Competition FH photocomp #27

Status
Not open for further replies.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
As suggested by Tom, and helpfully reminded by caLLous this is the official photo competition thread.

Subject

The subject for this competition is forgetting, as chosen by TdC, because he was feeling frisky.

Deadline

2nd October, 21:00

Prize

Picking the next comps subject.

Rules

* The photo must be your own
* The photo must be taken within the time period of the competition (new)
* No text that isn't part of the original photo
* No merging of more than one photo, however panoramas are now allowed.
* Keep photos to a sensible size. It shouldn't be tiny, and viewers shouldn't have to scroll.
* Max of three entries. Multiple entries of the same shot from different angles etc not allowed.
* If you are unhappy with one of your entries, clearly point out which one and the mod will remove it. Keep this within reason please.
* Entries must be within the CoC (no cock except when made of snow, no flange)
* Allowed 'shopping : Rotating (finished image must be cropped to a rectangle), cropping, resizing, red-eye removal, lens correction (only to remove lens distortion, chromatic abberation and light falloff, etc.), non-selective image adjustments (changing levels throughout full image, blur, sharpen, noise reduction etc), gradient masks (linear only) for exposure correction

Previous subjects were:
apathy,the night,reflection,heritage,city,if you go down to the woods today,neglect,water,landmarks,transport,up close,summer,landscape,circular,no topic,texture, your christmas message to the world, Internet, People, bedtime, Summer is here,contrast,Kitchen Utensils,Glass

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Don't forget to judge it!

*chortle*

I might actually enter this one. Interesting subject.

TdC

bahs, I *sometimes* forget things. I also remember a surprising amount of tripe, but hey. make with the picture taking!!! :D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
A subject chosen by a man who clearly doesn't take photos. FFS :eek:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What a stupid choice of subject. If you want to revive this, try something a bit more straightforward. And ban Milou, on the grounds of "perverse FH reverse ban Jup rules", or because he's a professional, whatever.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I thought it was quite an easy subject; I was thinking a picture of Throd shouting at muslims because he'd forgotten to put his earplugs in.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"Give us photo comp! Give us photo comp! Give us photo comp!"

*give photocomp*

"Noooo! This is stupid photocomp! You suck!"

Children on candyday, i swear to freakin frogs.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Bah, haters with no imagination. I've got an idea, just need to find time to implement it now...

old.user4556

To be fair Toht, unless you're a bunch of serious enthusiasts, obscure topics will not attract much attention or many entries because a) people don't have something suitable in their back catalogue or b) they simply don't have time to get out to take new material worthy enough. I don't think Freddyshouse has enough of a serious photography community to have obscure topics.

AVForums run a monthly photo competition and the rules are strict, some of which are as follows:

AVForums Photo comp rules said:
1: Pictures entered must be owned and taken by the forum member entering the competition.

Now this rule seems to generate debate which can only be a good thing but to try and clarify!

Taken means that the sole idea and technical expertise through planning and design, acquired the final result!

If an individual then uses another person to trigger the shot or influence the capture in any way then ownership should still belong to the creator and originator of the initial idea!

2: No archive shots are allowed, so for any given monthly competition all photos must have been taken within the month that particular competition ran, from the time of the opening launch and discussion thread is posted, until the stipulated time it is due to end. This rule must be adhered to or else the photo will be disallowed.

3: For the interest of other forum members please try and include, Camera used, Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO and focal length and any post processing that may have been done.

However, to determine a photo’s legitimacy to rule #2 exif must be left embedded in the image alternatively link to the original image with EXIF available hosted elsewhere - e.g. Flickr, Photobucket etc.else the photo may be disallowed.

PLEASE NOTE, IF ANYONE IS UNSURE HOW TO PRESERVE EXIF AND FOR ANYONE USING SOFTWARE THAT STRIPS EXIF THEN SO LONG AS THE ORIGINAL PICTURE CAN BE EMAILED TO avfphotocomp@gmail.com THEN THE PICTURE WILL BE ALLOWED.

Personally, I prefer the prospect of having a "go and shoot new material" competition, but I don't think that was met with enthusiasm last time I suggested it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, i'd like it to be a "go out and compete" thing 'cause it makes for a lot more entertaining shots, but i think the fun level has died a bit. Being a bit too serial, even without serial competitors :p

The subject should be considered as a guideline in my opinion, just something to aspire to and possibly get you bonus points.

old.user4556

The other issue with winning and picking the next topic is that you can easily pick a topic that suits more of your back catalogue. I like the thrill of trying to get out there for something new, most of my photos are landscapes and long exposures anyway so I'm always striving for something new.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Road.jpg

Taken in the winter of 2009/2010 on my phone. I went through it on my bike, so i'm looking back (forgetting?). Only resized it, nothing more.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Forgetting we were playing in the sand with the letters...

Attachments

• forgetting.jpg
    forgetting.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 3

TdC

A subject chosen by a man who clearly doesn't take photos. FFS :eek:
boo
What a stupid choice of subject. If you want to revive this, try something a bit more straightforward. And ban Milou, on the grounds of "perverse FH reverse ban Jup rules", or because he's a professional, whatever.
boo
I thought it was quite an easy subject; I was thinking a picture of Throd shouting at muslims because he'd forgotten to put his earplugs in.
yay
Bah, haters with no imagination. I've got an idea, just need to find time to implement it now...
yay

two boo's, two yays. grow an imagination.

The other issue with winning and picking the next topic is that you can easily pick a topic that suits more of your back catalogue. I like the thrill of trying to get out there for something new, most of my photos are landscapes and long exposures anyway so I'm always striving for something new.

sorry no. the rules in the op have been expanded:
* The photo must be taken within the time period of the competition (new)
you will note that the op has not been edited, so it was there all along.

this is why I am going to have to not allow Tuthmes' picture in to the comp, even though he interpreted the subject creatively, and was honest enough to mention when he took the pic.

you seem to be forgetting, but this is a contest for everyone. you have a month to come up with a pic or pics that somehow touch on the subject given. you will be judged by other forum goers, not by me or yourselves.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bah, i got no yay for my comments :(

Oh right...need to charge up my crummy camera and tke a picture.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
No problems, you were right. After all teh whingin I thought I start off with an idea to get everyones juices flowing.

I suppose I only got 2 pictures left?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I would say you have 3 left unless TdC is really wearing his mod-nazi panties today. ;)

TdC

I'll allow three pics from you still.

old.user4556

sorry no. the rules in the op have been expanded:

you will note that the op has not been edited, so it was there all along.

Ohh! I stand corrected, I never read the rules I must admit :(. I think it's a good thing. Tbh, this should be an easy one for Wazz; he should take a picture of himself and say "i've forgotten to use a condom, so I'm now brimming with AIDS!".

TdC

I am disturbed that cal knows about my panties :(

TdC

Ohh! I stand corrected, I never read the rules I must admit :(. I think it's a good thing. Tbh, this should be an easy one for Wazz; he should take a picture of himself and say "i've forgotten to use a condom, so I'm now brimming with AIDS!".

indeed! see how easy this can be? :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have an idea but must find a willing model... :)

old.user4556

*ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip*

What can I do?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
TdC has already been frantically pm'ing me offering his pantie services. :(

(might not be true, a guy can dream)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If you want to revive this, try something a bit more straightforward. And ban Milou, on the grounds of "perverse FH reverse ban Jup rules", or because he's a professional, whatever.

Abstract concepts are always going to be the most difficult. You'll find you get a bunch of tenuous entries where someone has vaguely tacked on an explanation that normally you'd struggle to see in the image alone, which IMO is kind of the point of this - it's a photography comp, not a concept comp is it not? :)

And don't ban milou, his work his awesome and he should be encouraged to post on these boards more - a good guy who's always willing to chat about photos, here, on twitter, on flickr, wherever. (Yeah I know it wasn't serious :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom