FG vs FG fights: Who isn't doing their job?

phandaal

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
If they die, they haven't managed to mezz, so its theyr own fault ;)

Anyway, if the bard dont have an instant up and gets insta'ed then mezzed the dr00d will just hit the GP4tehwin button and the bard is up free to mez (though he's prolly already killed by a savage train).

If a sorc gets interupted, he didn't use QC.

And the healers are most often 2+ with instas all the way, so they shouldn't have a big prob.

:eek6:
Insta mezz or insta amnesia > qc mezz
Mids have 2 classes with single insta mezz, hibs have insta aoe amnesia range 2300, so i think is not really a good idea alb mezzers lead the group. And remember, mages leading groups usually are insta dead

Eynar

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
Unless they just redsisease you immediately. Of course that doesn't always happen, the timer on mid's insta disease is 8 seconds after all! :p
Fyi you're talking about pbae disease, so it isn't likely to affect a whole group. Apart from that, most shamans will have the level 37 version at most, which gets resisted like 50% of the time you use it.

Eynar

Fledgling Freddie
phandaal said:
Insta mezz or insta amnesia > qc mezz
Mids have 2 classes with single insta mezz, hibs have insta aoe amnesia range 2300, so i think is not really a good idea alb mezzers lead the group. And remember, mages leading groups usually are insta dead
OMG, you're actually counting a skald's 30 sec single target ghetto mezz now as well? This is basically a free immunity, since it will last for like 10 sec on a sorceror with mezz reduction buff, if it isn't resisted.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Eynar said:
OMG, you're actually counting a skald's 30 sec single target ghetto mezz now as well? This is basically a free immunity, since it will last for like 10 sec on a sorceror with mezz reduction buff, if it isn't resisted.

Well thats quite funny tbh. You say immunity timer ehh? Stuff that its bust and doesnt work, Mezz > Stun > Root > Re-Mezz > Remzz > Root ofc not always in that order :p but u get the idea>

phandaal

Fledgling Freddie
Eynar said:
thats enought to take down sorc if she leads group

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
if you can land skald mez it helps a lot, gives healers a much better change to land a full mez on the rest of the enemy
however with 700 range....

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
[/QUOTE=Korax]If they die, they haven't managed to mezz, so its theyr own fault ;)
[/QUOTE]

Oh of course, that will be it... :touch:

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
after 5 minutes of running around and not meeting anything the attention starts to drop, cant blame the group tho, in most games its full action, but here its walking around in a cheap-ass golf course until you meet something...

also if you get jumped in any other game you can still use your uber-l33t skill to headshot everyone to death... however skill wont save ur ass in this game...

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
after 5 minutes of running around and not meeting anything the attention starts to drop, cant blame the group tho, in most games its full action, but here its walking around in a cheap-ass golf course until you meet something...

also if you get jumped in any other game you can still use your uber-l33t skill to headshot everyone to death... however skill wont save ur ass in this game...
Quite wrong, if your group is uber-l33t you win no matter how you get jumped, oh and uber-l33t grps dont usually get jumped :D

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
Stlong radar for uber-l33ters then? :eek2:
There are about 200 000 ways of avoiding being jumped. Best one is running. (tsk tsk) :p

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Have a few tips for druids despite not being uber experianced.

I myself run typically in our GG which varies a lot in the typical set-up we've run 4 pbaoe, 2 druids, warden and bard to 2 champs, hero, 2 bm, warden, druid and bard. Pretty much anything goes.

I've found that running w/o a shield doubles the length of time you stay alive for. Typically vs a mid grp that gets the jump on us I'm right at the back we're mezzed. Assist train heads in I GP and stand stock still (fake being mezzed still) I look like a 2h tank and am ignored. Assist train hits bard (now unmezzed and moving) I smack heal spam on bard then who-ever needs it and generally unless Im careless am usually one of the last alive and oom if we get ganked.

Albs are annoying cos some warder pally usually heads straight for my 'champ-a-like' and tickles me :( or some mincer comes and annoys me a bit.

GP throws off inexperianced MA's like nothing else ;) - OMG do I hit bard or a free mage???

AE spam is good aswell aeroot spam is a bitch for interupts vs caster grps (as I've found out) and my lvl 7ish dot sticks suprisingly well v.useful if grp aren't needing a heal.

just to add savages are overpowered. Had 2 quad hit me at same time = insta death :(.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Kicks said:
I've found that running w/o a shield doubles the length of time you stay alive for.
Without? :eek7:
just to add savages are overpowered. Had 2 quad hit me at same time = insta death :(.
Savages are so much fun eh. :(

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Well anyways, Det affects castable stun but not melee stun (So i thought it was on different timer), so castable shouldn't be used on tanks in any case :>

Khalen

Fledgling Freddie
And then there's always the not-game factors that determine casual players to play proper. Biggest one is lag I think. A factor that in some cases can't be changed by the player (ISPs do all kinda things all day). One reason why strafing works so well it's because those "laggers" don't get the info straight away. Another factor could be crap pc or too high settings (seen this quite a lot even myself gets suprised even that my game can crash now and then just because it couldn't process all the sudden info and I do have a high end game pc). Turn those shades and shiny FSAA off to get that speed you need. I remember the days (and some still do) that people played quake like it was some pre-alpha version without any textures just to get that speed at it's top.

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:

Yer like I really miss that 5% block rate or whatever. Amazing how often I'm ignored until fight is almost over.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Kicks said:
Yer like I really miss that 5% block rate or whatever. Amazing how often I'm ignored until fight is almost over.
Ah, forgot you were talking about druid :)
The only reason I can think of to use shield is bacause of the SC. Its a very good idea to skip the shield. As my warden has a medium shield I rarely get attacked unless I start healing in the middle of the fray.

Its also possible to get a medium BLOCK shield. I don't know how high lvl the block shields go, all I know is that the sheild merchants sell them (gray con) and that they have a LARGE shield model :D (any crafters have any idea what max level is for the block shields?).

Gualin

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
Ah, forgot you were talking about druid :)
The only reason I can think of to use shield is bacause of the SC. Its a very good idea to skip the shield. As my warden has a medium shield I rarely get attacked unless I start healing in the middle of the fray.

Its also possible to get a medium BLOCK shield. I don't know how high lvl the block shields go, all I know is that the sheild merchants sell them (gray con) and that they have a LARGE shield model :D (any crafters have any idea what max level is for the block shields?).

Ahh, you're so true >8) but i think my ward (excal >8)) has a med shield which looks like a large one... i can check it tomorrow for ya >8)

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
give sorcerers there AOE mezz on there mind baseline and have a bolt range instent on the spec, then see how the bance of RvR goes. I think all sorcerer would like instent mezz over the bolt range anyday. Body should also get an instent root, and aoe stun added to the matter specline.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Laston said:
givf wardens AE stun :clap: :clap:
Hmm, even though that might been somewhat unserious I think your on to something. With all these RA's being given to all the realms, why shouldnt all realms get ae stun?

Wardens dont have any kind of CC, and is the only class in hib that I can think of that could have ae stun.
In alb I think sorcs should get it, but without bolt range ;).

I mean, the balancing tip on hib and alb has vs mids is RAs. And once that has been taken away, mids will have a great advantage. This depends alot on the outcome of Frontiers ofc, but that how I think it will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom