Fear of Death

leggy

Probably Scottish
Rubric said:
"If we die and there is nothing else then we won't know anything about it & if there is an afterlife or something, well thats a bonus".

The not knowing about it is the part that bothers me. I want to know. I hate the thought of unexpected nothingness and the thought that there is nothing I can do about it if it happens.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Whilst not exactly old enough to be thinking about stuff....lying awake on my bed at night i sometimes think of it and feel an odd pang in my heart/chest, especially if i'm thinking what would happend if it was my parents and not me.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
leggy said:
The not knowing about it is the part that bothers me. I want to know. I hate the thought of unexpected nothingness and the thought that there is nothing I can do about it if it happens.
Thats Life i guess.

Deady

Fledgling Freddie
On <some morning TV program> (the one with phillip schofield) they did a thing on Regression (where you enter some kind of mental state that lets you visualise and feel the life you had before your current one)

The woman presenter described being a mayor of some town, and gave a name etc, a year, sons name and so on...and some historian checked it all out and he existed. She wouldnt of known before hand since it was the 18th century.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
If reincarnation is what happens i hope to be a cat then. :p

Lazy life, lazy person, figures. :p

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
We are organic matter. We die, we stay dead. We rot/decompose/whatever.

Although, I do have a little niggly feeling that there may be 'something' out there. I find it quite hard to believe that this is the the world, as it is... But then, that's the curse of the human brain, isn't it?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I can remember around my 21st year it suddenly dawned on me -really, really came through- that I too was going to die one day. Up to that point I'd had really no concept of death reaching out it's cold hands to snatch me away. I was so shocked I had to sit down and have a ciggy (heh). Nowadays it doesn't exactly leave me cold (oh, rife with bad puns today), but I do not fear it. I'll be damned dissapointed if I croak before I'm good and ready though :/

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Hrm, i dunno about this malarkey with regards to dieing old and frail. Live hard, live fast, die moderately young. :) If it's time for me to go, then so be it. No regrets atm tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom