FFS albs :(

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Blackjack said:
Well radar will help you avoid the zerg.. do you really want to overlook it?
strafing is not a feature, it's a glitch in the game mechanics that people can choose to abuse.

Uh since when has strafing been a glitch?? it maybe used cheaply but its not a glitch. Yes its annoying, but not illigal. I am yet to read any documentation that states strafing is a glitch and until i do directly from mythic i'll just think you made it up. However, i have read in the original manual plus the help guide that you can strafe in the game.

Radar ?? dont mix an "abuse" with a game feature to enhance your argument, Radar and straffing are 2 completely different things. stick to the topic.

what next remove trees coz classes can stand behind them, attack me and i cant see them. Does that make tree's a glitch too ?? or maybe stealth is a glitch because i cant see the stealthed enemy ?? Hint Hint

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
Uh since when has strafing been a glitch?? it maybe used cheaply but its not a glitch. Yes its annoying, but not illigal. I am yet to read any documentation that states strafing is a glitch and until i do directly from mythic i'll just think you made it up. However, i have read in the original manual plus the help guide that you can strafe in the game.

Radar ?? dont mix an "abuse" with a game feature to enhance your argument, Radar and straffing are 2 completely different things. stick to the topic.

what next remove trees coz classes can stand behind them, attack me and i cant see them. Does that make tree's a glitch too ?? or maybe stealth is a glitch because i cant see the stealthed enemy ?? Hint Hint

A GM said to me once that the fact that someone can get out of view when you /face or /stick them was a bug/glitch/coding problem. that is there due to the game mechanics. So since the game was made this was a glitch and not a feature.

as for Radar, you said that you would use everything in game that could make your char "dodge" attacks. that could include radar, you could dodge attacks from skilled people intirely. i have no idea how far people with the attitude "Abuse all" will go.

The fact that you can shoot through trees was partial fixed along with you being able to hide in them. and there is still the; putting shrooms in trees isue. where are you going with that?

as for you comment on stealth. That's a pretty feeble try to be clever from my point of view. Stealth has nothing to do with this isue what so ever. You yourself said stick to the topic, but that only applies to me ofcouse?!

Khaisha

Fledgling Freddie
How can u compare Radar with with strafe? Radar is a exploitand 3rd party program. If strafe now is a glitsh in the game that ppl exploit then why is strafe left/right in the Keyboard configuration?? U lamers complaining about strafe should learn to amke two masic macros... /stick and /face. Maby u get too nervous when u get attack that ur brain dont work and u get mad cuz u get killed and mad cuz u did not remember to /face or /stick. DAoC is a game that dont include much cheating and thats great. some fools use radar and that sux. But if u get killed is cuz ur enemy is better then u that time. Maby next time u win just dont cry here about strafing lol.

Best Regard Shaniqua.

I Kill u soon

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Khaisha said:
How can u compare Radar with with strafe? Radar is a exploitand 3rd party program. If strafe now is a glitsh in the game that ppl exploit then why is strafe left/right in the Keyboard configuration?? U lamers complaining about strafe should learn to amke two masic macros... /stick and /face. Maby u get too nervous when u get attack that ur brain dont work and u get mad cuz u get killed and mad cuz u did not remember to /face or /stick. DAoC is a game that dont include much cheating and thats great. some fools use radar and that sux. But if u get killed is cuz ur enemy is better then u that time. Maby next time u win just dont cry here about strafing lol.

Best Regard Shaniqua.

I Kill u soon

Yay. Another tool hiding behind a blank sig :clap:
you say that everyone is dumb because they dont /stick /face if someone strafes. the hole point of the discusion is that strafing is not solved by /stick or /face DUE to the game mechanics.

Khaisha said:
If strafe now is a glitsh in the game that ppl exploit then why is strafe left/right in the Keyboard configuration?? U lamers complaining about strafe should learn to amke two masic macros

Any Gibberish to English translators here?

Khaisha said:
Maby u get too nervous when u get attack that ur brain dont work and u get mad cuz u get killed and mad cuz u did not remember to /face or /stick.

Actually i'm an "easymode" player ^^ i have /stick on my QB.
But again the point is strafing is not solved by /stick /face

Khaisha said:
I Kill u soonsoon

You and what army?

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
I wasnt really gonna reply to this, its like trying to describe the colour green to a blind person. First off lets get the facts out the way, shall we, facts as is in things that are factual and not just word of mouth. Now you must have heard about verbal stuff, its as good as the paper its been written on. (so saying that you heard a GM say that straffing is a glitch aint worth shit) now to simplify this to blackjack who seems very confused in all this, unless its written by mythic it aint true, its only speculation (remember that word blackjack you do it a lot)

Radar is a third party program for you Blackjack that means mythic did not create it and in no way support it (or the interpritation of a third party program in contects to this topic)

Strafing is in the game, put there by mythic (yes Blackjack mythic created it so its not cheating, whether its balanced or not is another issue). One thing to note Blackjack we are talking about strafing to dodge a positional attack "NOT" running through somebody to cancel out there QC. So please blackjack DONT CONFUSE THE TWO.

now you comparing Radar to strafing reminded me of a conversation that took place in the award winning Pulp Fiction, now recall this, (loosely quoted)

"Touching a womans foot is in no way the same as sticking your tounge in the holiest of holes, it aint even the same ball part"

same as comparing radar to strafing, it isnt even the same ball part.

now please try and "read" (its a magic word you know blackjack) before flying off your handle.

...... and since you have such a strong view that radar and straffing are of the same catogary i would really like to hear you justify that.

have a nice day, Kalidur

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
I wasnt really gonna reply to this, its like trying to describe the colour green to a blind person. First off lets get the facts out the way, shall we, facts as is in things that are factual and not just word of mouth. Now you must have heard about verbal stuff, its as good as the paper its been written on. (so saying that you heard a GM say that straffing is a glitch aint worth shit) now to simplify this to blackjack who seems very confused in all this, unless its written by mythic it aint true, its only speculation (remember that word blackjack you do it a lot)

Radar is a third party program for you Blackjack that means mythic did not create it and in no way support it (or the interpritation of a third party program in contects to this topic)

Strafing is in the game, put there by mythic (yes Blackjack mythic created it so its not cheating, whether its balanced or not is another issue). One thing to note Blackjack we are talking about strafing to dodge a positional attack "NOT" running through somebody to cancel out there QC. So please blackjack DONT CONFUSE THE TWO.

now you comparing Radar to strafing reminded me of a conversation that took place in the award winning Pulp Fiction, now recall this, (loosely quoted)

"Touching a womans foot is in no way the same as sticking your tounge in the holiest of holes, it aint even the same ball part"

now please try and "read" (its a magic word you know blackjack) before flying off your handle.

...... and since you have such a strong view that radar and straffing are of the same catogary i would really like to hear you justify that.

have a nice day, Kalidur

Wow, you know my name impressive :rolleyes:

Lets take it from the top:

Kalidur said:
First off lets get the facts out the way, shall we, facts as is in things that are factual and not just word of mouth.
A fact is a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened; "he supported his argument with an impressive array of facts" it does not has to be written anywhere.
And since a Game Master who is mythic/GoA's representatives told me, i'll take it as a fact.
But ok, it is written aswell. RvR TL's adress this as an issue to be fixed, not a feature- 1.70 Albion RvR TL Report Other Issues -LOS and “target out of range” issues due strafing and running through enemy players.http://daoc.catacombs.com/forum.cfm?ThreadKey=1056&DefMessage=816088&forum=DAOCAlbionForum

Kalidur said:
now to simplify this to blackjack who seems very confused in all this, unless its written by mythic it aint true, its only speculation (remember that word blackjack you do it a lot)

I can give you alot of examples NOT written by mythic but true none the less. The only thing simple here is obviously you.

Kalidur said:

I'm so impressed that you can still remember my name at this point :)
I haven't compared Radar to strafing. I have on the other hand said. that i don't know how far the "if it's there. Abuse it" people will go to get the upperhand. So you can explain what "Third Party" means all you want. it has nothing to do with what i have posted.

Kalidur said:
Strafing is in the game, put there by mythic (yes Blackjack mythic created it so its not cheating, whether its balanced or not is another issue). One thing to note Blackjack we are talking about strafing to dodge a positional attack "NOT" running through somebody to cancel out there QC. So please blackjack DONT CONFUSE THE TWO.)

Well, there is a thousand bugs in DAoC. none of them put there by players...
Strafing just happen to be an effect from the game mechanics and sometimes unavoidable in RvR thus not illegal. I never said strafing was cheating. what i did say i that i find it lame. No we are not just talking about strafing to avoid possitional styles we are talking face to face shameless strafing. i have already covered that. And run through teckniques are very related to strafing and are combined in the RvR TL report. I don't confuse the 2. looks like i confused you though.

ohh yes and gratz on getting my name in there twice in 1 argument, very nice :)

Kalidur said:

I never compared radar to strafing, but maybe you should try "reading"
I think the quote you are looking for is:

It ain't no fuckin' ballpark either. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her holyiest of holies, ain't the same ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fuckin' sport. Foot massages don't mean shit.

If you are going to do something, do it right.

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
I found out while playing a warrior in PvE that when I strafed after slamming a mob to do a side position style, that sometime it says that you fail to do your style as you were strafing. Now I am not sure if this also happens in PvP combat but it happens alot on the toon I was playing in PvE. I know this post wont help the above argument - but I thought I would metion it anyway.
And I think that strafing is okay - but it is a fairer fight not to use it - face to face combat ROX!

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
Regnorm said:
fight fight fight
i cheers on the winner
i'll have a tenner on Blackjack, is Kalidur allowed to strafe during the fight btw? :m00:

Blackjack said:
No we are not just talking about strafing to avoid possitional styles we are talking face to face shameless strafing.
:worthy:

Regnorm

Fledgling Freddie
Ashton said:
i'll have a tenner on Blackjack, is Kalidur allowed to strafe during the fight btw? :m00:

:worthy:

Well, as Blackjack is in front with 3 to 2, i think yes.
Cause if he strafes he can have Blackjack missing, but on the other hand miss another himself, so would be fair imo. So atm its 3 (blackjack) to 2 (kalidur), Kalidur can therefore have an advantage not to be surprised during the fight with PA / BS ect.
PS. To use Radar in this fight would be totally unfair, so just cut it before it starts. If Radar is used, it will count as a minus point as a lesson not to go beyond the rules of game. :m00:

prOx^^

Fledgling Freddie
hmm,

I just dont understand? when i am playing my 24 sorc (cauntre) i almost after 5 mins i get 5000 sb's ore ns so :kissit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom