Feedback plz.

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
Ok here it goes ..

Have had this idea for some time now .. and as topic says .. i want feedback.

I was thinking about making this community website where ppl could announce
which days their groups will be out.. this site could also have features like
pickup group signups in an easy way etc .. basically gather information on what
groups will be out in one place..

if anyone has some nice additional ideas of such a site plz reply and all feedback
is welcome.

/thanks.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Think someone did a poll fairly recently for groups to say when they were going out, think the intention was for the main days to have people go agramon.

Can try it but as you said it would probably be best on a seperate site, but then if it is how many would go look at it.

Good luck if you try it.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Things I'd like to see;

• A "shoutbox" or whatever they're called so people can quickly ask for players to fill their groups which will appear on the front page of the site.
  • Some way of seeing easily which groups are running on a given night, again on the front page.
  • A couple of forums, one for arranging set groups and one for arranging PUGs.
Sounds like a good idea to me btw. Good man! :D

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Me thinks actually there's a grand total of 6-8 fixed groups counting all realms, that's our main problem :/
Me and my group seem to always only find Black Falcons and Asylum out lol

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
givf more clustering. ok, zerg will be bigger, but so will be the 8vs8 community and agramon gets crowded again. the zerg can do their zerging thing on a higher level and there probably will be more raiding action...but who cares. getting zerged by 3 or 5+ groups....:wanker:

plz merge with a german/french server

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Collateral said:
givf more clustering.

just need more ppl to reroll hib/mid. doesnt take long to get setup in a new realm these days.

on topic: site sounds like a good idea and ofc a flim-free add whine forum!

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
but still, the population is constantly dropping and USA is showing the way, how its going to be. especially pve stuff is kinda hard lately, because their are only pl groups around. more population would be good for the overall game and especially for the rvr situation. i am really interested if a cluster with another country would be possible (not technical...i refer more to the language barrier).

ze german

Light

Loyal Freddie
good idea, and also yeh seems population in general is an issue these days so maybe it is time to cluster again

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Konah said:
just need more ppl to reroll hib/mid. doesnt take long to get setup in a new realm these days.

I would, if it weren't for having to buy 1-2 more accounts in order to do so x<

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Konah said:

and here I was about to setup a server ;)

Ging

Part of the furniture
goodie, i can announce that i will be playing like shit as usual! rox!

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
it doesn´t matter, where those obsessed synergy guys are playing. I highly doubt their skill! :kissit:

i don´t want to buy another account. just givf more clustering. would be funny to read in the area chat: "je cherche un group" or "ich suche eine gruppe".

the more you diversify, the more interesting it gets! and especially the english fraction would love to kick some french/german ass^^

Ging

Part of the furniture
Collateral said:
it doesn´t matter, where those obsessed synergy guys are playing. I highly doubt their skill! :kissit:

obsessed? joo wot megameight? were not obsessed with anything! We just like making CK vomit coz we know hes a massive homophobe :)

tis the true reason for all the talk of cock/gay love in our grps!

i dont doubt our skill, i know were crap, but remember if u get beaten by us it means your even crapper :)

:england:

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like a good idea, but I have to agree with Konah that the problem is over population on Alb. Some things never change!

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
Sounds like a good idea, but I have to agree with Konah that the problem is over population on Alb. Some things never change!

may be like that .. though i think alot more groups would come out if they knew that some other will come .. :p ..

anyways .. i havent made up my mind yet if its worth all the work .. thats why i want the feedback .. so far ppl seem to think its a good idea .. so maybe it will be worth it.

AmeinoN

One of Freddy's beloved
give a site(forum) where vinters and aussie could post :D :D

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Asha said:

The proposed forums would also be a good place for people who want to reroll to look for like-minded players. Some people have toons on other realms on Cluster, but might be missing items or a guild or whatever. :)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
I think its a good idea in General, but I don't think it will work out. FH makes up a small portion of the players in DAOC, so you'd be hard-pressed to get those who don't know or read FH to use it imo.

FH is fairly popular because its been around for ages, and its pretty well known in the game. Some proberly don't know about it, and others proberly choose not to read it for various reasons, and you would have to convince those people that the site is useful. Of course the site could do its job, if just 8 people from 1 realm using it to make a group, but realistically if the site is going ot have any kind of presence or future, then ideally it should be aiming to get perhaps about 50 odd people using it.

But this is just my opinion, since you asked for it. If you do decide togo ahead with it though, good luck and I hope it works well. :)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Killswitch said:
The proposed forums would also be a good place for people who want to reroll to look for like-minded players. Some people have toons on other realms on Cluster, but might be missing items or a guild or whatever. :)

That could easily be done here by posting in the General section. IMO it doesn't warrant or add to the useful features of the proposed site idea :)

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
but but but gingy, i am in your realm. i would never ever dare to play against you guys (well, maybe kithana)...

concerning fh: this forum is way busier and better visited then any forum in germany, where is a far bigger player base. and it is much more fun to read, cause the mods don´t restrict the shit out of every topic. name calling and every form of the slightest insult is strongly prohibited. too many nerds around, who have a serious problem with their personality. actually, most of them are a bunch of f****** idiots^^

Martok

Part of the furniture
Ill be about and this if gets going could help me pug my way to rr10 :D only 200k to go god damn it ging give more groups when im drunk :fluffle:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Ryuno said:
I think its a good idea in General, but I don't think it will work out. FH makes up a small portion of the players in DAOC, so you'd be hard-pressed to get those who don't know or read FH to use it imo.

People keep saying that FH makes up a small proportion of the players in DAoC, but I do wonder what the basis for that is. I'd say the regular posters here make up a fairly small proportion which is why posts often seem very one sided.

Maybe if I put it another way. What percentage of the guilds/alliances in the game have at least one member that reads freddys house.
ML raids get posted here, there's no way to post them in game, i'd say the number of people who don't have access to the knowledge that a raids happening in game is actually fairly small.

I'm also guessing that the audience he want's to reach is the people who do read FH. Only 1 member of a group would need to read and post on the forum to say they were running that night, so the number of benfiters could actually be 8 times the number of posters.

Thumbs up from me.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
A nice idea in principle but I think its success would be very much down to how it was structured. A forum based setup is not ideal for what you intend, as you get stagnant threads, old threads being bumped and getting in the way, and people adding inportant info at spots which nobody gets as far as reading, etc. Somebody suggested a shoutbox which is a good idea imo, though obviously it would need more than that. I think it could work nicely if you make a layout that allows people to quickly get the info they want without sifting through lots of outdated or unrelated crap, perhaps a simple graphical layout with clear distinctions between each day.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
sounds like a very good idear if its well done, but as many pointed out. But as said by many theres a few things that gotta be made to make it work well, like the shoutbox, easy info on frontpage, active mods if there was made a forum, to lock old stuff, keep new stuff in top.

andeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Konah said:

problem is albion is so op mid and hib need radar and other cheat programs to compete.. and with all the radar bans... ;((

^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom