ffs i cant beleive i did it

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
driving without insurance is a 9 pt'er on the licence dude....

and drink/driving deserves a good slapping - u muppet :)

guarentee you'll never do it again tho.

- English -

Resident Freddy
im gonna go drop my documents off at the station soon. The only thing they can get me for is driving without insurance, as i was under the limit. aslong as my friend says he let me drive his car :x

Chronictank

FH is my second home
im gonna go drop my documents off at the station soon. The only thing they can get me for is driving without insurance, as i was under the limit. aslong as my friend says he let me drive his car :x
you might want to check your insurance to see if it entitles you to drive other cars with permission

But seriously, if get a lawyer if they push it further

Marc

FH is my second home
Love the way the police can turn up that quickly for someone driving their mates car but when my friends house was getting robbed and they were still in the house attempting to kick his bedroom door in it took them a good 60 minutes to get there.

Oh you will be surprised. Why would they want to tackle a burglar when they can just harrass some young lad with no car insurance?

I see em near me, with one of those speeding cameras, 7 coppers stood there. Why the f*** does it take 7 of them to stand and point a camera down the road?

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Why do some people always have to have a first-hand experiance, and face the consequences before they realise why rules do not have exceptions.

"Don't drive without insurance, unless you really really need to get your keys!" :eek7:

[judgement]

To be honest, you sound more upset that you got caught, not upset that you were doing a fucking stupid thing. I hope it at least persuades you not to do it again.

[/judgement]

Mey

Part of the furniture
That was probably to do with the availability/location of police units more than the polices desire to have a cup of coffee before attending your mates robbery. But i understand how important it is to be able to bitch about things you have little to no knowledge of, so i'll shush :D

before replying, scan post for irony.

Little to no knowledge of? Lol. - you're right ofc but i'm on the internet so shhh :p

I knew full well that it was probably due to availability/location - but it's a sad state of affair when potentially "serious" incidients take ages to become attended.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Oh you will be surprised. Why would they want to tackle a burglar when they can just harrass some young lad with no car insurance?

I see em near me, with one of those speeding cameras, 7 coppers stood there. Why the f*** does it take 7 of them to stand and point a camera down the road?

Aye Marc' it doesn't take 7 plod's to do it. Infact they don't even need to be a policeman!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH

A burglary is usually just material damages.
Drunk driving can cost lives...

I have 0 tolerance for people driving under influence. Especially without insurance.

About the speeding though.... I'm a bit more tolerant, although someone driving 180+ km/h on the highway... if it were up to me they'd get attempted manslaughter.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
It`s usually a ban for no incurance and a piddly little fine. Really wouldn`t worry too much just don`t do it again :p

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
if you've been drinking, you just plain shouldnt drive, under the limit or not, your reactions and judgement are not 100%

having said that, the punishment for driving without insurance depends on a few things, mostly the particular police in your area. (and you attitude towards them)

when you say you had no insurance..is that no insurance what-so-ever? or only insurance for your own car?

if you none what-so-ever its obviously alot worse, chances are if you have SOME insurance they will just caution you.

you really dont know what they will do though..case study of interest:

a friend of mine, had no license, no insurance, no tax....decided to take his 2 litre omega for a drive anyway one sunday morning, lost control in the rain taking a corner, and plaughed the car up onto the pavement, and through someones garden wall, destroying it.

what happened to him you ask? a 2 year ban from driving? points on his license once he got it? a massive fine? NOPE! absolutely F all, he arranged to pay for the wall to be rebuilt (paid ofc) got a slap on the wrist, and passed his test a few months later, and was allowed to carry on like nothing happened.

personally i wanted him to be banned, points on licinse etc, but F all happened.

so, dont panic, just be honest and pleasant, own up, and take whatever you get, and DONT FUCKING DO IT AGAIN!

Tilda

No sympathy for you jim.

You were a tw@t to drive practically drunk.
You were an even bigger tw@t to drive without insurance.

I hope you do understand the reason for having insurance? Now put yourself in the position of someone you could have hit and crippled when you were driving. "I need £60,000 a year for medical treatment and medicine" "oh sorry I dont have insurance, good luck"

- English -

Resident Freddy
if you've been drinking, you just plain shouldnt drive, under the limit or not, your reactions and judgement are not 100%

having said that, the punishment for driving without insurance depends on a few things, mostly the particular police in your area. (and you attitude towards them)

when you say you had no insurance..is that no insurance what-so-ever? or only insurance for your own car?

if you none what-so-ever its obviously alot worse, chances are if you have SOME insurance they will just caution you.

you really dont know what they will do though..case study of interest:

a friend of mine, had no license, no insurance, no tax....decided to take his 2 litre omega for a drive anyway one sunday morning, lost control in the rain taking a corner, and plaughed the car up onto the pavement, and through someones garden wall, destroying it.

what happened to him you ask? a 2 year ban from driving? points on his license once he got it? a massive fine? NOPE! absolutely F all, he arranged to pay for the wall to be rebuilt (paid ofc) got a slap on the wrist, and passed his test a few months later, and was allowed to carry on like nothing happened.

personally i wanted him to be banned, points on licinse etc, but F all happened.

so, dont panic, just be honest and pleasant, own up, and take whatever you get, and DONT FUCKING DO IT AGAIN!

i have insurance on my own car but it doesnt cover me on his

Ezteq

Queen of OT
points , fine or loss of license, or ban? :X

well first theyre going to look at you like *ok sonny now your for it* then theyre going to give you a george mcfly haircut and make you wear polyester shirts and braces and rib high trousers, then theyre going to make you go up to every girl you ever fancied and says "I just crapped myself, wanna see?"
and Theeeeen...

theyre going to throw you in a pit of half starved wild honey badgers with a pork chop tied to your schmeckle and only a chip fork to defend yourself with and then...

youll get covered in baby oil and set in amongst the biggest bull queers you ever saw in your life, these guys are going to roger you silly and call you martha while they make you eat cadburys creme eggs from out of their bottoms and then..

theyre going to post it all on you tube which in turn will get posted here then someone (prolly gamah) will say

"old"

Chronictank

FH is my second home

and theeeeen
In her time of distress after witnessing said videos Ez posts her Jubblies on Fh,
causing Jup's head to explode and the entire universe to implode on itself
In the final moments before nothingness there is the last immortal scene of god looking down with a pretty angry face at ms redtop as she tries to explain it was all a accident

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
i have insurance on my own car but it doesnt cover me on his

you made them aware of this at the scene then?

then again if you're young i wouldnt have thought they'd take the 'i think i am i'm not sure, i apologise whole heartedly if i'm not' routine, as it would be highly unlikely you could afford that kind of insurance at a young(er) age.

if someone grassed you up for it then i'm sure you werent acting innocently in the build up to it.

EDIT: Just noticed the ironic google ad for motoring lawyers: fighting for your driving licence 24/7!
it made me do a chuckle.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
and theeeeen
In her time of distress after witnessing said videos Ez posts her Jubblies on Fh,
causing Jup's head to explode and the entire universe to implode on itself
In the final moments before nothingness there is the last immortal scene of god looking down with a pretty angry face at ms redtop as she tries to explain it was all a accident

*shakes head*

now really old bean you just had to take things too far didnt you!

the entire notion is utterly laughable and totally unbelievable, i suggest someone stays off the pimms what what eh?

- English -

Resident Freddy
so i gave the insurance mot licence details in etc, and the woman on reception goes ive put it through as you not knowing you were on the insurance. You will be contacted and may have to go to court... will see eh

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
A guy lost his life around where I live because of a stupid drink driver - a couple of days before christmas.

Christ this world is in a mess - they need to do it where if you kill someone by your foolishness, you die too. That'd decrease the population & keep the good people alive! ;d

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
piggy, piggys do things double time when it involves them getting money out of people.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Love the way the police can turn up that quickly for someone driving their mates car but when my friends house was getting robbed and they were still in the house attempting to kick his bedroom door in it took them a good 60 minutes to get there.

This is how ot works round here. If your mate said some one was still in the house trying to attack him he would of got every police unit avalible as soon as they possibly could get there.

If he said the person was not the the house any more they would not send the traffic cars ect he would more than likly end up getting a community office as soon as one was free. Its not perfect but i can understand it you dont divert all your units to what will actually just end up being a crime number given out and a insurance claim.

And the reason this is how the Police work now is the retarded goverment targets saying they need however many arrests a day and x many traffic stops a day bla bla bla. Means there is no time for doing real police work you just chace easy convictions.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
personally i wouldnt drive even if i'd just had one i know the law says i can but i just know that if i did and i smoshed someone i wouldnt be able to forgive myself and you know what people are like silly sods walk out infront of cars with out looking etc so if you have just one drink your reflexes could be dampned just enough that you dont react fast enough. i wouldnt be willing to take the risk.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Hope you get banned TBH, i suspect you won't and you will get more cocky because of it. You knew you were uninsured and that you had been drinking and you only seem to give a toss because you were caught. It's people like you who make the roads a dangerous place.
+ there must be more to the story as you were grassed up by someone, so you must have been doing dodgy stuff in the first place or you took the car without permission or they knew you had been drinking.

Or if your mate gave you permission knowing you had been drinking and that you weren't on the insurance they should crush the car. Which AFAIR they can do now...

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Why do people get so stressed at someone driving under the limit? Seems a bit OTT

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Why do people get so stressed at someone driving under the limit? Seems a bit OTT

Any alcohol, at or below the limit will impair your judgement.

Why not just drink something non-alcoholic if you're driving?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom