Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Rincewind

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Other(specify)

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
gotta be Death innit. who cant respect someone who speaks in capital letters.
also voiced by christopher lee in the animated films an ya cant mess with dracula:p

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
Death of course! And now thanks to the animated movies whenever I read his part in any of the books I hear Christopher Lee's voice in my head. That has to be the best casting ever.

Others that I really liked

The Amazing Maurice - Nice to see a feline version of Gaspode.

Archchancellor Ridcully - Again another piece of inspired casting in the animated version of Soul Music with Graham Crowden.

The Death of Rats - Has a lot more fun than Death

The Librarian - Ook!

The duo of Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax - They bounce off each other so well.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
This was a realy tough one.. ended up with Rincewind.. But would be just as easy vote Vimes..or DEATH.. or Twoflower.. or.. Cohan the Barbarian.. or The Librarian... or (for crying out.. ) The Luggage! ... Have to respect a figure in form of big chest with hundreds of naked littel feets that it runs around on... and tends to bite things (even toying with sharks, luring it with its nice littel pink feets.. just to give it a nice .... BITE! when it comes for the kill.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
"Many people say that he doesn't have the slightest grasp on reality. He actually has a very firm grasp on reality, its just not a reality that anyone else has ever come across before"

Gota be Rincewind ofc. Damn I haven't read any Discworld book for freaking ages, I should really get back into during the long flights between the Gallante and Minmatarr federations.

Can't even remember what the last book I read was, but damn they are good. The point 'n' clicks games on the PC are pretty fun too, my favorite has to be the first one though!

:drink:

Outlander

Part of the furniture
death :D

for me tis close between death and rince, but death wtfpwns! :sex:

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
I'll have to go with cHodAX here. Mostly because Guybrush owns and I have no idea what Discworld is! :D

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
A character that I would actually like to see make an appearance in the books is Lewton from the Discworld Noir game. It was interesting to see the arrival of the Disc's first private investigator. I loved trying to find all the obvious references to the film noir genre. (I probably missed a hell of a load of subtle ones too)

You could do so many different polls for this too as there are so many great characters that have been devised that aren't on the poll.

The Luggage
Gaspode the Wonder Dog
Magrat Garlick
Corporal Nobby Nobbs
Sergeant Detritus
Constable Dorfl
Sergeant Angua
Lu-Tze
Albert
Foul-Ole Ron
The Dean
The Bursar
Greebo

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i cant say as i have a favourite because i really enjoy all the characters very much, however greebo always amuses me and i must admit i am very much like nanny ogg irl (except with more teeth..... well she only has the one doesnt she).

my fave discworld book though is nightwatch.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I agree

Nightwatch was the absolute best Discworld book ever, but I love any discworld book featuring Sam Vimes and the Watch,

Sam Vimes just turned from a nothing character into probably the most dangerous thing on the disc besides the Patrician, and I think even the Patrician wouldn't want to push him to far. He's the ultimate bastard with a heart of gold.

Everybody loves Death but Death is usually only a guest character, or support character, Reaperman aside, for me its got to be Sam or Susan.

Now...

How many of you have named your horses in daoc Binky? :kissit:

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Eva said:
I'll have to go with cHodAX here. Mostly because Guybrush owns and I have no idea what Discworld is! :D
Shame on you! Go by some books by Terry Pratchet and educate yourself.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Granny Weatherwax

she kick's ass

she would so pwn Rincewind

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
Arrrgh, this is impossible to choose, I love them all so much. I mean you have to love Sam Vimes, and everyone in the Watch. But then there is also Lu-Tze, and the Librarian, and Archchancellor Ridcully, and the Death of Rats with Quoth the Raven. I think for this poll I have to go with Vimes, as Nightwatch is the best book in the series, and the new one Thud is great.

Also, how many of you have read Strata? and what did you think of it?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Dahakon said:
Arrrgh, this is impossible to choose, I love them all so much. I mean you have to love Sam Vimes, and everyone in the Watch. But then there is also Lu-Tze, and the Librarian, and Archchancellor Ridcully, and the Death of Rats with Quoth the Raven. I think for this poll I have to go with Vimes, as Nightwatch is the best book in the series, and the new one Thud is great.

Also, how many of you have read Strata? and what did you think of it?

Im waiting for Thud on paperback, the cheapskate that I am

Ormorof

FH is my second home
yeah the nightwatch was amazing, i did love Wee Free Men too though :(

Not-As-Big-As-Wee-Jock-But-Bigger-Than-Wee-Jock-Jock!! or whatever :m00:

Amanita

Part of the furniture
I used to like Granny Weatherwax the best but Sam Vimes gets better with each book Terry writes. His last two Vimes books have had me "wow"d.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Has to be Mustrum Ridcully and the faculty (the Dean, Lecturer in Recent Runes etc etc). When they first came in in Moving Pictures I think I physically wet myself in some of their bits - absolutely class, really crack me up.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Just finished reading Small Gods and I really liked Om and his fits of rage :) Had to go with Death. in the poll though, he is awesome.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
I Must be the only one who likes Seargant Detritus the best.

Makes me howl ever time he opens his mouth...

Vimes - "I need someone diplomatic to volunteer"

Detritus - "Messir!"

Vimes - "Sergent, you put a man through a wall last week... thats not entirly diplomatic.. is it?"

Detritus - ".... wuz a fin wall sir!"

Shadoo

Fledgling Freddie
Vimes ftw!

I just finished Night Watch what a brilliant Book must be the best i have read so far

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Im about to finishing "Going Postal"... but its far from as good as "Wee, Free men" (Think its named that, if I remember it corect) or Night watch.. or The colour of magic for that matter.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Guards! Guards! has to be one of the best Discworld books but i must say that im a big fan of Death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom