Fellow stealthers, Midgard, Hibernia, Albion

Lyrre

Fledgling Freddie
I dont post very often on these boards, but I must ask a question to all stealthers out there.

* You choosed to play a stealther
* You go out solo

So why is it that you enjoy it to pop other stealthers, oftenly right in front of the "zerg" just to collect 200 rp.

Dont you enjoy the 1 on 1 fights, isnt that why you choosed to play a stealther AND go out in rvr solo?

As for myself I dont see any reason to pop an enemy stealther if I have the mid zerg in my back, I know how trigger happy those Warlocks is... :)

So, just a question, when you have choosed to play a class that perform well solo, and you do not group, why not enjoy the 1 on 1 fights?

Yes I know it is a realm vs realm combat, jada, jada, but is it only me that play solo to get solo fights? :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Well said, unfortunately the answer is not one that will solve the problem:

Human nature.

There is always one person who will enjoy playing the game in a way that annoys others, and sadly this isnt something that mythic or goa or anyone can really change that easily.

Making assassins fotm is the worst thing they could've done though, imo.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Well reverse ya question and ask yaself why as a solo stealther your standing anywhere near this 'zerg' your talking about.A poor stealther puts itself in such peril.Like moths to a light,being drawn to the bridge i guess.........

Tosen

Part of the furniture
If there's a chance of adding some rps or so.. or simply kill an enemy - I reckon it's the idea to kill attack and use the dirty tricks u know :)

pip

Banned
Lyrre said:
I dont post very often on these boards, but I must ask a question to all stealthers out there.

* You go out solo

So why is it that you enjoy it to pop other stealthers, oftenly right in front of the "zerg" just to collect 200 rp.

Dont you enjoy the 1 on 1 fights, isnt that why you choosed to play a stealther AND go out in rvr solo?

As for myself I dont see any reason to pop an enemy stealther if I have the mid zerg in my back, I know how trigger happy those Warlocks is... :)

So, just a question, when you have choosed to play a class that perform well solo, and you do not group, why not enjoy the 1 on 1 fights?

Yes I know it is a realm vs realm combat, jada, jada, but is it only me that play solo to get solo fights? :)
Saves using ra+fast rp:)

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
Lyrre said:

* You go out solo

i went out solo, met u, killed u,

more soloers 4tehwin:)

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Dukat said:
There is always one person who will enjoy playing the game in a way that annoys others.

can be fun 2 annoy others especialy if its any1 u doesnt like.

Castus said:
Well reverse ya question and ask yaself why as a solo stealther your standing anywhere near this 'zerg' your talking about.A poor stealther puts itself in such peril.Like moths to a light,being drawn to the bridge i guess.........

Blame mythic for making NF.
Or ask yourself where the hell should they go if not to the hot-zones? Bridges, portal keeps and bridges...the of design of frontiers promotes zerging alot more then i'd say OF did.
I myself are so bored with all the adds, zerging and griefing that i started to do it myself, and sometimes without thinking about it, sad but true
- I wish things could be more like they used to be, with a community that actually respected their enemys and ppl around them. Guess those times are gone.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well people play like they wish, but fucking monkey ass scouts shooting you in the back 24/7

Alyssania

Fledgling Freddie
Well I run solo with my scout. Either I get zerged by low rr people or I get 2 shotted by high rr people after they evade 9 out of 10 my "melee" specced scouts hits. There is no in between. Havent seen any atleast past 3 years I played a stealther. So yes if there is no one around I try to avoid fights with anything rr5+ (under rr5 I have the slight chance of his friends not getting to me before I get zergling number1 dead or about 10%) and if there is people around I just shoot away. Ofc when I after 5 or so more years of soloing hit
rr10 I can claim I never ever done anything but fair 1 vs 1 like good old prydwen people atleast doing at the moment that dont think anyone remember their doings but before getting to that high I found that tictac working best.

If there would be even one under my rr stealther soloing in this cluster I could think about not popping him and try to get my first fair fight ever but since that wont happen its just MoS5 4tehwin.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
its a hazard of the job....

bear in mind some of your opponents want you dead at all costs... If a friendly FG is near then that just works in there favour....

Nice when it backfires though and the FG dont add ;)

illu

Part of the furniture
Shar_Reloaded_Ranger said:
i went out solo, met u, killed u,

more soloers 4tehwin:)

Well anyone can kill anyone at anytime. I think you and Druka killed me outside DC (after you ran away initially) and then after I died you /rofl me. Well done.

I believe I ran into you a little while later and gave you a taste of your own medicine :>

Actually - Flame On - there were quite a few annoying hibs out tonight. Neroz the caster insisted on zapping me while I was fighting Bliizard (where the fight is hugely in Bliizards favour to start with) so well done Neroz! :clap:

And Xuril the Ranger, don't you get bored living in that tower? Out you go with I can only assume you have MoS5, permanent SL up, popping stealthers in front of FG's of hibs or popping us when the purple con guards are on top of us. How lame? And then off you run, back in the keep or next to the guards!
Well done making over 30k RPs, but what a crappy way to make them. Make a melee ranger or something, all this running away is just rubbish! (Or give SB's some kind of super sprint to catch up).

And then some hibs decided to kill off the instaport. Well done. From having 1 fight every 5 mins, most mids just logged or went to albland. You get less RP, we get less RP, crap for everyone. :clap:

Bloody frustrating game :/

Oli - Illu

sxx

Fledgling Freddie
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Guess those times are gone.

This kind of whines have been going on since the beta-stage.
Never been times like that :)

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
I basically pop stealthers close to our zerg for several reasons.

The kinda altruistic one: I am fairly sure, that if you sniff around a zerg, you might be shooting at, or pa'ing on one of ours soonish. I would rahter not have you do that.

The personal gain one: It is the ideal situation for a bow ranger, as if I pop u with bow, odds are u will run away due to overwhelming odds, instead of running at me, as peeps usually do in a 1 vs 1 situation. This plays to my strengths as a bow ranger and odds are I get u down in that time.

The unsavoury one: Well I invested in MoS4, I damn better use it for other stuff than just moving a bit faster, otherwise those 20 points could be better spend somewhere else.

And a little explanation, if ur a bow specced stealther ur basically a lower dps mage type of char, with a better survivability than a mage in that u can easier avoid fights.
And I love the thrill og running away as well. Is getting quite fun.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Lyrre said:

* You go out solo

That's the past. 1vs1 fights are rare now.

Lyrre said:

I enjoy this much, but the reason is simple. They strafe, I pop them in front of fgs or zerg. "It's part of the game"

Lyrre said:

I had enjoyed 1v1 fights but nowadays 1v1 is sh!t.

Lyrre said:

As mids hate WLs as much as enemy realms if I would play an sb I also wouldn't pop them :)

Lyrre said:

Because 1v1 is changed so much it's way less enjoyable then before NF.

Lyrre said:

Yeah maybe, tho I think after 1.82 there will be a lot sb out there solo with them 2k PA.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
its not always possible to see whats behind you when you catch sight of another stealther. you dont have time to do a 360 deg turn to check if any fg's about. I see stealther I move in and try land Pa/Bs before they open up with bow or Pa me. If theres fg or so behind comes running past then its up to there consience to leave us be.

gohan

FH is my second home
thiers still a few stealthersthat solo an have done for years but thier a dieing breed.. i soloed on my scout all the time but sold him after 3 years of getting nowere, an i solo on my SB but such a pain in the arse getting fully buffed on mid that ive givern up an just play classic now

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
one thing i cant understand why ppl grp when they play stealthers.... camoon its solo class. stealthers are meant to solo imo. and for that u will never see me grped. if u want a to grp dont play a stealther... well thats just me. cant tell ppl how to play but.... yeah

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
i rarely seem to go out with Aran now, maybe once a week or when leading something.
its not really the same and can be very frustrating esp when you bump into people that you know 'did' solo but are now moving in packs.
After a few times of being killed by these duo-trio+ i normally get fed up and log.
Popping someone out of stealth in front of a group has been around for a long while, accidents happen but i agree its very annoying.
Matriarch, i think your looking at OF through rose tinted glasses, or you didnt see its problems.
I suppose it was ok for alb and mids but for hibs having the emain problem basically killed RvR enjoyment for most hibs if they were not in a proper guild group.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Just started to play my inf again.. For the first time since toa.. And aye u get zerged popped infront of zergs and almost NEVER find solo ppl.. Only the odd warlocks or vampirs which will both slaughter u anyways.

And i really really hate remedy bleh

gohan

FH is my second home
OF was also shit for archers as u couldnt make it to mile gate without getting Pa'ed with see hidern, tho TS was very fun at times!

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Ok
Yes
Yes
I dont do that except on some very few peeps
I do , and yes
Depends really...if u know him and he isnt stupid enough to jump u first
But i do !!
We r not alone o0o0o0o0

gohan

FH is my second home
the voices in ur head get a bit to much for u to contain?

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
There have always been problems with stealthers who try and solo,in OF (from a scouts PoV) you first had to get to Amg past all the stealthers camping just outside Atk,once you hit Amg it was either an SB /Hunter zerg sitting on it and around the gate or full of alb stealthers.
I always tried to get as far away from Amg as I could if I actually got through it ;) but most seemed to think that was the only place a stealther should be and it got stupid at times with 2fg+ of stealthers perma camping it.

Now it seems that the duo/trio is fotm for stealthers and soloers are fast disappearing,I've decided myself to give up playing my scout after 4 years because everytime I've popped 1 SB hoping for a 1 V 1 recently theres been at least 1 or 2 with him and the same for hib stealthers,I'm sure they can say the same thing for albs when they want a 1v1 as well but as I've never grouped with my scout I'm not sure how many do and don't go out in zergs.

Not sure if its because I prefer quality fights over quantity of RPs and most now just seem to think getting as many RPs as possible, no matter how you get them, is the way forward but RvR for me has lost its appeal.

And for those who will say why not also go out in a duo/trio yourself, it took me 3 years to bring myself to use a Bot as i didnt think it was a fair way to play the game as a soloer but now its almost impossible to kill anything unless your botted and i don't like the playstyle of ganking soloers with a duo /trio ;)

sxx said:
This kind of whines have been going on since the beta-stage.
Never been times like that :)

Maybe not for you, but for me there was such a time.

And just b/c i state a fact from my view, it doesn't mean its whining. There is a diff between stating something, like "well xx mid killed 12378912 greys in df last night, does xx mid have any comment to that?" then saying "omg you mother fucking **** basterd, how can u be so stupid and annoying to gank greys, do u lack a cromosome or three?"

- Do you see the diffrence?

Loverman

Fledgling Freddie
Regarding the original issue, isn't this problem sort of the whole idea with the stealtherclasses in the first place, even though it's hard to pull off?

To pop an enemy quick (PA), and then get away with it quick and then return into hiding again. I bet it's more fun gettting away with killing an enemy while his BG-buddies has their backs too you.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Tbh yes there are duo/trios/quads but there are also quite a few hib and mid stealthers. Just spent 2-3 months on inf solo (duoed once for 1 hour zerged nimroel, felt guilty and disbanded) and i would guess that 1 out of 2 fights i had were against a solo opposition. With iRvR its harder as it seams primetime hours are extended thus throwing more people out into the small area around HW/DC causing duo/trio's to form as well as increasing the chance of add. If you hang abouta bridge your asking for to be added on and you will also find this is where the grps of stealthers hang loose. Atm i would guess Crim keep ---> T3 would be an excellent area for a soloer as you get lots of solo mids legging it across to join up with their megameights - problem area is VERY busy and there is clear LoS.

West DC bridge - dont even bother.
East DC bridge - normally at least 3-4 hib stealthers inc killsimba et al camp here.

Graveyard -during primetime dont bother imo, u wont get any solo visuals there.

Bolg T1 (north) - pretty good chance of finding both solo mid/hibs here, more then likely you will find a duo hoping to spank albs as they come out of Bolg. Except for DC/Crim area this is probably your best best of finding some nice 1vs1 during primtime - ofc chances are you will get ganked by fg albs leaving bolg.

Known XP areas - always good for stealthers, problem is time taken to get to them in stealth make these unatractive as well as the possiblity of there being nothing there.

TBH if u run solo during primtime 5-12pm expect hardmode, I did, prolly the two most frustrating months ive played. You meet some good opponents (Intimate, VF, Hugmeh, Illusb, Kipu, Nimroel - they mostly solo) but u will also meet some real twats, some will fight u pretty much fair n square and some will RA/Arti dump on you, some will strafe but you will need to get used to this and adapt to your environment and opponents. Learn where the good ones roam - maybe get on irc to chat with them and discuss your fights, helps u associate and learn faster.

I suppose one of the skills to learn as a solo player (either visual or stealthed) is to asses /rw and then choose your best hunting ground. This is not in a majority of cases where you see all the crossed swords.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Lyrre said:
I

Larre.jpg

nuff said, think its called hypocrit or ?

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Simply put , if I don't hit you out of stealth your going to hit me , Don't say you wont as quite simply I have learned not to "do the honerable thing" by ppl perfing me and killing in the middle of another fight,when i let them go with Fg passing.

Simply put: you see me in front of a fg - pop me - as quite simply I will do the same thing to you in the same circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom