ffs i cant beleive i did it

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I was driven home by someone who I found out (after he'd set off) was totally out of his gourd on mushrooms.

Now that was feckin scary, he thought he could navigate home like a cat so drove with his lights off and was weaving down the round "to avoid the beautiful trees growing out of the cats eyes in the road"......

I never got in his car again.............................

megadave

I am a FH squatter
ive been in a car full of people pilling off their faces on ecstasy, hard enough driving when you have a car full of people shitfaced on class A's but when the driver is on them too it's scary as hell. Was really stoned and had the fully blown FEAR going on too :p

Was like 4am on really quiet roads atleast, didnt even see another person thank fuck

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
ive been in a car full of people pilling off their faces on ecstasy, hard enough driving when you have a car full of people shitfaced on class A's but when the driver is on them too it's scary as hell. Was really stoned and had the fully blown FEAR going on too :p

Was like 4am on really quiet roads atleast, didnt even see another person thank fuck

wow you are so cool.

back on topic, silly thing to do. ofc it doesn't feel like a huge deal (personally i have no problem with the 1 pint+driving thing) but if you had hit someone or something you would be in a whole world of shit and the person or property you damaged would not be covered.

Anyway i hope you have learnt your lesson :p

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Same, no sympathy. I don't care about the law aspect though, but causing danger to innocent people is just retarded.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
In my opinion people driving while drunk is disgraceful... I mean it impairs your ability to drink. You cant change gear and steer, with a pint in your hand at the same time.

- English -

Resident Freddy
the law says i was under the limit, just not driving without insurance. However lesson learnt, hope you people dont do anything silly like this

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
the law says i was under the limit, just not driving without insurance. However lesson learnt, hope you people dont do anything silly like this

It's a shame they didn't test you 30 minutes earlier when you probably would have been over the limit.... I don't plan to do ti myself, but then again i'm not a complete twat :kissit:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
A friend of mine was driving about 5km to my place last week, he came half way then remembered he had drunk one beer about 1.5 hours earlier.

He was shocked he had forgotten it so he turned the car halfway there and drove back home then got someone else to drive him to my place.

Now, he shouldn't have forgot that in the first place, but the thing you do when you remember it is turning back. You do not continue driving when it might cause others there lives.

- English -

Resident Freddy
A friend of mine was driving about 5km to my place last week, he came half way then remembered he had drunk one beer about 1.5 hours earlier.

He was shocked he had forgotten it so he turned the car halfway there and drove back home then got someone else to drive him to my place.

Now, he shouldn't have forgot that in the first place, but the thing you do when you remember it is turning back. You do not continue driving when it might cause others there lives.

lol driving back is just as bad.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Well, depends really. If he was halfway there, why not go the whole distance. Turning back was probably the silliest move. Unless he had to come back almost immedietly.

You stop and call someone. Or walk.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
While you were under the limit sounds like it was only just.

Driving without insurance is unforgivable tho. If you have a completely unintentional accident with someone then you've pretty much done the same amount of damage to them as you would have if you'd simply walked into their front froom and taken everything in there.
That's a best case scenario, assuming no-one gets hurt.

Just don't do it!

Be thankful you got caught without actually doing any "damage" if I was you. Hopefully it will teach you not to do it again before something really bad happens. As a first time you'll probably get off with a good shouting at, hopefully it will do the job tho.. :fluffle:

soze

I am a FH squatter
In my opinion people driving while drunk is disgraceful... I mean it impairs your ability to drink. You cant change gear and steer, with a pint in your hand at the same time.

That was so funny i think you should go to the funerals of Drink Driving Victims and tell the family that joke.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture

That's nuts, the amount of alcohol from a single pint 1.5hrs later is gonna have a minicule effect.

Bit of common sense here tbh. Driving carefully on quiet, familar roads after 1-2 pints, with full realisation ur reactions are slower, is not evil or reckless behaviour. I got no problem with it. Mebbe if ur not used to drink or the roads or whatever. But it's not increasing the risk to others *unreasonably*.

You could argue it does slightly and *any* increase to risk others is not acceptable, however I would point out lots of everyday situations while driving would do this and perhaps more than a small amount of drink: driving without a good nights sleep, with the stereo on, changing the radio, smokign, mobile phones (either hands on or hands off - you not telling me peeps mouthing off about business or whatever while driving does not effect reactions and concentrations, try playing daoc like that), having kids in the car, bad day at work and stuff on ur mind, etc.

Lot of these sitations just occur normally while peeps go about their everyday life. What we gonna do, ban peeps having kids in the car (I'm fucking sick of all these married couples putting my life at risk!), or have 5hrs sleep minimum per 24hr period to drive? Can't have zero risk, just keep it within reasonable lvls.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
afaik your body metabolises and gets ride of 1 unit of alcohol / hour.

though that will depend on your metabolism, how much of a fat **** you are and how healthy i suppose.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
afaik your body metabolises and gets ride of 1 unit of alcohol / hour.

though that will depend on your metabolism, how much of a fat **** you are and how healthy i suppose.

1 unit per 90 minutes. A pint of beer is about 2 units...

[edit] you're right aswell :p
Dutch units are larger than UK units :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom