a big PES fan for ages but the new PES is just terrible, plays like fifa09. Never had any problems with the passing or anything, but imo, this year's dribbling and ball physics are pretty poor while nothing has improved.

FIFA is a definate improvement but it still isn't that good.

Don't know what i'll do this year, might end up buying pes6 :(

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Im getting tired of the spain/madrid/barca fan bois again already

I enjoy being VfL Wolfsburg against these guys and play Martins up front. They think they are going to get an easy win against a relatively mediocre 4.5 star team, but they are soon shitting their pants when Martins is causing havoc in their defense.

I've got up to rank 14 now with 25 wins and 5 losses online, so as the opponents get tougher, it is getting harder to win with a weaker team, so unfortunately I have had to fight fire with fire a few times and pick Real Madrid in order to win. It's rather funny sometimes when people pick a 5-star team at first, but when they see that you are going to be a 5-star team too, they quit. It's as if they are admitting that they only play if they have an advantage. Quite sad really.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I meant level, not rank, by the way. I'm not that good. :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
I don't really bother with 1v1 these days, addicted to Virtual Pro and playing 11v11 it's really fun dispite some of the idiots who think they can take on everyone.

old.user4556

Two weeks on, still loving this. I've turned off the cross assist and finding it an increased challenge, scored a couple of very satisfying goals now that I need to put even more effort into it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yep, i can't get off the fucking game bought a couple of games i haven't even took the wrapping off yet lol

Lethul

FH is my second home
Heard it has lots of bugs? Anyone know what that is about?

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
08 and 09 had more bugs when they were released, but they got patched eventually. The same thing will happen with 10 :) but yes, it does have quite a few bugs.

Lethul

FH is my second home
08 and 09 had more bugs when they were released, but they got patched eventually. The same thing will happen with 10 :) but yes, it does have quite a few bugs.

Ok, haven't really played any of them but got quite surprised when i saw an article in a newspaper about Fifa 10 bugs :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom