Competition FH photocomp #27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Oh cock off it's got nothing whatsoever to do with forgetting. :)

I forgot it has nothing to do with forgetting :eek:

:)

Throw me a fricking line here Cally, I am trying to marry his sister ffs!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
With a tripod (to keep everything else sharp), some ND filters in front of the lens (to block out some light and allow for longer exposures) and a slow shutter speed (probably 1 or 2 seconds in this case - or a remote shutter release).

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Was there any work done in Photoshop on that picture, G?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Very little; small tweak to the white balance (gets thrown out slightly by filter use), chromatic aberration correction in RAW, slight contrast enhance and finished by sharpening with a high pass filter.

old.user4556

Lee Filters throughout.

Lee 0.9 (three stops) ND hard grad on the top portion of the image (approximately from the bottom of the mountains) to bring the dynamic range of the sky in. Lee 0.9 ND soft grad across the whole frame which kills the light further to increase the exposure time but allows the bottom portion to be slightly lighter than the top. Lee circular polariser (good for another two stops) to cut the glare off the water and give punch to the cloud / sky.

f/11, 2 seconds, ISO 160, 12mm on a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 (pisses all over the Sigma 10-20mm).

old.user4556

Also, do you know of any good photography forums?

Depends on what you're looking for, a lot of photographers keep their secrets, processing and location to themselves. You looking for tips, hardware reviews, technique?

DPReview.com's forums can be quite a good read but the fanboys are absolutely un-fucking-believable.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Canon Digital Photography Forums has always been a good resource for me, it's pro-Canon but if you shoot with Canon then that's no bad thing. Good user reviews (especially in the Accessories & Storage section and lots of other useful stuff. It's also a bit fanboytastic but I don't know that you can really escape that.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Fucking hell those Lee Filters aren't cheap :D

With regard to forums - more critical stuff, talking about images and processing really. Not really concerned too much by reviews etc. as I'm unlikely to buy regularly. I do use a Canon so might give those ones a checkout, cheers.

old.user4556

Yeah, that's correct, buggered machine. Additionally, with the explosion in digital photography Lee can't make enough of them: demand is outstripping supply.

I could probably sell my Lee kit for a profit on ebay, certainly their Big Stopper (I love mine!) was going on ebay for well over £100 when they were asking about £90 for it from a proper retailer.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
yeah cheers from me as well, been looking for a good site for some post-photography tips. always handy to find ways to clean/sharpen your snaps up

:drink:

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
2qsro6w.png

Saw this at a motorshow recently. People always perve out over new cars, we forget the elegant simplicity of these vintage machines.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
nice pics guys, well done with taking up the challenge :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's a strange one, they are owned by Panavision so it's not like they couldn't splash some cash and build a whole new factory if they wanted to increase supply. It's a bit shocking that this is still going on, I bought mine nearly 2 years ago and the problems existed then.

I saw somewhere that their colour gels are the European standard and they put far more of their time and energy into producing those, pity they can't expand a bit and do both tbh.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Here's my attempt, taken while out walking near Elsden in Northumberland yesterday.

Attachments

• tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 6

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm quite ashamed of that. I'm paying too much attention to the auto correct today man.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Receiving praise is something I am not used to, so refer to default :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom